Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Better TESU Diploma
(07-26-2021, 09:50 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Wait wait wait…. First…. It is not proper to list a major on a diploma.  So off the bat, it looks fake.
Second, wouldn’t that basically be a counterfeit because you messed around with it?  Those officials did not sign your mocked up version.  If it is just for fun, that’s one thing, but if you hang that up on a wall, educated people are likely to see it as a counterfeit.

Some schools do list your major on your diploma. TESU doesn't. UMPI's diplomas list out all kinds of things....
-degree
-minors (3 in my case)
-Latin Honors

There's a lot on that piece of paper from them. It looks kind of cluttered. 

I don't know why anyone would spend the time altering their diploma. You work hard for it so show it off as is. Your degree really is a bachelor of arts or a bachelor of science not a bachelor of art in communication. Communication was the major not the degree. I think this is where people get confused.
(03-12-2021, 09:48 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote: Thank you everyone in this forum. Today was my graduation at TESU and seeing my immigrant parents cry as their son was the first person in the family to complete college was such an awesome sight.

Congrats on your graduation!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(07-26-2021, 10:27 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 09:50 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Wait wait wait…. First…. It is not proper to list a major on a diploma.  So off the bat, it looks fake.
Second, wouldn’t that basically be a counterfeit because you messed around with it?  Those officials did not sign your mocked up version.  If it is just for fun, that’s one thing, but if you hang that up on a wall, educated people are likely to see it as a counterfeit.

Some schools do list your major on your diploma. TESU doesn't. UMPI's diplomas list out all kinds of things....
-degree
-minors (3 in my case)
-Latin Honors

I don't know why anyone would spend the time altering their diploma. You work hard for it so show it off as is. Your degree really is a bachelor of arts or a bachelor of science not a bachelor of art in communication. Communication was the major not the degree. I think this is where people get confused.

Most schools do not.  I’ve seen it more common for maybe Business Administration, but not really in general.  if UMPI does, they are an exception.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(07-26-2021, 11:40 AM)Vle045 Wrote:

-degree
-minors (3 in my case)
-Latin Honors

Most schools do not.  I’ve seen it more common for maybe Business Administration, but not really in general.  if UMPI does, they are an exception.

Thus I said some. I also said how cluttered it is with all of that info on the paper. There is a bachelor of business administration and a master of business of business administration. Those are the actual degree names.
(07-26-2021, 12:01 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

-degree
-minors (3 in my case)
-Latin Honors

Thus I said some. I also said how cluttered it is with all of that info on the paper. There is a bachelor of business administration and a master of business of business administration. Those are the actual degree names.

Exactly.  All this complaining about majors not printed on a diploma is like complaining about your Stallion because it doesn’t have a horn like a unicorn.

And if you want to know how to turn your horse into a unicorn, here is a tutorial. (OMG - is she serious about this???). https://youtu.be/V8Vwk_wSAKM
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

-degree
-minors (3 in my case)
-Latin Honors

Interesting, both of my diplomas (Alabama and WGU) do list my major.  

In the more general sense of the thread, this is a very, very bad idea.  If someone sees this and checks, and finds out that TESU does not, and never has offered this supposed degree, you will look like an outright fraud, not someone who got photoshop-happy.  You will not be given the benefit of the doubt, this is an amazing example of a time-bomb that is entirely self-created since you actually do have a perfectly legitimate degree!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Courcelles's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-26-2021, 01:47 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Exactly.  All this complaining about majors not printed on a diploma is like complaining about your Stallion because it doesn’t have a horn like a unicorn.

And if you want to know how to turn your horse into a unicorn, here is a tutorial.  (OMG - is she serious about this???). https://youtu.be/V8Vwk_wSAKM

Eh I'd be impressed if she turned a horse into a pegasus.
LOL, I think OP just did this for "fun" while waiting for the real deal to come through the mail... It's just for show, not for usage in the real world.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • maxxor6868, Vle045
(07-27-2021, 12:28 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: LOL, I think OP just did this for "fun" while waiting for the real deal to come through the mail... It's just for show, not for usage in the real world.

I hope that is the case.  Otherwise it’s a really bad idea.  Kind of like my 5th grade teacher who used to put his face on dollar bills and famous people and then pass them out to the class.   Dodgy
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

[-] The following 2 users Like Vle045's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, ss20ts
(07-27-2021, 07:19 AM)Vle045 Wrote:
(07-27-2021, 12:28 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: LOL, I think OP just did this for "fun" while waiting for the real deal to come through the mail... It's just for show, not for usage in the real world.

I hope that is the case.  Otherwise it’s a really bad idea.  Kind of like my 5th grade teacher who used to put his face on dollar bills and famous people and then pass them out to the class.   Dodgy

Yeah, I do not understand what the big deal is I just put it on my wall at home until I got the real thing as it took months for the real thing to come in and I had to get another copy because of the USPS mess it up. I highly doubt it will affect anyone or bother anyone for a piece of paper for my wall at home to say what I want to say. Honestly, if someone were to be really bothered by it they should use that energy for other things. Also if you are wondering yes I list the plain old name on my resume this was a personal project just for fun. Smile

It was completely for fun and it sat on my wall at my place for a while but that was it.

(07-26-2021, 02:16 PM)Courcelles Wrote:

-degree
-minors (3 in my case)
-Latin Honors

Interesting, both of my diplomas (Alabama and WGU) do list my major.  

In the more general sense of the thread, this is a very, very bad idea.  If someone sees this and checks, and finds out that TESU does not, and never has offered this supposed degree, you will look like an outright fraud, not someone who got photoshop-happy.  You will not be given the benefit of the doubt, this is an amazing example of a time-bomb that is entirely self-created since you actually do have a perfectly legitimate degree!

It was for fun.....no one would see it other than me lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 269 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch