Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
77 Online credit courses in English from Germany - from €16/ECTS
Awesome! Thanks for finding that information.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Received a lengthy reply from VBH (translated by DeepL from German):

The certificates/grades you receive according to the course description in the course program CLASSIC vhb, section "Examination", are created by the course administrators according to the examination regulations of the provider universities, not by the vhb. Since vhb is not a university but only an affiliated institute of its provider universities, it cannot - due to its lack of university status - issue graded certificates of attendance/certificates/grade certificates recognized in the university sector.
If you need to apply for the certificate/credit, you should find appropriate information in the course description or in the course. For students using courses from their own university, grades may only be reported to the Examinations Office through the usual channels.

The vhb acts only as a financier and broker (e.g., central participant registration, central catalog functions) of the course offerings distributed through the vhb. The courses offered via the vhb portals are the responsibility of the respective provider university. The course and examination implementation (i.e. content creation, course hosting, course supervision and examination taking, including grade determination and certification) is the responsibility of the university offering the respective course. Questions regarding the course/examination procedures can - beyond the information provided in the vhb course program - only be answered by the instructor offering and responsible for the course.

The university offering the course "Imaging in Astronomy" is the University of Würzburg (Prof. Dr. Kadler), course supervisor is Mr. Kappes (alexander.kappes@uni-wuerzburg.de) - from there you will also receive the certificate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FrHaseKopf's post:
  • rachel83az
I'm very interested to hear what the exams are like from someone who goes through one (or more) of these courses. I hope that people aren't required to go to an actual testing center.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(01-17-2022, 08:41 AM)FrHaseKopf Wrote: Since vhb is not a university but only an affiliated institute of its provider universities, it cannot - due to its lack of university status - issue graded certificates of attendance/certificates/grade certificates recognized in the university sector.
If you need to apply for the certificate/credit, you should find appropriate information in the course description or in the course.

so this is basically as I had suspected earlier ... the provider universities issue the transcripts. That's a bit of a shame, it would be more convenient (and cheaper for eval purposes) to have a consolidated transcript.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zardoz's post:
  • rachel83az
Not all courses have exams. Some are portfolio, case study or seminar papers. I don't know what the exams are like for an "open course", but in the German university I went to, in the online courses the professors just give you a "take-home exam", which you have to finish within 24 hours. (Usually more difficult than closed-book exams, and some even require that you write lengthy answers by hand then scan.) I doubt they will actually require you to go to a test center, but ask the professor before enrolment just to be sure.
[-] The following 2 users Like FrHaseKopf's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az
some further update:

I checked some course pages, they actually put detailed information of exams/assessment. For example, "Programming in C++" , "Fundamental of Project Management" have "take-home exam"; "Engineering Mathematics" has "Online-Test", but some courses like "IT Support" has written exam which takes place in the university (they specified exam location).
(01-17-2022, 10:25 PM)FrHaseKopf Wrote: some further update:

I checked some course pages, they actually put detailed information of exams/assessment. For example, "Programming in C++" , "Fundamental of Project Management" have "take-home exam";  "Engineering Mathematics" has "Online-Test", but some courses like "IT Support" has written exam which takes place in the university (they specified exam location).

I also got the long emails, and tried log in to Classic vhb, but no luck.

But after a Google translate, it seems like if the access is not yet functional until a certain date?

And I´m supposed to register to the courses, and then get the information from them about the payment, and then I get the access, and I´m also supposed to check requirements.

But actually it seems too confusing, I´m almost giving up.

Yesterday I was able to make Xamk work, it was much easier.
(01-17-2022, 10:42 PM)MrPanda Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 10:25 PM)FrHaseKopf Wrote: some further update:

I checked some course pages, they actually put detailed information of exams/assessment. For example, "Programming in C++" , "Fundamental of Project Management" have "take-home exam";  "Engineering Mathematics" has "Online-Test", but some courses like "IT Support" has written exam which takes place in the university (they specified exam location).

I also got the long emails, and tried log in to Classic vhb, but no luck.

But after a Google translate, it seems like if the access is not yet functional until a certain date?

And I´m supposed to register to the courses, and then get the information from them about the payment, and then I get the access, and I´m also supposed to check requirements.

But actually it seems too confusing, I´m almost giving up.

Yesterday I was able to make Xamk work, it was much easier.

agree, the German sites are really not that friendly...
This thread just returned to my radar. Has anyone been successful taking any of these courses?
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Hmm, I wonder how these would go (along with the inexpensive Finnish ones on the WIKI), if someone who has taken these already (or some of them), how did it transfer to any of the institutions we usually talk about? Any tried transferring these credits?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 12 776 04-20-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 4,087 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,529 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 284 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 418 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,407 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 342 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,790 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,799 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 763 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh