Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ACCEPTED into Georgia Tech's OMS Cybersecurity!
i'll have some more feedback soon but i'm biting my tongue as i both wait for my 6501 grade, and as i grade 6725 papers... Big Grin
In Progress: MS Cybersecurity, Georgia Tech (12/32cr), 2021?
BS IT Security, Western Governors University, 2018
BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, 2016
AA Sociology, Chaffey College, 2015

View all of my earned credits on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • cookderosa
Ended up with an A in 6501, Information Policy and Management.

It was a very frustrating course, very thrown-together. We had a big final project, and I guess I did well since I got an A in the course, but we were never given a grade or feedback on the project.

I complained here early on in the course that it was just a boring business course with little or nothing to do with cybersecurity/policy, and it didn't get better from there. It really is just a class about business knowledge-management and nothing else.

Grading the final papers in 6725 was hectic. Tons of students in that class, and we only had a week to do the grading. With these folks being at the grad level, I am surprised at how terrible some of them were. But there were certainly lots of really great papers too. It looks like they'll be asking me back as a TA next term, and I'll likely accept.

I'll be taking two classes next term. One of the two that I was going to take was cancelled last moment, and since I've already taken all the other courses available for the policy course, they said I could take one of two course options from the OMS Analytics program (not sure why they didn't just offer something from one of the other two non-policy OMNS Cybersecurity tracks?) -- either Digital Marketing or Business Fundamentals for Analytics. The last thing I want is another business course right now, so I went with Digital Marketing. Another class that has nothing to do with cybersecurity or policy... This is an interesting degree program  Rolleyes

The other course is "Privacy for Professionals."

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • MrBossmanJr
Almost forgot! Omni Transcript has been updated

My 4th term is under way, and I see a familiar (digital) face from the forums in the class I TA....  Big Grin

[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • alab21, mysonx3
(01-08-2020, 11:42 PM)jsd Wrote: My 4th term is under way, and I see a familiar (digital) face from the forums in the class I TA....  Big Grin

Interesting, I wonder who it is! I am feeling your frustrating now with PUBP 6501. I see what you mean by, it is just a business management class and nothing to do with Cyber Security. So I am still contemplating if I should stick with the IS track or move forward and go to the Policy track. Wish me luck, those quizzes in 6501 is stressful.
Unfortunately that class doesn't get better. When infosec is mentioned, it's surface level and outdated. I can't believe they offered it again this term, I didn't talk to a single student from the first term that didn't agree that it needed a major overhaul.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU Cybersecurity Scholarship. ChilliDawg 3 282 12-09-2019, 08:18 AM
Last Post: ChilliDawg
  TESU - New Master’s Degree in Cybersecurity jsd 11 684 10-18-2019, 07:26 PM
Last Post: jsd
  ACCEPTED into Missouri State university MBA Cyber Security Imbanewbie 21 1,328 07-12-2019, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Accepted - University of Oklahoma - MS in Finance Online ThatBankDude 7 591 05-23-2019, 04:40 PM
Last Post: ThatBankDude
  Got accepted in upenn online mcit with my tesu bachelor posabsolute 15 7,680 04-29-2019, 08:21 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  Doctor of Science in Cybersecurity from Marymount johnw 3 591 04-03-2019, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  WGU vs Georgia Tech jcmechem 7 1,009 03-09-2019, 12:11 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Data Analytics, Cybersecurity, or Accounting sanantone 14 1,157 02-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Georgia Tech Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity durain 18 2,045 11-02-2018, 03:28 PM
Last Post: jsd
  West Texas A&M ACE/Study.com not accepted for Masters work Gloddy 14 1,219 10-01-2018, 02:39 AM
Last Post: NolaRice