Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Better TESU Diploma
Thank you everyone in this forum. Today was my graduation at TESU and seeing my immigrant parents cry as their son was the first person in the family to complete college was such an awesome sight. Now as for the title, I was so eager to receive my diploma that I could not wait for the physical one to arrive in the mail. So I had an idea. I saw that on another forum a user printed I just downloaded my digital degrees from TESU (degreeforum.net) and it gave me an idea. I download that file and with a couple of hours on photoshop I was able to recreate the degree but with my name and information. I then printed it at my local office max and spent a little extra for the thick paper and frame. First, to improve it I use the term software engineering as even though I graduated with a CS degree I work in software development, and honestly it my degree so calling it software engineering seems cooler to me. To make it even better than the one I will receive in the mail I added my major to the degree name as I did not like how it was missing on the TESU official one. Also, I consider the font to be too small on the real one so I bolded and increase the sizing. Finding the exact font was not as easy as I thought it would be but I came pretty darn close. Also, you do not have to pay to do this. You can download this pdf instead of paying the $10 fee for tesu chargers and you can use photopea instead of photoshop if you do not have an account. I could have done this anytime but I wanted to wait till today because seeing the finished email made the paper on the wall feel real.

My copy: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
[-] The following 2 users Like maxxor6868's post:
  • tpowell, TwinMom
Wait, did I miss a graduation ceremony today?! I didn't get any notices or anything, was there a live stream? Hopefully it was recorded...

I graduated today too! Congratulations to us!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes inkleind's post:
  • tpowell
(03-12-2021, 09:48 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote: Thank you everyone in this forum. Today was my graduation at TESU and seeing my immigrant parents cry as their son was the first person in the family to complete college was such an awesome sight. Now as for the title, I was so eager to receive my diploma that I could not wait for the physical one to arrive in the mail. So I had an idea. I saw that on another forum a user printed I just downloaded my digital degrees from TESU (degreeforum.net) and it gave me an idea. I download that file and with a couple of hours on photoshop I was able to recreate the degree but with my name and information. I then printed it at my local office max and spent a little extra for the thick paper and frame. First, to improve it I use the term software engineering as even though I graduated with a CS degree I work in software development, and honestly it my degree so calling it software engineering seems cooler to me. To make it even better than the one I will receive in the mail I added my major to the degree name as I did not like how it was missing on the TESU official one. Also, I consider the font to be too small on the real one so I bolded and increase the sizing. Finding the exact font was not as easy as I thought it would be but I came pretty darn close. Also, you do not have to pay to do this. You can download this pdf instead of paying the $10 fee for tesu chargers and you can use photopea instead of photoshop if you do not have an account. I could have done this anytime but I wanted to wait till today because seeing the finished email made the paper on the wall feel real.

My copy: [/url][url=https://imgur.com/a/uiF8jLq]Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Diploma font looks like Old English type of font:
https://www.1001fonts.com/old-english-five-font.html

When I look at your image, the font doesn't match the font where it says "Bachelor of Science in"

So either change the font, or delete "Bachelor of Science in" and make it all with same font to make it look more natural.

Also, the real degree is "Bachelor of Arts" though will just say that and not "Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science"

I have done this type of image manipulation work before so I see these nit-picky things  Big Grin
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(03-13-2021, 02:33 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 09:48 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote: Thank you everyone in this forum. Today was my graduation at TESU and seeing my immigrant parents cry as their son was the first person in the family to complete college was such an awesome sight. Now as for the title, I was so eager to receive my diploma that I could not wait for the physical one to arrive in the mail. So I had an idea. I saw that on another forum a user printed I just downloaded my digital degrees from TESU (degreeforum.net) and it gave me an idea. I download that file and with a couple of hours on photoshop I was able to recreate the degree but with my name and information. I then printed it at my local office max and spent a little extra for the thick paper and frame. First, to improve it I use the term software engineering as even though I graduated with a CS degree I work in software development, and honestly it my degree so calling it software engineering seems cooler to me. To make it even better than the one I will receive in the mail I added my major to the degree name as I did not like how it was missing on the TESU official one. Also, I consider the font to be too small on the real one so I bolded and increase the sizing. Finding the exact font was not as easy as I thought it would be but I came pretty darn close. Also, you do not have to pay to do this. You can download this pdf instead of paying the $10 fee for tesu chargers and you can use photopea instead of photoshop if you do not have an account. I could have done this anytime but I wanted to wait till today because seeing the finished email made the paper on the wall feel real.

My copy: [/url]Imgur: The magic of the Internet

When I look at your image, the font doesn't match the font where it says "Bachelor of Science in"

So either change the font, or delete "Bachelor of Science in" and make it all with same font to make it look more natural.

Also, the real degree is "Bachelor of Arts" though will just say that and not "Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science"

I have done this type of image manipulation work before so I see these nit-picky things  Big Grin

Interesting thanks for the input! I'm a developer not a ux designer so not the best at it I will admit. I did know about the arts vs science thing but I kinda like having the science word before instead of arts even though it wasn't what tesu offer. This diploma isn't something I'm showing to employers it's completely personal so having it on my wall custom tailor even if not 100% is just for aesthics. Thanks for the advice!

(03-13-2021, 01:34 AM)inkleind Wrote: Wait, did I miss a graduation ceremony today?! I didn't get any notices or anything, was there a live stream? Hopefully it was recorded...

I graduated today too! Congratulations to us!!

There was a post on Twitter and I contacted the register and they check personally for me.

(03-13-2021, 02:33 AM)LevelUP Wrote:

My copy: [url=https://imgur.com/a/uiF8jLq]Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I have made the changes thanks for the font idea! I was looking for a long time yesterday between different fonts. I also fix the bolding for the bachelor of science. Still kept the bachelor of science instead of arts just for the wording.
(03-13-2021, 07:13 AM)maxxor6868 Wrote: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I have made the changes thanks for the font idea! I was looking for a long time yesterday between different fonts. I also fix the bolding for the bachelor of science. Still kept the bachelor of science instead of arts just for the wording.

Look great!
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Typically software development and software engineering are 2 different things. There's a LOT of math and science in engineering programs. Most colleges don't have your major listed on the degree. They usually just say the name of the degree. I'm not sure why so many people on here get hung up on that. I'm really curious why it bothers people so much.
(03-13-2021, 10:09 AM)LevelUP Wrote:

Look great!

Thanks!

(03-13-2021, 11:53 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Typically software development and software engineering are 2 different things. There's a LOT of math and science in engineering programs. Most colleges don't have your major listed on the degree. They usually just say the name of the degree. I'm not sure why so many people on here get hung up on that. I'm really curious why it bothers people so much.
Because we work hard for the degree to not even list it on the paper is almost an insult. It's like buying a mustang and the pony isn't on there. Yes you know it's a mustang but it's nice to have the little detail. Also the graudation cost is $298 they can do what I want if I am paying that much. Also software engineering is actually regarded by many as computer science

(03-13-2021, 02:55 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 10:09 AM)LevelUP Wrote:

Look great!

Thanks!

(03-13-2021, 11:53 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Typically software development and software engineering are 2 different things. There's a LOT of math and science in engineering programs. Most colleges don't have your major listed on the degree. They usually just say the name of the degree. I'm not sure why so many people on here get hung up on that. I'm really curious why it bothers people so much.
Because we work hard for the degree to not even list it on the paper is almost an insult. It's like buying a mustang and the pony isn't on there. Yes you know it's a mustang but it's nice to have the little detail. Also the graudation cost is $298 they can do what I want if I am paying that much. Also software engineering is actually regarded by many as computer science

I understand they aren't always the same but by many colleges they won't offer both because the material for classes is usually the same

I was speaking in general terms of people being upset that the diploma doesn't list out their full major. The degree is what's listed on the diploma not the major. People on here seem to get hung up on that. I haven't seen this outside of this forum. Many schools charge a graduation fee and many don't. It's not like TESU is the only one to charge a grad fee. TESU charges for every little thing and I find their fees to be high. That's one reason I wasn't interested in TESU. Computer Science majors at B&M schools typically have a lot of math and science to get their degree. I'm married to someone who has a comp sci degree. Cal 1-3, diff eq, chem 1&2, physics 1,2,3&4. I can't imagine trying to do those courses online. The labs would making me nuts.  
(03-13-2021, 03:15 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

I was speaking in general terms of people being upset that the diploma doesn't list out their full major. The degree is what's listed on the diploma not the major. People on here seem to get hung up on that. I haven't seen this outside of this forum. Many schools charge a graduation fee and many don't. It's not like TESU is the only one to charge a grad fee. TESU charges for every little thing and I find their fees to be high. That's one reason I wasn't interested in TESU. Computer Science majors at B&M schools typically have a lot of math and science to get their degree. I'm married to someone who has a comp sci degree. Cal 1-3, diff eq, chem 1&2, physics 1,2,3&4. I can't imagine trying to do those courses online. The labs would making me nuts.  
That's fair. All of those classes are why some cs degrees are abet accredited though in all honestly alot of those classes are useless and not helpful to the major at all. Physics and some calculus and maybe diff eq but that's stretching it a bit and only for certain industries like the gaming industry. Chem is useless imao for the 99.99% of day to day software engineers. Honestly as someone who has taken most of those classes not taking wouldn't make me feel different about the degree. I do agree some people get a little two angry on the forum but like you said with all the high fees why not care what you are paying. Tesu does charge a lot for there fees but honestly there isn't as many fees as a traditional college. My favorite was my community college they didn't charge anything not a dime and honestly it looks much better than my tesu diploma but the tesu one is still a solid diploma
Wait wait wait…. First…. It is not proper to list a major on a diploma. So off the bat, it looks fake.
Second, wouldn’t that basically be a counterfeit because you messed around with it? Those officials did not sign your mocked up version. If it is just for fun, that’s one thing, but if you hang that up on a wall, educated people are likely to see it as a counterfeit.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • FastTrackDegree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch