Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
ACCEPTED into Georgia Tech's OMS Cybersecurity!
(05-16-2020, 10:55 PM)jsd Wrote: Finally updated the Omni Transcript to include last term, but it's getting to the point where the transcript needs a complete redesign to accommodate all the random credits I have. A problem mostly only us folks on the forum will ever have.

A week into the new term, I'm enjoying my one summer course so far and like that it is finally relevant to my program, and also challenging. Won't be coasting to an easy A like digital marketing or the other more management focused courses like 6501, but I will actually learn a lot. As I've said before, business programs may be easy as hell and take no effort, but they're so boring and dull as hell that they're hard to get through. A challenge is good, even if it ends up dinging my GPA.

Summer 2020 course:
CS-8803 Security Operations & Incident Response
How many more courses do you have left? I remeber when you first started lol
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

If all goes as planned, this is what I'm looking at (including my current summer term):

Summer 2020
CS 8803 Security Operations & Incident Response

Fall 2020
PUBP 6502 Information and Communications Technology Policy
INTA 6742 Modeling, Simulation and Military Gaming.

Spring 20201
CS 6266 Information Security Practicum (5cr )

but things change and courses constantly seem to get cancelled in this first cohort, so who knows
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • MrBossmanJr
(05-16-2020, 11:08 PM)jsd Wrote: If all goes as planned, this is what I'm looking at (including my current summer term):

Summer 2020
CS 8803 Security Operations & Incident Response

Fall 2020
PUBP 6502 Information and Communications Technology Policy
INTA 6742 Modeling, Simulation and Military Gaming.

Spring 20201
CS 6266 Information Security Practicum (5cr )

but things change and courses constantly seem to get cancelled in this first cohort, so who knows
So close hopefully it all goes well.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • jsd
I haven't been posting around the forum lately and probably will continue to be MIA, but I just wanted pop in and say my summer term is complete and I ended CS 8803 Security Operations & Incident Response with another A.

The course was great, I have no complaints. Learned a lot, the projects were interesting, and the instructors ran a great class.

I have a couple weeks of a break before the Fall term where I'll be taking PUBP 6502 Information and Communications Technology Policy  and  INTA 6742 Modeling, Simulation and Military Gaming.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

[-] The following 3 users Like jsd's post:
  • ChilliDawg, Merlin, MNomadic
I just finished my MSCSIA at WGU. I am now considering this program at Georgia Tech. It is VERY appealing to me. I have been a graduate of the MSCSIA program for a total of two weeks, and am already bored. Taking my CHFI exam this weekend, and the CISSP coming up. Then, I will have nothing to do in the fall, and will be looking for something. This may fit the bill.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

Is the CHFI no longer required as part of the MSCSIA program?

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

(08-04-2020, 02:27 PM)jsd Wrote: Is the CHFI no longer required as part of the MSCSIA program?

No, it is not.  They replaced it with a WGU exam like the other exams.  However, they gave me a free voucher to take my CHFI, if I so choose.  No longer a requirement.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

nice

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

(08-03-2020, 10:27 PM)jsd Wrote: I haven't been posting around the forum lately and probably will continue to be MIA, but I just wanted pop in and say my summer term is complete and I ended CS 8803 Security Operations & Incident Response with another A.

The course was great, I have no complaints. Learned a lot, the projects were interesting, and the instructors ran a great class.

I have a couple weeks of a break before the Fall term where I'll be taking PUBP 6502 Information and Communications Technology Policy  and  INTA 6742 Modeling, Simulation and Military Gaming.

Thanks for the update jsd! Because of your suggestion, I will wait until Incident Response is offered again to take it as one of my elective classes. I was going to take a programming intensive class this semester, but Incident Response seems to be a better fit for me. Hope all is well with you and you should be graduating very soon. Makes me jealous since I probably have another 2 years with the 1 class per semester route.
(08-31-2020, 07:36 PM)gqbao01 Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 10:27 PM)jsd Wrote: I haven't been posting around the forum lately and probably will continue to be MIA, but I just wanted pop in and say my summer term is complete and I ended CS 8803 Security Operations & Incident Response with another A.

Thanks for the update jsd! Because of your suggestion, I will wait until Incident Response is offered again to take it as one of my elective classes. I was going to take a programming intensive class this semester, but Incident Response seems to be a better fit for me. Hope all is well with you and you should be graduating very soon. Makes me jealous since I probably have another 2 years with the 1 class per semester route.
Hi all, I am thinking of applying to this master (online) and after the info session of last week we were informed about 15-20h of study are needed per week and per course to complete the Master. I am a fully time worker, so it should be really hard to be like this for 3 years. Could you please tell us about your experience?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Illinois Tech MBA Vle045 8 2,358 03-08-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
Question I would like to know if anyone knows Tech University? Yefren 16 1,713 11-28-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: datby98
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,271 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,633 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  WGU Master Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Imbanewbie 17 3,396 05-10-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Master of Public Administration and MBA, University of North Georgia JPN 6 946 03-15-2023, 12:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Technical Tech University Jerry123 6 1,176 03-15-2023, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  UoPeople Degrees accepted for University of London MSc Computer Science & more? JPN 2 1,257 02-07-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: debrag
  LSUS MBA VS La Tech MBA gator1873 13 2,803 02-05-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TECH Universidad Technologica Popestt 30 7,811 01-24-2023, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Eliablive