Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE Student of the Year Nominations Open
You have until December 15th to nominate someone or nominate yourself for the ACE Student of the Year. This includes a scholarship as well! 

https://americancounciloned.formstack.co...nomination

I won the 2020. So it is possible!
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • jch, MNomadic
Online learning and degree hacking often means a lack of academic relationships. Because I've bounced around so many providers and institutions, I'm not particularly well known to anyone at any school. I seem like a perfect candidate for this award and scholarship; I've earned hundreds of ACE credits which I transferred to TESU. Yet I have no clue who I'd ask to write a letter of support. There isn't any professor or staff member who knows me well enough.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
I feel the same. A letter of support kind of disqualifies those who would actually be the most qualified.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
The 2 winners from last year weren't about how many credits they completed.
I wasn't saying it's about how many credits you've completed. But it would be nice if they didn't discriminate against students who aren't in traditional classes. After all, it's "ACE student of the year", not "random student of the year".
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-03-2021, 11:53 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I wasn't saying it's about how many credits you've completed. But it would be nice if they didn't discriminate against students who aren't in traditional classes. After all, it's "ACE student of the year", not "random student of the year".

I didn't say anything about you. I don't see how they're discriminating against student who aren't in traditional classes. You can get a letter from an employer: 

Nominees for the award are asked to submit a 300-500 word essay and a letter of support from a faculty member, academic advisor, or employer.
Hmm... Is it an option to write the essay and then have a supervisor or manager write a short letter to support that? I mean it shouldn't take too much of their time to write two or three paragraphs or at least write two or three sentences to support you, they don't really need to know you as a person, but your KPI, work ethic, etc...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I wrote an essay myself and asked for a letter of support from my CEO.

I won.

It doesn't discriminate. They don't care how many credits you have, just that you had some. They highlighted mine because I did a lot more than normal.
[-] The following 4 users Like ashkir's post:
  • jch, Pikachu, ss20ts, withrown
They've extended the deadline until January 14th 

Although I've only known her for a few months, my internship supervisor wrote an excellent statement of support for me.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024!!! LevelUP 2 432 01-01-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Happy Holidays and New Year 2022! bjcheung77 7 985 12-25-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Biden Administration's Student Loan Debt Plan Masterthread ashkir 47 4,603 04-20-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.Com student or teacher login? acamp 6 765 03-29-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: acamp
  HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!!! LevelUP 3 1,980 01-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  ACE 2022 Student of The Year ashkir 0 611 12-19-2022, 06:26 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Student Loan Forgiveness Application is Live ashkir 0 5,302 10-14-2022, 10:25 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  National Transfer Student Week Alpha 0 455 10-05-2022, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Another step toward open access Alpha 2 1,016 09-13-2022, 09:16 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Student discounts (valid for multiple countries) rachel83az 3 742 07-29-2022, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Stacie