Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ACE Credit Registry Change? Transcripts Services Ending
(11-25-2020, 03:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I think they're going to have to continue sending them until all of the issues with old courses not being able to be added is fixed.  I can't imagine they're going to say "sorry, everything you earned prior to 2020 is gone."  That just doesn't make sense.

Not only does it not make sense, it would also, I suspect, delegitimise the whole concept of ACE credits. If there's a sentiment that the credits can simply 'disappear' with little notice, why would anyone want to spend too much time earning ACE credits? One of the risks with NCCRS credits is they're held by the provider - that provider goes under, and your credits go under too. ACE feels a lot more assured simply because there's a reliable agency at the core.

I think we need to just hold tight and let them organise this. Changeovers are hard, and the scope is always much wider, and problems more complex, than predicted.
(11-25-2020, 04:40 PM)innen_oda Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 03:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I think they're going to have to continue sending them until all of the issues with old courses not being able to be added is fixed.  I can't imagine they're going to say "sorry, everything you earned prior to 2020 is gone."  That just doesn't make sense.

Not only does it not make sense, it would also, I suspect, delegitimise the whole concept of ACE credits. If there's a sentiment that the credits can simply 'disappear' with little notice, why would anyone want to spend too much time earning ACE credits? One of the risks with NCCRS credits is they're held by the provider - that provider goes under, and your credits go under too. ACE feels a lot more assured simply because there's a reliable agency at the core.

I think we need to just hold tight and let them organise this. Changeovers are hard, and the scope is always much wider, and problems more complex, than predicted.

You know, I don't think it was planned well at all.  I could have predicted ALL of the problems they're having.

It would have been smarter to do this any number of ways:

A) Beta test this with a small number of people and a few partner schools before opening it up;

B) have a cutoff date and send 2 transcripts (1 ACE with pre-10/1/2020 courses, and 1 Acclaim with post-10/1/2020 badges) until everything got worked out;

C) work with a single course provider to get EVERYTHING to Acclaim for ALL of their credits to all of their students (I'm thinking Sophia just because they're a bit newer and have fewer courses)

I'm sure there are other options, but in just looking at my own ACE account, I could see the issues before they even started happening.  Whoever was in charge of this project at ACE was not the best person for the job, probably doesn't have ACE credits from multiple providers over multiple days, and may not even truly understand how ACE transcripts work in the first place.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
(11-25-2020, 04:52 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You know, I don't think it was planned well at all.  I could have predicted ALL of the problems they're having.

A) Beta test this with a small number of people and a few partner schools before opening it up;

B) have a cutoff date and send 2 transcripts (1 ACE with pre-10/1/2020 courses, and 1 Acclaim with post-10/1/2020 badges) until everything got worked out;

C) work with a single course provider to get EVERYTHING to Acclaim for ALL of their credits to all of their students (I'm thinking Sophia just because they're a bit newer and have fewer courses)

I'm sure there are other options, but in just looking at my own ACE account, I could see the issues before they even started happening.  Whoever was in charge of this project at ACE was not the best person for the job, probably doesn't have ACE credits from multiple providers over multiple days, and may not even truly understand how ACE transcripts work in the first place.

Perhaps, and I won't try to tell you how to feel.

But having been on the other side of project management and change leadership, I've been on the receiving end of many individuals who confidently announce (after the fact, natch) that they could've created a smoother transition, would've known all the problems encountered well beforehand, and could have done it sooner, better and cheaper.

If you're looking from the outside and thinking 'this is SO obvious, why didn't they predict/prepare for/know this beforehand?!', there's one of two probable reasons:
- the people behind the scenes don't know what they're doing and are a bit useless
- the people on the outside don't know the full scope of what's going on, and aren't privy to the various little details that need to be agreed upon and settled by 20 different parties who all want different things

I tend to assume the latter, barring overtly egregious incompetency.

Again, not telling you how to feel about this. From a user perspective, this sucks.
But I do know how complex these transitions can be when you're dealing with multiple stakeholders and a budget and timeframe that is never ever anywhere nearly sufficient for the goal you're trying to reach.

I'm prepared to wait for real, proper bungling before I get my hackles up.
(11-25-2020, 05:07 PM)innen_oda Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 04:52 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You know, I don't think it was planned well at all.  I could have predicted ALL of the problems they're having.

But having been on the other side of project management and change leadership, I've been on the receiving end of many  individuals who confidently announce (after the fact, natch) that they could've created a smoother transition, would've known all the problems encountered well beforehand, and could have done it sooner, better and cheaper.

If you're looking from the outside and thinking 'this is SO obvious, why didn't they predict/prepare for/know this beforehand?!', there's one of two probable reasons:
- the people behind the scenes don't know what they're doing and are a bit useless
- the people on the outside don't know the full scope of what's going on, and aren't privy to the various little details that need to be agreed upon and settled by 20 different parties who all want different things

Again, not telling you how to feel about this. From a user perspective, this sucks.
But I do know how complex these transitions can be when you're dealing with multiple stakeholders and a budget and timeframe that is never ever anywhere nearly sufficient for the goal you're trying to reach.

Ummm...so they went ahead and launched this without working out the glitches.  That makes almost no sense.  When you're not certain what you're dealing with, you don't launch.  At least, I wouldn't.  I've managed a large project before.  I would never have launched in this fashion.  But that's just me.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
So is it just me or is ALEKS back on the table for math stuff:

https://www.youracclaim.com/organizations/aleks/badges

They have pretty much every subject on there. Hoping to knock out some of math credits via ACE.
(11-26-2020, 09:22 AM)echo64 Wrote: So is it just me or is ALEKS back on the table for math stuff:

https://www.youracclaim.com/organizations/aleks/badges

They have pretty much every subject on there. Hoping to knock out some of math credits via ACE.

Looks like it, yup! Check https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/ALEKS for restrictions and TESU equivalencies.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-25-2020, 09:40 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 05:07 PM)innen_oda Wrote:

But having been on the other side of project management and change leadership, I've been on the receiving end of many  individuals who confidently announce (after the fact, natch) that they could've created a smoother transition, would've known all the problems encountered well beforehand, and could have done it sooner, better and cheaper.

Ummm...so they went ahead and launched this without working out the glitches.  That makes almost no sense.  When you're not certain what you're dealing with, you don't launch.  At least, I wouldn't.  I've managed a large project before.  I would never have launched in this fashion.  But that's just me.
There is a disconnect between the various alternative credit courses providers and ACE and various colleges. 

With ACE being the in-between interfacing agency. Without which the work cannot be translated into something recognized by the colleges.

The problem is either one is unaware of the other, in fact TEEX for example, doesn't even know how each of their courses transfers, and also TESU often replies with an ACE link in regards to TEEX courses, if the middle brick ir removed, just like the top stone in an arch holding all the pressure, all the rest of the bricks fall. And this is really what we are witnessing here. But I believe it should be the job of alternative course providers, in their own interest, to see how to bridge the lack of ability to send credits. But in the end their job is not to facilitate the process, their job is to provide courses, but it would be nice if ACE and Acclaim had been more organized in this transition.
Has anyone requested an ACE transcript in the last week?  Did they estimate the length of time before sending the transcript?  Since it's an electronic copy, it shouldn't take too long but if ACE is sending each transcript manually, they could be back-logged.

Thanks.
(11-29-2020, 06:54 PM)any4yeardegree Wrote: Has anyone requested an ACE transcript in the last week?  Did they estimate the length of time before sending the transcript?  Since it's an electronic copy, it shouldn't take too long but if ACE is sending each transcript manually, they could be back-logged.

Thanks.

My daughter requested hers on 11/18 and TESU marked it as received on 11/24.

I just checked my previous ACE Transcript, it was viewed the same day.
However, my academic records were only updated at TESU a week later.

11/12/2020
Transcript Type: Credit
Send To: Thomas Edison State University, Office of the Registrar
transcripts@tesu.edu
Shipping Method: Electronic Delivery (1 hour)
Viewed by Recipient
By: no user found
Date: 11/12/2020
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,033 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 549 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 702 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 844 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  conflicting info about TADA ending date any4yeardegree 12 911 09-20-2023, 11:36 AM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,828 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,549 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TADA credit NapoleonInRags 16 1,931 05-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com and Sophia Partner College Transcripts? acamp 17 1,866 02-12-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Credit Recommended Professional Cook Certification lumina 5 1,038 01-26-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: bellbaby