Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ACE Credit Registry Change? Transcripts Services Ending
Found this on the ACE website today. They have hinted about doing this in the past. Anybody know what it means?

Beginning November 2020, CREDIT transcripts will be provided through Credly’s Acclaim platform. The last day to add a course and seek provider approval in the current system is October 31,2020. After that date, requests for badges should be directed to your training provider. The last day to order a transcript, for a fee, in this system is November 30, 2020. After that date, all transcripts will be issued through Acclaim for free.
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

[-] The following 2 users Like GizmoJack's post:
  • collegechick, nomaduser
"The last day to order a transcript, for a fee, in this system is November 30, 2020. After that date, all transcripts will be issued through Acclaim for free." this is cool... so you won't be charged $15 for ordering their transcript?
They said awhile ago they were going to be going to digital transcripts - FINALLY! Maybe this what they're doing?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • nomaduser
So strange nobody is talking about this. The whole Acclaim credly site is pretty devoid of anything, I put in sophia for example and have one course you can accept a "badge" from but nothing else. I've been googling around but there's no way to say add classes from straighterline or any of the other ACE providers.
Yeah, this was talked about for a while now in a few threads. It's nothing new and the process hasn't started yet. Anyways, you've only read the first portion on top of this page: https://www.acenet.edu/Programs-Services...ripts.aspx There is an additional portion at the middle-bottom, it explains how this works under "Ace Working Transcripts".
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ISKBizz15
(10-13-2020, 11:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah, this was talked about for a while now in a few threads.  It's nothing new and the process hasn't started yet.  Anyways, you've only read the first portion on top of this page:  https://www.acenet.edu/Programs-Services...ripts.aspx  There is an additional portion at the middle-bottom, it explains how this works under "Ace Working Transcripts".

The important part is they've now set the cutoff to October 31st for the old system, here's the new banner on the Ace login page:

Beginning November 2020, CREDIT transcripts will be provided through Credly’s Acclaim platform. The last day to add a course and seek provider approval in the current system is October 31,2020. After that date, requests for badges should be directed to your training provider. The last day to order a transcript, for a fee, in this system is November 30, 2020. After that date, all transcripts will be issued through Acclaim for free.

And looks like I was wrong, Straigtherline is already on there. So I guess the new procedure to add to an ACE transcript is to finish a course say on Straigtherline and then Straigtherline will give you a link/etc. that will then add a badge to your Acclaim transcript?
Am I the only one a bit concerned about how sending schools a transcript from Credly/Acclaim is gonna work out? I kinda wonder how many schools (especially outside the Big 3) are going to accept ACE credit once this transition occurs. Nov. 30th isn't far away, and with how "fast" universities are known to adapt to new things. Confused
(10-17-2020, 06:57 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote: Am I the only one a bit concerned about how sending schools a transcript from Credly/Acclaim is gonna work out? I kinda wonder how many schools (especially outside the Big 3) are going to accept ACE credit once this transition occurs. Nov. 30th isn't far away, and with how "fast" universities are known to adapt to new things. Confused
I'm concerned about it too, like how will it work? Will I have to individually share all my ACE credits now instead of just sending a transcript with everything on it? It wouldn't be a big deal if it was just a couple credits from a couple organizations but like many here, I have around a hundred ACE credits from almost a dozen different organizations.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I also have concerns about the whole situation. Especially with Pierpont and how they are refusing to accept NCCRS courses that aren't "on an ACE transcript". And Acclaim just doesn't look anywhere near as professional as ACE.

Also, how long is it going to take for the credit providers to actually make the switch over to Acclaim?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • kt320
Many badges are already there (you need to create an account to see them).

https://www.youracclaim.com/organization...com/badges
https://www.youracclaim.com/organization...ine/badges
https://www.youracclaim.com/organization...arn/badges

Sophia has currently just one :-(
https://www.youracclaim.com/organization...ing/badges

Many big companies and universities are issuing badges too.
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 947 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 500 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 676 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 822 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  conflicting info about TADA ending date any4yeardegree 12 886 09-20-2023, 11:36 AM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,785 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,518 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TADA credit NapoleonInRags 16 1,879 05-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com and Sophia Partner College Transcripts? acamp 17 1,820 02-12-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Credit Recommended Professional Cook Certification lumina 5 1,022 01-26-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: bellbaby