Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
90 credits at Sophia? Is it possible?
I am degree planning right now. I wonder if it is possible to take all 90 credits for a UMPI BLS using Sophia only? I've been searching the forum and I can't tell if anyone has done that.
Pretty sure it's a thing that is possible. If not, Sophia definitely has all of the required classes needed for UMPI now.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • one_step_at_a_time
That's correct, with the addition of the Biology course & Lab or Chemistry course & Lab for the science lab requirement and the Spanish I for the language requirement (and II if you wanted to expand on your Spanish), the general education requirements and electives should be possible entirely through Sophia.org, I would recommend taking the 25% discount of $299 for 4 months to see if you can finish those.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • one_step_at_a_time
You can't quite get to 90 because of the UL requirements.

Total Sophia Courses BLS Management

General Education
37cr Everything but American Government

Core Courses
3cr Project Management

24 UL Requirements
3cr Business Law

Free Electives
41cr (whatever you want)

Grand Total 81 Sophia credits

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 3 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • ISKBizz15, one_step_at_a_time, origamishuttle
(01-18-2023, 10:33 PM)LevelUP Wrote: You can't quite get to 90 because of the UL requirements.

General Education

Core Courses
3cr Project Management

24 UL Requirements
3cr Business Law

Free Electives
41cr (whatever you want)

I transferred in 90, I did everything listed here for Sophia (both GE and electives), Bio lab at Study.  Added a UL elective and a core from Study as well.
[-] The following 3 users Like jd0uglas36's post:
  • ISKBizz15, one_step_at_a_time, origamishuttle
Thanks for your advice. I'm plugging away at it and we'll see what happens. I'll keep everyone posted.
(01-19-2023, 01:55 PM)jd0uglas36 Wrote:
(01-18-2023, 10:33 PM)LevelUP Wrote: You can't quite get to 90 because of the UL requirements.

General Education

Core Courses
3cr Project Management

24 UL Requirements
3cr Business Law

Free Electives
41cr (whatever you want)

I transferred in 90, I did everything listed here for Sophia (both GE and electives), Bio lab at Study.  Added a UL elective and a core from Study as well.

@jd0uglas36

Is it possible to transfer in the 90 credits entirely from Sophia without using Study.com OR do would someone need to take a UL elective and core class from Study.com. While SDC is not that expensive and I could probably take those 2 classes in one month for a total of $200, I would like to avoid paying the $200 from SDC if not needed? 

With the addition of the Intro to Chemistry w/Lab or Human Bio w/Lab courses, I am wondering it would be possible to transfer 90 credits in the BABA Mgmt with Leadership concentration?

I am helping my son degree plan and we would like to avoid paying unnecessary fees even if it is $200. Can he transfer in 90 credits solely with Sophia? Then, he could take the remaining 30 classes at UMPI? 

I am seeing contradictory advice of only being able to get to 81 credits max from Sophia for the UMPI degree vs. 90 credits. The BLS with Mgmt concentration might be different than the BABA Mgmt and Leadership concentration.

If he needs to take UL classes, does it make more sense to take them from SDC from a cost stand point or take an additional 9 credit hours at UMPI. Looking at the tuition cost of UMPI at $1400 per term, it seems like it makes more sense to pay $199 month for SDC even if it is 2 months to take 9-12 cr hrs at $400 total vs. the UMPI $1400 amt. If he needs to take several SDC courses, so be it, I just want to make sure we clearly identify exactly what they are now so we don't waste time and money.

Thanks,

EducationSeeker
(01-22-2023, 03:29 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote:
(01-19-2023, 01:55 PM)jd0uglas36 Wrote:

General Education

Core Courses
3cr Project Management

24 UL Requirements
3cr Business Law

Free Electives
41cr (whatever you want)

@jd0uglas36

Is it possible to transfer in the 90 credits entirely from Sophia without using Study.com OR do would someone need to take a UL elective and core class from Study.com. While SDC is not that expensive and I could probably take those 2 classes in one month for a total of $200, I would like to avoid paying the $200 from SDC if not needed? 

With the addition of the Intro to Chemistry w/Lab or Human Bio w/Lab courses, I am wondering it would be possible to transfer 90 credits in the BABA Mgmt with Leadership concentration?

I am helping my son degree plan and we would like to avoid paying unnecessary fees even if it is $200. Can he transfer in 90 credits solely with Sophia? Then, he could take the remaining 30 classes at UMPI? 

I am seeing contradictory advice of only being able to get to 81 credits max from Sophia for the UMPI degree vs. 90 credits. The BLS with Mgmt concentration might be different than the BABA Mgmt and Leadership concentration.

If he needs to take UL classes, does it make more sense to take them from SDC from a cost stand point or take an additional 9 credit hours at UMPI. Looking at the tuition cost of UMPI at $1400 per term, it seems like it makes more sense to pay $199 month for SDC even if it is 2 months to take 9-12 cr hrs at $400 total vs. the UMPI $1400 amt. If he needs to take several SDC courses, so be it, I just want to make sure we clearly identify exactly what they are now so we don't waste time and money.

Thanks,

EducationSeeker
I would definitely take as many credits as possible and only do the bare minimum at UMPI if you are looking at it from a cost standpoint. 

Having an extra 9-12 credit hours to do at UMPI would probably make you end up paying more than if you did SDC for 1 or 2 months.
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
The thing you need to figure out: whether it's worth 1 month of Study.com ($199) to take a couple of UL courses or courses in your major, so that you don't end up doing an additional $1400 term at UMPI

It would suck to try to save $199 by not doing a month of SDC, only to find that you can't get through the courses you need at UMPI as quickly as you thought, and then you have to take another unplanned term at UMPI that you wouldn't have had to. Not saying that this is guaranteed, but it certainly can't hurt to pay $200 to take a couple of UL courses at SDC (ones with not too many papers to write, maybe with just a single assignment), in order to make sure you meet your deadline, whatever that might be (I'm guessing that you will want to finish in 2 terms, since 1 is going to be a LOT of work).

Just something to think about.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
People used to go to Study for their lab science. That's no longer necessary as Sophia now has 2 lab sciences. That will help to increase the number of credits you can transfer in from Sophia.

You can also transfer in courses after you're enrolled and attending UMPI. So if you're finding yourself not moving along as quickly as you like at UMPI, you could still take Study courses at the same time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 111 Yesterday, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 2 124 04-19-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Bus 150 - Sophia didn't transfer layermonkey 5 280 04-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 345 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
  Do credits expire? mattbau43 10 396 04-10-2024, 04:28 PM
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 236 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 456 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  Micro bio, Sophia learningthehardway 10 284 04-05-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Rainbow GEC Critical & Creative Thinking Learning Objective D - Sophia equivalents? mythomagician 2 215 03-27-2024, 07:59 PM
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 1,047 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567