Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAS at Pierpont Vs WVNCC (or other WV CC's)
dfrecore Wrote:One additional benefit not mentioned - WGU, for instance, will take a block transfer of your Gen Ed's (about 30cr) with a AA/AS/AAS. So, if you already had the credits to get an AAS from one of these schools, but didn't have all of your Gen Ed's completed for the WGU degree, then this would be a cheap, fast and easy way to bypass the requirement.

If you get a BOG AAS with a concentration in MIS or CIS (whichever they offer) they might even block transfer some of the IT credits. Similarly, an AAS in Business from one of these schools may block transfer some Business credits.

Truthfully, I can't tell. WGU doesn't have an active partnership with Pierpont or WVNCC, so it may not transfer anything beyond Gen Eds properly.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
Thorne Wrote:If you get a BOG AAS with a concentration in MIS or CIS (whichever they offer) they might even block transfer some of the IT credits. Similarly, an AAS in Business from one of these schools may block transfer some Business credits.

Truthfully, I can't tell. WGU doesn't have an active partnership with Pierpont or WVNCC, so it may not transfer anything beyond Gen Eds properly.

WGU won't block transfer business or IT courses - but if you take a course that satisfies their requirements, they'll bring it in.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I guess you will have to be a Montgomery the Lion from Pierpont Community & Technical College. :hurray:

jayorjon Wrote:If they do not waive this anymore I guess I can still get it from Pierpont, but damn I wanted to be a Thunder Chicken!
thanks,
Jon
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

There's also Blue Ridge CTC. I think they have a better CLEP acceptance policy. Also Pierpont has been painfully slow to evaluate transcripts.

Life Long Learning Wrote:I guess you will have to be a Montgomery the Lion from Pierpont Community & Technical College. :hurray:
jayorjon Wrote:Well dang, in searching for an answer for this I came across what may be a deal breaker for me.

"Students must not hold a degree from an accredited institution nor be enrolled simultaneously in another degree program."

I am of course enrolled in a CC program, and already registered for fall.

So it looks like this may not work out for me.

Thanks,
Jon
So you wait until you stop going to your CC to transfer... Or drop your fall courses and go full time into alternative credit for your bachelor's. Then apply for the BOG AAS. No problem.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(07-09-2017, 09:27 PM)JamesIE Wrote: There's also Blue Ridge CTC. I think they have a better CLEP acceptance policy. Also Pierpont has been painfully slow to evaluate transcripts.

Life Long Learning Wrote:I guess you will have to be a Montgomery the Lion from Pierpont Community & Technical College. :hurray:

Does Blue Ridge CTC waive the 15 resident credits?
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • LxJxG
Got the following from WVNCC today, so they may be confused about the 15 credits required to be taken at the school:

Hello!

I’ve gotten your program changed in our system to Board of Governors (it may take a short while for all records, including the Northern Navigator tool I talk about below, to update but the change has been made). If you meet all requirements for the program, you would not be required to take credits at WVNCC in order to be issued the Board of Governors degree, but we must have all your transcripts and sources of transfer credits on file in order to properly evaluate your progress. You’ll be able to see this progress through your Northern Navigator, accessible through your student portal.

Using the login information provided in your acceptance letter, you’ll need to access your student portal. From your portal’s “Academics” tab, select the NOW Access button, then select Student, then Student Records, then Northern Navigator. The requirements for your program should appear and as your transfer credit arrives and is evaluated, it will show up on this tool as checkboxes next to the requirements you’ve already completed.

If there are any missing requirements, our counselors can assist you with registering for anything you still need in order to graduate. Since you’re a distance education student, you’d need to work with our counselor <snip>
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • Life Long Learning

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 327 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 149 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 10 349 03-25-2024, 08:37 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 547 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 2 544 03-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: JohnJ2024
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 814 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,459 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,203 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions - Pierpont Apply Now? Chimera 8 881 02-22-2024, 01:49 AM
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 17 2,216 02-20-2024, 02:25 PM