Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Clep Hater
Deny44 Wrote:Help

Just signed up today...never taken a test or used Instantcert...don't know how this works. Does the flash cards reflect the test? or is the test the typical multipal choice answers?

Thanks
Welcome! The flashcards are used as another source to study...use other sources as well. You can buy the REA books on amazon. You can also use Petersons Practice Test...they are usually similar to the real exam. Click on testing and education on the left, then CLEP prep and the exam you want a practice test for...you'll need to make a username and password but it's free...CLEPs are all multiple choice...which test are you taking first? Good luck...you can PM if you have more questions.
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
purpleteen Wrote:Lol...okay I got it Smile
by the way, what is a B&M school? I'm assuming bachelors and masters in 1 college? I never heard of that?

Sorry! "B&M" is used so often on this forum that I just assumed you would know! When I first was on this forum I had a hard time trying to decipher all the acronyms. I am still coming across acronyms that I cannot figure out. It would be great if there was a sticky thread that listed all the commonly used acronyms for the new people.
LaceyLady Wrote:Sorry! "B&M" is used so often on this forum that I just assumed you would know! When I first was on this forum I had a hard time trying to decipher all the acronyms. I am still coming across acronyms that I cannot figure out. It would be great if there was a sticky thread that listed all the commonly used acronyms for the new people.

Here's a thread that should help:

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...board.html
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
NAP Wrote:Here's a thread that should help:

Not to go off topic but thanks NAP! I have been looking for this thread and haven't been able to find it. You just saved me a lot of time looking for it!!!
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
I've always enjoyed the haters. They usually feel very strongly on the subject which makes them all kinds of fun to wind up. :willynilly:

Get your degree however you like. In the end it's each person's choice. Just don't jump on me for deciding how I want to do it.

Edit: Rest of post deleted - I found myself hating on the haters. Not going to bring myself down to that level. Tongue
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
Chebasaz Wrote:I've always enjoyed the haters. They usually feel very strongly on the subject which makes them all kinds of fun to wind up. :willynilly:

I'm on-board with the "I need to attend classes to really learn" reason. Hey, everyone's different and some people just need that. That's perfectly understandable and a legitimate reason. It's the suffering for its own sake that I can't stand. Just because you took the long route and put yourself massively in debt does not automatically elevate your degree above mine.

The real kicker is that most employers seem to agree...

I agree. I'm a senior with 85 credits and I've taken 2 B&M classes, 1 tv class, and the rest have been online (mainly because my husband is in the military and we move a lot and taking courses online means I can stick with the same school no matter where we go). Of my 2 B&M classes one was soooo boring (history) and most of what I learned I did on my own by reading the text. The other class (political science) I paid $90 for a book that we never opened once, we only took 1 test and I learned NOTHING in that class!

I just can't pay attention to someone sitting there talking, I prefer to read for myself at my own pace, I feel like I learn better that way. If I have any questions, I try to figure it out on my own or I e-mail the instructor.

But a lot of the time, employers don't even know how you took your classes unless you transcripts specifically state "online". Plus, the degree is just one aspect, they are looking at a whole package: your experience, awards, personality, goals, etc. Another factor is "who you know". Anyway, I'm like you, I don't have the time, patience, or attention span to sit in a class and wait forever to get my degree. I wish I would have known more and had the confidence to do CLEP/ DSST sooner, I would have had my degree years ago.
DSST
Technical Writing - 60
Here’s To Your Health - 435
Principles of Supervision - 441
Introduction to Computing - 463
Human Resource Management - 67
Personal Finance - 460
Organizational Behavior - 69
Ethics in America - 447
Principles of Statistics - 424!!
Introduction to Business - 443
Astronomy - 59

CLEP
Principles of Management - 64
Principles of Marketing - 65
Principles of Macroeconomics - 55
Principles of Microeconomics - 60
NAP Wrote:Here's a thread that should help:

Thanks...so it says B&M stands for brick and mortar college...what is that?
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
Chebasaz Wrote:I've always enjoyed the haters. They usually feel very strongly on the subject which makes them all kinds of fun to wind up. :willynilly:

Get your degree however you like. In the end it's each person's choice. Just don't jump on me for deciding how I want to do it.

Edit: Rest of post deleted - I found myself hating on the haters. Not going to bring myself down to that level. Tongue

Haha didn't edit fast enough Smile
purpleteen Wrote:Thanks...so it says B&M stands for brick and mortar college...what is that?

A "traditional" college where you go in to a brick and mortar building and take classes.
MA2 Wrote:Haha didn't edit fast enough Smile

Lol, obviously not. Ah well, I tried :o
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  “Can I Make An Entire College Degree Out Of CLEP Credits?” jmeitrem 9 2,602 02-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Is there a time limit when completing your clep test? Clarebugg 12 3,900 12-19-2016, 02:30 AM
Last Post: desireelws50
  Organizing my CLEP stuff jmeitrem 7 1,578 06-08-2016, 08:04 AM
Last Post: alzee
  Harvard Extension accepts ACE and CLEP rebel100 7 2,329 06-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Imagine if he had known about CLEP..... rebel100 18 2,331 06-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Missing CLEP tests ryoder 4 972 11-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Last Post: LaceyLady
  CLEP or DSST? Publius 12 1,573 10-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Last Post: LaceyLady
  How do you know about CLEP? sgloer 79 13,249 09-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Last Post: submissiongrappler
  I'm giving a speech today about CLEP Bibby 3 1,133 07-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Bibby
  FYI for PMPs - CLEP/DSSTs that count as Cert PDUs lwmcc 1 1,069 12-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Last Post: julianclmb1