Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A special tribute to my testing center
Dear TC,
I don’t know why I am thinking of you, maybe it’s the insomnia talking, the anxious anticipation I feel as I wait for an evaluation from TESC or if I should just lay off the caffeine. But I haven’t ever taken the time to appreciate you like I should.
When talking about you I refer to you as *my* testing center, there are others in my local area but you are the one I’m drawn to and feel I have a special bond with. You have been there for me thru thick and thin (literally my weight has fluctuated 10lbs since this process started Wink) and I owe much of my success to you. On my list of supporters you are right behind my family and instantcert. Right before your eyes, I have gone from a shy, insecure, *kindergartener* on my first day of school to 13 exams later, an upperclassman who can drive themselves school.
Your appt making process is convenient and you offer 5 appts per day 5 days a week. You were the first ones to congratulate me on passing my first exam and every exam since. When the computer crash of 09 happened to me mid-test (EKKK!), you handle the technical difficulty with ease. Even though it added an extra forty-five minutes of me having to be silent in the testing room without any form of entertainment.
Thank you testing center for all that you do! I tell everyone I know locally who’s interested in clep/dsst to use you over all the other centers. It’s my way of giving back a little of what you have given me.

P.S. If your newbie and are worried that you don’t have what it takes, you do! It’s takes good study skills, determination and support (which can most definitely can be found here), don’t put it off any longer just dive right in the water is warm!
Love this!!! Thanks for posting. Yes, I feel the same way about "my" testing center. So funny because they could probably care less, but I have genuinely fond memories of the center and even the staff I would see on a regular basis.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Too cute and creative!

It reminds me of this post that I like to share:

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...story.html

I think I'll have to add yours to my list!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
NAP Wrote:Too cute and creative!

It reminds me of this post that I like to share:

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...story.html

I think I'll have to add yours to my list!

Thanks for sharing! Clepaholic love it! I'm adding that to my vocabulary.

And so true about that people who could most likely care less, except for the tiny effect I have on securing their paycheck. It makes me revaluate my interactions with the people I work with, who knows maybe I have a bigger impact on them than I realize.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just testing my new signature... zapproximator 28 4,662 01-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bmoyer83
  CompTIA (A+, Net+, Sec+ etc) to start offering online testing (via ProctorU) jsd 1 2,446 03-31-2017, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 25BangBang
  DSST Test center open on Sundays in Maryland subhuman 0 1,084 09-24-2016, 05:18 PM
Last Post: subhuman
  Saturday Test Center in MD? subhuman 1 1,035 03-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: a4tunatemom
  Call Center Opinions? videogamesrock 10 1,735 02-26-2016, 02:16 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Mom Hospitalized - Had to Suspend Plans Testing For Now... SuZQ2 3 896 11-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  14yr old testing college courses? BELLA 9 1,629 07-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  How did you learn about testing out of your degree? Empyrean24 36 5,624 03-25-2015, 06:28 PM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  Your favorte quick/easy dinners for busy testing times? OpenRoot 9 1,446 01-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  Freaking out! My testing center didn't send my professor my final! Kaz 2 1,104 05-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kaz