Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE Credits to Official School Transcript
If I enroll in TESU or another college will they place my transfer approved- Ace credit courses on an official school transcript?
What's the best way to get my courses on an official school transcript quickly?
retire2018 Wrote:If I enroll in TESU or another college will they place my transfer approved- Ace credit courses on an official school transcript?
What's the best way to get my courses on an official school transcript quickly?

If you are just looking to "Bank" you credits quickly then you are looking for something like Individual Learning Account .
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Okay, so I have a question. I took and passed the April strategic management TECEP. I have also just finished the BSBA business core. I have two areas of study to complete and I could finish that as early as the end of the summer. I would like to take additional coursework beyond that just to get it added to the transcript. Would there be any advantage in waiting to graduate until a later graduation date so that I can have a longer window to complete additional add-in courses or does TESU add credits after graduation?
eriehiker Wrote:Okay, so I have a question. I took and passed the April strategic management TECEP. I have also just finished the BSBA business core. I have two areas of study to complete and I could finish that as early as the end of the summer. I would like to take additional coursework beyond that just to get it added to the transcript. Would there be any advantage in waiting to graduate until a later graduation date so that I can have a longer window to complete additional add-in courses or does TESU add credits after graduation?

I have no idea if TESU will still act as a Credit Bank, I transferred in 133 credits in all and they did add the extra 13 credits so I basically got a free 13 credits added to an all in one transcript. Someone else will have to chime in as to if TESU will continue banking more credits I think you would have to be enrolled into a second degree or something.

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
Synicaal Wrote:I have no idea if TESU will still act as a Credit Bank, I transferred in 133 credits in all and they did add the extra 13 credits so I basically got a free 13 credits added to an all in one transcript. Someone else will have to chime in as to if TESU will continue banking more credits I think you would have to be enrolled into a second degree or something.
That's exactly the thing to do. I declared for an ASNSM before I graduated, thinking I might try earn it together with my BACS. I didn't, but having it on my record has kept me an enrolled student for a year beyond graduation during which time I could have added courses.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I don't think they call it credit banking per se but you can continue to send in transcripts and anything that doesn't apply to your degree shows up in the "other" category. I had a few classes that did not apply to my degree that got bumped down to this area of the transcript. They don't count for anything exactly but will show up on your final transcript as completed. It helps if your grad school requires it, even if the degree at TESU doesn't. For example, I didn't need stats for the BALS degree but its a requirement for a lot of education grad programs. So it doesn't hurt to have it on the transcript. I suppose you could wait to send your transcript in all at once - including the classes you need plus the extra classes. I don't know if there is a limit at some point but I know of at least one person who graduated with close to 200 credits on their transcript (although why you would chose that option doesn't seem practical). I think in their case they had credits from years and years that didn't fit into any one program and they switched majors halfway through.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
Thank you so much Synicaal.

The TESU / Individual Learning Account is exactly what I need.
An official transcript from an accredited school that will display all of my transferable - ACE approved college credits.
The problem with the Individual Learning Account is that it's expensive. $300 if you have <60cr, and $400 if you have more. It's much cheaper to just apply ($75) and then stay enrolled. You get the benefit of locking in your catalog, and they do the same thing once you're an enrolled student.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:The problem with the Individual Learning Account is that it's expensive. $300 if you have <60cr, and $400 if you have more. It's much cheaper to just apply ($75) and then stay enrolled. You get the benefit of locking in your catalog, and they do the same thing once you're an enrolled student.

I agree with this too, but if the OP just wants a transcript then I guess the ILA is the way to go. I would too enroll and just stay until I could complete a degree but everyone is different or maybe the OP doesn't want to get a degree and just wants to be able to show credits.

Synicaal Wrote:I agree with this too, but if the OP just wants a transcript then I guess the ILA is the way to go. I would too enroll and just stay until I could complete a degree but everyone is different or maybe the OP doesn't want to get a degree and just wants to be able to show credits.

I guess I'm not understanding this. If they enroll, and send their transcripts, then can't they just get an official transcript from TESU without going through the credit bank?

I received one recently doing this.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico bjcheung77 13 1,464 49 minutes ago
Last Post: Kab
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,608 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,721 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 295 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 585 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 197 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,194 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 473 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az