Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final UoPeople / University of the People Degree Plan
Smile 
After making MANY degree plans, and considering several different online schools, I officially went with University of the People / UoPeople!  What worked for me, may not work for others, but below is the degree plan I drew up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

A few comments.  I am NOT in a rush to complete a BA, I am on a VERY limited budget, and wanted to transfer max credits.  I will be done December 2024.  UoPeople has a partnership with Sophia, and transfer fees are waived for up to 20 courses!

My final total for a Bachelors in Business Administration is:

Application Fee - $60.00
Transfer per course $17 x10 - $170.00
Course Assessment Fees $140 x10 - $1,400.00 (Paid when courses are completed, not up front)
BA Total @ UoPeople - $1,630.00

If you add in my 2 months of Sophia, the total is: $1,768.20

As a note, I have been in business and marketing for 26 years, so my resume is led off of experience, not degree.  Basically, I wanted to fulfill the check box, and UoPeople did that for me.  Yes, they are NA accredited vs RA accredited at the moment, BUT are in the process of RA.  With that said, I have worked in recruiting, and I had NEVER seen accreditation be questioned for a regular business job.  Background checks just confirm a potential employee did in fact receive the degree.  And, I have already researched that if I chose to get my Masters, WGU accepts UoPeople BA, under NA accreditation.  If you want UoPeople BA Smileto eventually do Masters and then Doctorate, you have a bit more work to do researching your options, I cannot provide that information. 

Hope this helps someone.
In Progress: Bachelors of Science in Business Administration - UoPeople / University of the People

Completed: Pierpont Community & Technical College l AAS: Business - Dec 2023
Completed: Google Project Management Specialization - Jan 2024
Completed: Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce Specialization - Jan 2024
Completed: 108 Sophia Credits - 2023/24

[-] The following 1 user Likes TaraD2020's post:
  • Vle045
Access denied for Google Sheets.

UMPI is still cheaper at $1500 if you can finish in one term.

Going to UOP is much like SNHU traditional online college with deadlines. It will take about 10 months to complete a degree there with max transfer.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • rachel83az, ss20ts
think your transfers class is miscalculated,
need to transfer 30 class then balance 10 class
my sample

Attached Files
.docx   UOP transfer.docx (Size: 17.25 KB / Downloads: 11)
Plan : Edgewood EdD
In Progress: GGU DBA | TESU BA | UoPeople M.Ed & BA |Jagiellońska LLD |UMPI BA|[b]Walden MS (I/O)|[/b]
Completed: UMPI BLS, Universidad Isabel MBA, Uni Teesside MA, Griffith U MLPD, 
East London MBA, London Metropolitan Uni LLM, CLEA Uni MAPP,  Uni San Miguel PhD HRM

I think the OP intentionally put 10. As she said, 20 are transferred for free…
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Depending on your commitments, time management, I will pretty much repeat this from LevelUP: UMPI is still cheaper at $1500 if you can finish in one term.

Going to UOP is much like SNHU traditional online college with deadlines. It will take about 10 months to complete a degree there with max transfer.

Side Note: Good luck, have fun, it won't really matter which way you go, NA/RA as long as you're able to get a degree of your choice an it gets to your goal.  You may want to read up on posts on here or reviews on U of People as there have been some pushback and slack going their route.  

BTW, I just got a PM the other day to write a Public Service Announcement informing the board and the sister board, reasons not to enroll and I'll compare that with other reasons to enroll.  This person ultimately paid the admissions fee and was unable to get a refund, they felt cheated.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
How do you feel about peer grading from students whose first language isn't English? I ask because peer grading is part of U of the P. Personally, I am not a fan. I've seen many people have problems with it. Even just working on a team project I see the same problems and purposely avoid classes with team projects.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az
(04-01-2024, 11:51 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Depending on your commitments, time management, I will pretty much repeat this from LevelUP: UMPI is still cheaper at $1500 if you can finish in one term.

Side Note: Good luck, have fun, it won't really matter which way you go, NA/RA as long as you're able to get a degree of your choice an it gets to your goal.  You may want to read up on posts on here or reviews on U of People as there have been some pushback and slack going their route.  

BTW, I just got a PM the other day to write a Public Service Announcement informing the board and the sister board, reasons not to enroll and I'll compare that with other reasons to enroll.  This person ultimately paid the admissions fee and was unable to get a refund, they felt cheated.

That person should realize that the majority of application fees are nonrefundable in higher education.
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - May 2025
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion  - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

[-] The following 2 users Like TINASAM's post:
  • ss20ts, Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Degree Planning Class & Degree Plans dragonwolf 8 2,390 03-27-2024, 11:36 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Excelsior BS in Cybersecurity Degree Plan dragonwolf 12 2,531 07-19-2022, 12:54 PM
Last Post: dragonwolf
  BS in Criminal Justice Degree Plan dragonwolf 8 1,724 07-18-2022, 06:13 PM
  WGU BS in Computer Science Degree Plan dragonwolf 5 1,627 06-23-2022, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BA in Psychology Degree Plan dragonwolf 9 1,957 06-09-2022, 11:22 AM
Last Post: StudiousTraveller
  TESU BSBA Degree Plan dragonwolf 2 1,761 05-29-2022, 03:34 PM
  Excelsior Degree Plans dragonwolf 0 1,885 05-12-2022, 03:30 PM