Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.A.S Block Transfer
Hello everyone.

This is my first post and I don’t know where to turn. I just completed an A.A.S in Administrative/Mgmt. Studies from Excelsior within 7 months thanks to this forum.

I am looking for a flexible school to complete the fastest Bachelors that I can get. Preferably an accelerated program. I will be using my Post 9/11.

I’ve tried Purdue, Liberty, SNHU, National U and I am not happy with the evaluations. At this point in my life I will even consider an NA school.
[-] The following 2 users Like mzcutie85's post:
  • Life Long Learning, Life_One
Have you considered continuing on with Excelsior or another of the Big 3?

Aside from that, WGU accepts AAS generally as a block transfer depending on your degree, buy it won't satisfy much since their degree plans involve so little gen ed.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • cookderosa, mzcutie85
You can stick with a RA school with Thomas Edison State University! What kind of bachelors program you looking for?
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
(01-09-2019, 11:32 PM)mzcutie85 Wrote: Hello everyone.

This is my first post and I don’t know where to turn. I just completed an A.A.S in Administrative/Mgmt. Studies from Excelsior within 7 months thanks to this forum.

I am looking for a flexible school to complete the fastest Bachelors that I can get. Preferably an accelerated program. I will be using my Post 9/11.

I’ve tried Purdue, Liberty, SNHU, National U and I am not happy with the evaluations. At this point in my life I will even consider an NA school.

None of the big 3 will give you a block transfer with an AAS from Excelsior.
What exactly didn't you like about your eval?
(01-10-2019, 02:42 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 11:32 PM)mzcutie85 Wrote: Hello everyone.

None of the big 3 will give you a block transfer with an AAS from Excelsior.
What exactly didn't you like about your eval?

For example, out of my 64 credits from Excelsior Purdue only honored 23 credits.

(01-09-2019, 11:59 PM)jsd Wrote: Have you considered continuing on with Excelsior or another of the Big 3?

Aside from that, WGU accepts AAS generally as a block transfer depending on your degree, buy it won't satisfy much since their degree plans involve so little gen ed.

I am struggling at Excelsior. I’ve failed 3 upper level courses last year. I’m afraid of wasting my GI Bill at this school.

I will see about WGU and maybe their competency program would be a better fit.
TESU recognized all my credits but I'm afraid that I would struggle like I was at Excelsior.
Mzcutie85, you should be fine with TESU, just transfer your courses in for the BSBA or BALS. They only require 15 UL credits vs the 30 for Excelsior. You technically should get all your credits transferred over, you should copy/paste your evaluation from Excelsior into this thread so we can create a spreadsheet for you. We just need to see what courses you have taken and see if it applies to either degree.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-10-2019, 03:08 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Mzcutie85, you should be fine with TESU, just transfer your courses in for the BSBA or BALS.  They only require 15 UL credits vs the 30 for Excelsior.  You technically should get all your credits transferred over, you should copy/paste your evaluation from Excelsior into this thread so we can create a spreadsheet for you.  We just need to see what courses you have taken and see if it applies to either degree.

See Attached

Thanks

Attached Files
.pdf   mzec.pdf (Size: 528.17 KB / Downloads: 31)
[-] The following 1 user Likes mzcutie85's post:
  • Life Long Learning
I just skimmed through this, I think the courses should transfer fine into a BALS or you can go for a BSBA.
The main thing is, you get to complete classes faster and there are lesser Upper Level requirements at TESU.
You only need 18 Upper Level credits vs 30 at Excelsior. I would quickly apply and send them your transcripts ASAP.

BTW, are you an active service person? If you are, you should be able to get tuition discounts below.
Apply here, it should be free https://www.tesu.edu/military
Tuition: https://www.tesu.edu/military/tuition-fees

I think the TECEPS count toward residency, you need 24 credits, I recommend doing at least 7 easy TECEPS
The only course you need to take is the Capstone at TESU, the rest should come from CLEP/DSST/TECEP, etc.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • mzcutie85
New England College (NH) accepted my associate degree as a block transfer from Ashworth. You can finish in less than 14 months (by taking 2 courses per term)
BABA, New England College, 2019
[-] The following 1 user Likes harrypotter's post:
  • mzcutie85
(01-10-2019, 07:36 PM)harrypotter Wrote: New England College (NH) accepted my associate degree as a block transfer from Ashworth. You can finish in less than 14 months (by taking 2 courses per term)

I spoke with a rep from New England College. He said that their courses are 4 credits.

I would need about 7 semesters to finish the bachelors program by taking 2 courses. It would take about 1 year to finish and that’s what I’m looking for to not waste the GI Bill.

I’m waiting for my evaluation so that may take a couple of days.
[-] The following 2 users Like mzcutie85's post:
  • harrypotter, Life_One

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 585 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 655 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  MyWay Transfer Update: Non-degree awarding course provider bjcheung77 10 1,714 11-15-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
Lightbulb College classes in high school, Transfer Policy? pilot 3 649 02-02-2023, 01:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Super cool transfer tool - Franklin University cookderosa 11 3,005 07-10-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Do Capstones Transfer? Insert Name 5 699 07-01-2022, 11:59 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Transfer Credit Equivalency Alpha 1 644 05-12-2022, 08:43 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Do I have to Formally Enroll to Find Out What RA Credits Will Transfer? retro 8 959 04-13-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  East Central (OK) Accepts 90 credits transfer for Bachelors bjcheung77 2 734 04-05-2022, 12:46 AM
Last Post: rachel83az