Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boost GPA
Hi,

I know this forum is really helpful and I am here with another question.

Does anyone know how to boost GPA for the completed undergraduate degree (it was completed 10 years ago)?

I tried googling and many people suggested to have go for another bachelors or just any regular masters which don’t require high GPA for further studies.

This is for my friend who is not here .
You can't boost a completed degree. You can only get a new degree or go for a less competitive graduate program.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
https://www.prepscholar.com/sat/s/colleg...quirements

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

[quote="NewatTESU" pid='354932' dateline='1642123467']
https://www.prepscholar.com/sat/s/colleg...quirements

SMU - Mentioned that SAT or ACT to compensate
.jpg   IMG_1642123568.678222.jpg (Size: 120.47 KB / Downloads: 10)
Basically, we need to know what program or what the person is trying to do, it's a bit unclear... Are they planning to attend SMU? Is this for another Bachelors or a new Masters degree? First off, if the person has a Bachelors already (last decade), having a higher ACT/SAT score is only for high school applicants trying to get into a college/university - not for grad studies, depending on what grad school, it would be a GRE/GMAT/MCAT/LSAT, etc.

Second, you can still boost a GPA from the original institution even after getting a degree from them. Example, you finish with 20 courses at a community college, with an average of 3.0 and you want to bump that higher because of a C or D grade. You can retake those failing or lower grade level courses, they won't re-issue a degree because you have it already, but that will effectively bump you up to whatever letter grade you receive. The new transcripts will reflect that first degree and the newest grades!

Having said that, I wouldn't bother with upgrading the course because of the cost/energy/time used. I would apply to the institution you want and also a few "backup" options. When you apply to SMU, create an admissions essay/letter, ask for conditional acceptance, explain you are close to that GPA and will work hard to complete 1 or 2 courses to show you're ready for that graduate degree! Many times, they will give you an option to take 1-2 courses to verify you're ready. Good luck, have fun applying!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you for your response!
My friend is trying to apply for PhD in medical school and he is just getting rejection due to his GPA which following just below the average for some particular universities. He is at 3.38 on 4.0. However, universities like SMU or Utah have average of 3.5 - 3.7 average acceptance rate for their Phd programs.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where to turn to boost GPA? TalentlessOlympian 15 3,816 01-27-2019, 01:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore