Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE acceptance for SL's - ACC-151 - Financial accounting expiring soon!
FYI -

If anyone is interested in taking ACC-151 - Financial Accounting (not to be confused with ACC-101 Accounting I) via SL, so far it seems ACE will not be extending their approval.

It will expire on 1/31/16... maybe that will change, maybe not, but in case you need it for your degree... hurry up and get it done.

I just finished the proctor exam today, so just a friendly heads up!
DESM

24 to go

CC (2012)
World Religions - A, Speech Communication - B, Intro to Sociology - A

CLEPS (August-September 2015)
Introductory Psychology - 64, Spanish Language - 80, Western Civilization I - 58, Western Civilization II - 57, Principles of Macroeconomics - 54, Principles of Microeconomics - 52, Principles of Marketing - 59, Principles of Management - 52, Information Systems - 64

DSST (September-October 2015)
Ethics in America - 462, Principles of Supervision - 422

ECE (September-October 2015)
Organizational Behavior - A, Human Resource Management - B

PF (October)
Financial Mngmt - 96

SL (October-November 2015)
Eng Comp 1 & 2 - 80, Acct 1 & 2 - 86, Bus Comm - 82, Bus Stats - 83, Biology - 74, American Govt - 83, Business Law - 84

Sophia (December 2015)
Project Management - 89

Aleks (December 2015)
Intermediate & College Algebra

Kaplan (December 2015)
PLA - Learning Recognition

American Institutes (December 2015)
Ethics & CPCU
Thanks for the tip!

Big groans though - I've got a LOT of work ahead of me this month! :/
Completed since 10/30/15:
Saylor: Principles of Marketing | Principles of Management
Free: Kaplan PLA | Cybersecurity for Everyone | Cybersecurity for Business | CPCU Ethics
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra | College Algebra | Pre-Calculus | Intro to Stats |
Straighterline: Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Religion | Accounting I | Microeconomics
Next up: TECEP Psychology of Women
Wonder why ACE will not renew their certification of the course. It seems to me if ACE has a problem with one Straighterline's courses, then that might cause ripples with the others.
dseminario1 Wrote:FYI -

If anyone is interested in taking ACC-151 - Financial Accounting (not to be confused with ACC-101 Accounting I) via SL, so far it seems ACE will not be extending their approval.

It will expire on 1/31/16... maybe that will change, maybe not, but in case you need it for your degree... hurry up and get it done.

I just finished the proctor exam today, so just a friendly heads up!

Far as I can tell, ACE let's the expiration dates in their online database linger, even after having re-evaluated courses. I'd still knock it out as quickly as possible if you need it, but when I've asked about courses before they told me the extension was done and updated in their system, and would be done in the database when possible. It's why they were doing one-month extensions in the database back in the spring/summer, those could be don by a lower-level person, while the longer extensions required a more convoluted process.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
Because version 1 of this course is expiring, does it guarantee that a version 2 will be out 2/1/16?
We just discussed this on a thread about Sophia yesterday: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...-stop.html

Obviously there is no guarantee, but you can contact SL and see what they say.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:We just discussed this on a thread about Sophia yesterday: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...-stop.html

Obviously there is no guarantee, but you can contact SL and see what they say.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1650[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1650[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1650[/ATTACH]

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">Screenshot_2016-01-29-19-07-07.jpg (Size: 8 KB / Downloads: 0)
For what it's worth - I just called SL and they told me that this course never lost it's ACE credit recommendation. Apparently, there needs to be a date for exp in the system, but ACE reviews and renews well in advance of this date. I triple-checked w/SL on this, bc I plan to take it next week. I was assured all is well.

Drew
Also, this is what the ACEnet website had for this course:

Financial Accounting (ACC151)

Select the date range in which the course/exam was completed: 12/1/15 - 11/30/18

Credit Type: Course
ACE Course Number: 0045
Organization: StraighterLine
Length: Self-paced, 14 weeks (75 hours)
Dates Offered: 12/1/2015 - 11/30/2018
Objective: The course objective is to introduce the student to the accounting framework, concepts and tools that support the communication, and development of accounting information and economic decision making.
Learning Outcome: Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to prepare, understand, and analyze the four basic financial statements; define and apply the basic accounting equation; understand the steps and process of the accounting as well as the year end closing cycle; record debits and credits, and account for receivables; make merchandising transactions and value inventory; explain and use the principles of the accrual and deferred methods of accounting; understand the practice of cash accounting and internal controls; and understand and handle long-term assets and liabilities and apply the concepts of the time value of money.
Instruction: This is a self-paced, distance-delivered course. Methods of instruction include audiovisual materials, computer-based training, lecture, and practical exercises. General course topics include financial accounting in the business environment; using, preparing, and analyzing financial statements; analyzing and recording transactions and adjustments in the accounting cycle; using the cash, accrual, and deferral methods of accounting; accounting for merchandising operations; inventory costing, valuation, and management; accounting for accounts and notes receivable; risk, cash management, and internal controls; reporting for long-term assets, current liabilities, and long-term notes payable; and accounting for bonds and the time value of money.
Assessment: Methods of assessment include quizzes and examinations with a minimum passing score of 70 percent.
Credit Recommendation: In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in accounting (12/15).

Just called ACE - they confirmed it is still ACE approved.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,566 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Acceptance for online master's for WES Canada Petrikor 29 7,346 01-25-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: ecdw94
  Google IT Support Professional Certificate - ACE expiring soon? lumina 12 1,498 03-03-2023, 07:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI---Financial aid??? midnite123 4 682 01-15-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Financial Aid Conspiracy Alpha 5 1,122 10-07-2022, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  1 More Year to Use Financial Aid for Foreign Online Programs sanantone 1 576 06-15-2022, 08:22 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Financial aid for on-line study in England? Pelican 7 907 06-15-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  How to Secure Last-Minute Financial Aid for College LevelUP 2 502 04-23-2022, 11:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  5 Questions to Answer When Creating a Positive Online Presence for College Acceptance LevelUP 0 417 03-19-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Tutor Your Way to a College Acceptance LevelUP 0 473 03-10-2022, 08:35 AM
Last Post: LevelUP