Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
ACCEPTED into Georgia Tech's OMS Cybersecurity!
<<ut if it were possible (it isn't), I'd rather figure out a way to do a non-trad graduate psych (or soc Big Grin ) degree for fun on my employer's dime, since that is my first love, would be way more interesting, and all my career tech stuff is more easily kept up with outside of academia. But that, as opposed to an MBA IT Management degree, would certainly be of no use to my employer at this stage Smile>>

Makes me think you would be good at being a hacker profiler for the FBI Wink
If you're watching, FBI, i'm open to the idea Wink
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • cookderosa, martialartist
(11-09-2019, 01:21 PM)jsd Wrote: If you're watching, FBI, i'm open to the idea Wink

Either them or some other non-existent agency ;-)
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 2 users Like quigongene's post:
  • jsd, martialartist
I have just been accepted into the Policy track. Any recommendations on classes to take or classes to avoid?
(11-19-2019, 01:16 AM)Dgwrigh58 Wrote: I have just been accepted into the Policy track.  Any recommendations on classes to take or classes to avoid?

Congratulations and good luck!
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
Sorry, I missed this question the other night. Congrats!

Start with CS6501 and PUBP6725. 6725 is a breeze, 6035 can be a little tricky if you don't have any coding experience.

GT is still struggling to get enough policy courses out. they cancelled another one for next term (they did this last term too). So I would say avoid 6501 because it's incredibly dull and disorganized, but you won't have much choice if they don't start pumping out courses soon.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

(11-20-2019, 11:43 PM)jsd Wrote: Sorry, I missed this question the other night. Congrats!

Start with CS6501 and PUBP6725. 6725 is a breeze, 6035 can be a little tricky if you don't have any coding experience.

GT is still struggling to get enough policy courses out. they cancelled another one for next term (they did this last term too). So I would say avoid 6501 because it's incredibly dull and disorganized, but you won't have much choice if they don't start pumping out courses soon.

just registered to get into the discussion. Thank you for creating this thread, it is very useful.
I have been accepted to the InfoSec track, but from what I hear about required programming skills, I am thinking of transferring to the Policy track.

But I really enjoy technical stuff rather than management/policy stuff. At the same time, I don't want to drop out at a later point due to weak programming skills. 
My question is, do you regret or had second thoughts about moving to the Policy track? How would you compare the two?
The policy track is still a bit of a disorganized mess right now. They just cancelled another spring course that "wasn't ready" yet. So they're basically having us sub in a course from the OMS Analytics track. It's pretty frustrating.

So really I've only taken two policy courses so far. 6725 which is easy, and 6501 which is more of a management class and boring as hell. It's hard to judge the whole program on those two, but looking at the anticipated course options, i think things are unfortunately going to be more like 6501 in the long run.

I don't regret the switch though, because i don't honestly think I'd have made it out of the IS track without a CS background. I would suggest taking 6035 Intro to IS (which all tracks need) and see how you feel about your technical skills. that's supposed to be the "easiest" of the technical courses.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

(11-29-2019, 02:10 PM)jsd Wrote: The policy track is still a bit of a disorganized mess right now. They just cancelled another spring course that "wasn't ready" yet.  So they're basically having us sub in a course from the OMS Analytics track. It's pretty frustrating.

So really I've only taken two policy courses so far. 6725 which is easy, and 6501 which is more of a management class and boring as hell. It's hard to judge the whole program on those two, but looking at the anticipated course options, i think things are unfortunately going to be more like 6501 in the long run.

I don't regret the switch though, because i don't honestly think I'd have made it out of the IS track without a CS background. I would suggest taking 6035 Intro to IS (which all tracks need) and see how you feel about your technical skills. that's supposed to be the "easiest" of the technical courses.

Thanks for the reply. I was planning to do the switch before starting the program so the path will be clear. I think I am going to do it. Hope policy path will be structured soon  Angel
I made it out of CS6035 a live with a strong A. I am thinking about transferring to the Policy Track as well but will wait until the summer time to do so. I want to take both the PUBP 6501 and PUBP6725 first to see if I will like it or not. Hopefully they will create more courses by next year so that people like you and I will not have to wait. If they continue to cancel courses, will that impact you graduating at a later time since you haven't taken all the required courses yet?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Illinois Tech MBA Vle045 8 2,361 03-08-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
Question I would like to know if anyone knows Tech University? Yefren 16 1,714 11-28-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: datby98
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,276 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,635 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  WGU Master Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Imbanewbie 17 3,410 05-10-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Master of Public Administration and MBA, University of North Georgia JPN 6 946 03-15-2023, 12:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Technical Tech University Jerry123 6 1,176 03-15-2023, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  UoPeople Degrees accepted for University of London MSc Computer Science & more? JPN 2 1,258 02-07-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: debrag
  LSUS MBA VS La Tech MBA gator1873 13 2,809 02-05-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TECH Universidad Technologica Popestt 30 7,815 01-24-2023, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Eliablive