Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
90 Credit Transfer Policy thru ACE and applied to Degree Requirements at TESU
bricabrac Wrote:You should still be able to still sign on. I just logged in to my account and I have not visited in years. There is a send transcript icon on the first page. If not, just give them a call to request the transcript.

Yeah I just logged into mine and sent them the most recent courses I've taken thru them about 11 courses. So at the very least maybe they can remove the 11 courses from ACE that I've added to my academic evaluation and reapply them as a credit source from Straighterline, so my credit limit can decrease enough so I can transfer in the 5 penn foster courses I'm in the process of completing.

Appreciate all the help.
Borashi Wrote:Yeah I just logged into mine and sent them the most recent courses I've taken thru them about 11 courses. So at the very least maybe they can remove the 11 courses from ACE that I've added to my academic evaluation and reapply them as a credit source from Straighterline, so my credit limit can decrease enough so I can transfer in the 5 penn foster courses I'm in the process of completing.

Appreciate all the help.

Can you give us an update on how this is going for you? Did you complete the 5 Penn Foster courses already?
I'm taking 3 Penn Foster courses and hope it won't cause issues as well. Just thinking how I should proceed.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:Can you give us an update on how this is going for you? Did you complete the 5 Penn Foster courses already?
I'm taking 3 Penn Foster courses and hope it won't cause issues as well. Just thinking how I should proceed.

I think as dfrecore pointed out on the first page that he thought "ACE" counted as a single source, when it doesn't. You can bring all 120cr in on an ACE transcript, as long as on the ACE transcript they are from different sources (e.g. SL, PF, Saylor, etc).
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
Digging up a bit of an old thread here, but can dsst and clep scores be sent to ACE? If so, what are the "codes" for each?
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Zachcleigh Wrote:Digging up a bit of an old thread here, but can dsst and clep scores be sent to ACE? If so, what are the "codes" for each?

I do believe you have to have CLEP send your CLEP Transcript to ACE. If you log onto ACE and try and add CLEPs to it, it gives you a message that says it needs official score reports. Someone on here that has done it can you please verify. I do intend to do this once I have all my CLEPs done.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I dont like that I have to pay for my clep transcripts because I opted to not send my scores when I took the tests.
creditmonsoon Wrote:I dont like that I have to pay for my clep transcripts because I opted to not send my scores when I took the tests.

I believe that is the only way to send your scores is with a transcript from CLEP. Colleges want to see an Official Score Report and the report I get from the testing center is only unofficial. So Unless you can get Official Score Reports for free you will have to pay to send the transcript. I would send them to ACE so they are there forever. CLEP only keeps them for 20years. ACE will keep them forever.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
creditmonsoon Wrote:I dont like that I have to pay for my clep transcripts because I opted to not send my scores when I took the tests.

Unfortunately, that's the way it's always been. Most people take them, send them to their schools immediately, or else wait until they have them all taken and pay a transcript fee to send them all at once. It's possible that it's an easier process for them to do the immediate send, and so if you don't do that, then you're creating extra work for them - who knows. They have been around for a very long time, so I imagine that they may not have put a good process in place to simplify this (I'm always surprised by large companies especially having terrible outdated processes in place for the simplest things).

You could always have them send to the school immediately if you didn't want to pay.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I apologize for crashing the party, but I stumbled across this thread while seeking solutions for my issue, and don't know where else to ask. Please feel free to direct me to an appropriate forum.

How does this ACE thing work, in terms of credits. I was unaware that there were "national" accreditation agencies separate from the regional ones, so have just learned that my 68 very expensive accredited credits are useless at TESU, and I want to just give up and cry. If there's a workaround for these, I'd love to know about it. It seems stupid to me to have to test out or create portfolios for all of these classes all over again because I basically already did that -- it's called coursework and final exams. Wink
a2jc4life Wrote:I apologize for crashing the party, but I stumbled across this thread while seeking solutions for my issue, and don't know where else to ask. Please feel free to direct me to an appropriate forum.

How does this ACE thing work, in terms of credits. I was unaware that there were "national" accreditation agencies separate from the regional ones, so have just learned that my 68 very expensive accredited credits are useless at TESU, and I want to just give up and cry. If there's a workaround for these, I'd love to know about it. It seems stupid to me to have to test out or create portfolios for all of these classes all over again because I basically already did that -- it's called coursework and final exams. Wink

Where were these credits taken at? What was the school and what are the courses? What is your ultimate goal, a BSBA or BALS degree?
If these are from Penn Foster or another nationally accredited college, if these are again ACE credits, then they're transferable to about 2000 schools.

Update: I see you posted this again, I've asked in this thread - there is a workaround
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ogram.html
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,721 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 196 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 585 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 767 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,178 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM