Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$4000 per year SMART Grant for Natural Sciences/Mathematics
I came across this on the FAFSA site FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid

National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent Grant (National SMART Grant)
The National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent Grant (National SMART Grant) is for third- and fourth-year undergraduate students who are eligible to receive up to $ 4,000 each year.

To be eligible for a National SMART Grant you must:

* Be a U.S. citizen;
* Be Federal Pell Grant eligible;
* Be enrolled full-time pursuing a major in physical, life or computer sciences, mathematics, technology, engineering, or a critical foreign language; and
* Have at least a cumulative 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.

You may contact the financial aid office at your school for assistance regarding the National SMART Grant.
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
I was hoping to enroll in the comprehensive plan at TESC this year, but with the economy and my son in college we couldn't swing it. I almost didn't enroll at all but at the last minute I put it on a credit card. I meet some of the requirements for that grant, but I am not a full time student and we don't qualify for any federal money. I have always wondered why a person making $75K in NJ is supposed to be able to afford the same things as a person making $75K in Oskosh Iowa.
Just my 2c I am feeling like my college is taking more than just time from my family and it is starting to get to me.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Lindagerr Wrote:I have always wondered why a person making $75K in NJ is supposed to be able to afford the same things as a person making $75K in Oskosh Iowa.
Just my 2c I am feeling like my college is taking more than just time from my family and it is starting to get to me.

hilarious

Linda, that's the same argument I made during the campaign against Obama's tax plan! A progressive income tax that does not take into account cost of living is a regressive tax for those living in places like NJ and CA. Even our esteemed Senator, Lautenberg, does not get it (of course watching his acceptance speech one has to wonder if he even understands he's a senator), he said during the campaing that 250k was a starting point for discussion on taxes and the real number will most likely be lower. Does he even live in NJ anymore? Must be nice to be a millionare and not have to worry about things like taxes or tuition. Rolleyes
TESC - BSBA - Computer Information Systems
S.H. Required – 120
S.H. Applied – 109.3
S.H. Remaining – 10.7

Transferred Credits
Winona St. University – 9.3
Kean College – 37
Chubb Institute – 16

TESC Taken
Eng Comp I (OL) – A
Eng Comp II (TECEP) – Pass
Bus. Law (OL) – A
Quant. Business Analysis (OL) – A
Business Letter & Report Writing I (PLA) - Pass
Int. to Photography (OL) - B+ :ack:
Statistics (OL) - A
Business in Soc. (PLA) - Pass
Database Mgmt (OL) - A
File Mgmt (PLA) - Pass

TESC Planned
Principles of Managerial Accounting (OL) – May '10
Business Policy (OL) – Jan '11

CLEP/DSST Exams
Principles of Marketing – 76
Principles of Management – Aug '10
Microeconomics - 63

Penn Foster
Structured Systems Analysis – July ‘08 - A
System Design - July '08 - A
Principles of Finance (OL) – June '10
Don't get me started on tax policy Smile
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASNSM Mathematics AOS Electives shadowgem 8 1,882 08-21-2018, 02:43 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,858 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  TESU First Year Foundations & More Questions Lewis.Yim 8 2,917 06-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  TESU BS Health Sciences Jimmy999 1 998 04-18-2018, 01:48 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Does anyone have a detailed list of courses for EC's BA in Natural Sciences? Pelican 3 1,327 03-26-2018, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Yenisei
  1 UL Credit in Arts & Sciences Srbinoki 13 2,825 03-10-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Recommendations for TESU's "Understanding the Physical and Natural World"? leland.kirk 7 1,856 02-15-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: davewill
Question Fulfilling the Natural World requirements: ELSADDIQ 10 1,834 02-06-2018, 08:59 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Where are all the UL 'Natural Science' classes? scout2family 11 2,925 01-31-2018, 03:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior Natural Science Kima 0 932 01-28-2018, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Kima