Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE Transcripts and ACP
If a course is listed both under the ACPE and the course provider's own name, is there an advantage either way to which version you select for your ACE transcript? All my old SL courses are on my ACE as SL, but I just finished another SL course that's also on ACPE and was curious what others here are doing. Hope I didn't miss a thread that covered this already.
COMPELTED
CLEP: Calculus (75), Precalculus (71), Info Sys and Comp Apps (78), College Mathematics (63), College Algebra (65).
SL: Calc I, Calc II, C++, Intro to Religion, Intro to Business, Business Ethics, Prin of Mgmt, Bus. Law, A&P I, A&P II
Study.com: Principles of Marketing, Microbiology
edX: Intro to Dif. Eq., Linear Dif. Eq.
UND Ind. Study: Discrete Math
APU/AMU: Linear Algebra, Mathmatical Modeling
TECEP: Nutrition
B&M: Far too many!
I think others have added both.

Some schools specifically accept ACP, but aren't familiar with the individual providers, so it that case it's better under the ACP name.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
If you have them both on there, does this ever create confusion over duplication of courses?
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
For sure 100% add them both ways.

There are enough examples of a course being accepted under ACP that isn't accepted directly from a participant, that you want to be SURE to get the credit in the form you'll need.
a2jc4life Wrote:If you have them both on there, does this ever create confusion over duplication of courses?

I don't think the duplicate will matter much for most people's needs.

I ended up adding both and TESU marked one as duplicate. TESU marks all ACE courses as coming form the same source on your eval (TESU-ACE) regardless of whether they come through ACE or are straight from the source (like SL) so I don't know which one they marked duplicate (not that it matters). The only trouble (for my tastes at least) is that it makes the eval and unofficial transcripts a bit untidy by adding unnecessary lines.

They mark the courses as duplicate and "ruled ineligible", so if these do end up on the official transcript later, it may/may not require some clarification if you have employers/school admissions who are combing over the transcripts. It may/may not come across as unusual that you repeated a course that was P/F when you already passed the first one. I'm not worried because my transcripts are a nightmare anyhow given I have 5 schools and a ton of ACE credits. Most employers don't look at transcripts and grad schools are varying degrees of picky about ACE to begin with anyhow.
COMPELTED
CLEP: Calculus (75), Precalculus (71), Info Sys and Comp Apps (78), College Mathematics (63), College Algebra (65).
SL: Calc I, Calc II, C++, Intro to Religion, Intro to Business, Business Ethics, Prin of Mgmt, Bus. Law, A&P I, A&P II
Study.com: Principles of Marketing, Microbiology
edX: Intro to Dif. Eq., Linear Dif. Eq.
UND Ind. Study: Discrete Math
APU/AMU: Linear Algebra, Mathmatical Modeling
TECEP: Nutrition
B&M: Far too many!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com and Sophia Partner College Transcripts? acamp 17 1,886 02-12-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Will Sophia automatically send transcripts to Excelsior? browniebo 2 734 08-24-2022, 09:05 AM
Last Post: browniebo
  ACE Credit Registry Change? Transcripts Services Ending GizmoJack 437 59,589 04-13-2022, 01:17 PM
Last Post: ARhead
  onlinedegree.com transcripts not showing up? studyingfortests 6 1,014 10-31-2021, 06:59 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Dropping a course and final transcripts Lossforwords 2 760 04-03-2021, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Dorothy44
  Requesting Transcripts from Study.com daharamu 2 1,048 02-07-2021, 12:59 AM
Last Post: daharamu
  Question for folks with Sophia courses missing from Acclaim transcripts ctcarl 33 4,124 01-27-2021, 11:16 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  New Study.com transcripts have a number grade on them jsh1138 3 1,196 12-02-2020, 12:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How To: Sophia.org Transcripts bjcheung77 13 6,948 10-03-2020, 08:32 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sending Study.com Transcripts on a Paused Account natshar 5 1,447 07-18-2019, 05:42 AM
Last Post: cookderosa