Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$4,500 MBA - Carolina University
UniAthena is partnering with Carolina University to offer an MBA for $4,500. Although Carolina University's TRACS accreditation may be a little inconvenient, it might be useful for admission to Liberty or other regionally-accredited religious schools.
https://uniathena.com/course/2241
[-] The following 1 user Likes archsvt's post:
  • jch
This is somewhat interesting. It’s like an Italian version of ENEB… but a little more expensive
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Basically, Athena Education group has a few partners, I think it's a great option to get awarded with "Dual" credentials.
I recall they work with a few institutions from certs and diplomas up to degrees at the graduate level (including the DBA).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
While I am glad that other options are being created, can someone give me a use case where getting a $4,500 MBA from a place like Carolina University, which is nationally accredited is better than getting a $9,900 MBA from some place like Eastern University, which is regionally accredited? I k now that it is not a degree mill, like the unaccredited programs. I am just exploring the utility.

What is the utility of nationally accredited MBA programs like this vs the super cheap regionally accredited programs? I will admit that I am not up to speed on much with national accreditation. I remember reading about it more during the mid-2000's, when schools like Aspen U getting DETC accreditation and offering doctorates sparked a lot of discussion on the sister boards. This was back when there were far fewer options.
MS, Data Science, Eastern University
ALM, Information Technology, Harvard University
AB, Government, Georgetown University
[-] The following 1 user Likes mcjon77's post:
  • Vle045
(06-03-2022, 11:41 PM)mcjon77 Wrote: While I am glad that other options are being created, can someone give me a use case where getting a $4,500 MBA from a place like Carolina University, which is nationally accredited is better than getting a $9,900 MBA from some place like Eastern University, which is regionally accredited?  I k now that it is not a degree mill, like the unaccredited programs.  I am just exploring the utility.

What is the utility of nationally accredited MBA programs like this vs the super cheap regionally accredited programs?  I will admit that I am not up to speed on much with national accreditation.  I remember reading about it more during the mid-2000's, when schools like Aspen U getting DETC accreditation and offering doctorates sparked a lot of discussion on the sister boards.  This was back when there were far fewer options.

I used to work for a US state government and having any nationally/regionally accredited masters degree (as a checkbox) works equally well in getting promoted to certain job levels.   I think those who would choose the $4,500 nationally accredited option are those who just want the checkbox and are living paycheck to paycheck right now so that an additional 5K might mean the difference between a masters and no masters.  For people who are financially flexible, obviously the decision can be made based on far more factors than money.
One can get an MBA from an RA school - HAU - for $3000. For an MBA I'd definitely want an RA school.
[-] The following 3 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • cerich67, FastTrackDegree, rbrtpgdmn@gmail.com
(06-04-2022, 07:30 AM)smartdegree Wrote:
(06-03-2022, 11:41 PM)mcjon77 Wrote: While I am glad that other options are being created, can someone give me a use case where getting a $4,500 MBA from a place like Carolina University, which is nationally accredited is better than getting a $9,900 MBA from some place like Eastern University, which is regionally accredited?  I k now that it is not a degree mill, like the unaccredited programs.  I am just exploring the utility.

What is the utility of nationally accredited MBA programs like this vs the super cheap regionally accredited programs?  I will admit that I am not up to speed on much with national accreditation.  I remember reading about it more during the mid-2000's, when schools like Aspen U getting DETC accreditation and offering doctorates sparked a lot of discussion on the sister boards.  This was back when there were far fewer options.

I used to work for a US state government and having any nationally/regionally accredited masters degree (as a checkbox) works equally well in getting promoted to certain job levels.   I think those who would choose the $4,500 nationally accredited option are those who just want the checkbox and are living paycheck to paycheck right now so that an additional 5K might mean the difference between a masters and no masters.  For people who are financially flexible, obviously the decision can be made based on far more factors than money.

That is a legit reason, especially if you are a career federal employee.  Why pay more money, when you just need to check the box to go to the next paygrade? Thanks!
MS, Data Science, Eastern University
ALM, Information Technology, Harvard University
AB, Government, Georgetown University
[-] The following 1 user Likes mcjon77's post:
  • Vle045

I think it widely depends on what you want to do with it afterwards.  
I have heard for those who want to teach at a university, they often need to be RA.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)

(05-31-2022, 09:02 PM)archsvt Wrote: UniAthena is partnering with Carolina University to offer an MBA for $4,500. Although Carolina University's TRACS accreditation may be a little inconvenient, it might be useful for admission to Liberty or other regionally-accredited religious schools.
https://uniathena.com/course/2241

They have doubled the price to $9,000.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plasticbottle's post:
  • Vle045
Oh wow. They sure did.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 199 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 712 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,858 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,102 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 493 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,315 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 369 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,638 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 662 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 14,288 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel