Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE credit Renewal
I am curious about a study.com course, Business 309: Digital Marketing and Advertising, which has an end date of 08/31/20 on the ACE credit registry. I emailed TESU when I was designing my degree plan to ask what this would transfer in as (to compare to their partner page on study). It’s accurate that it counts as MAR-441, but they also let me know that it expires on 08/31. I would really like to include this in my AOS for BSBA because I have taken a lot of non-credit courses on this subject matter and I believe I could fly through it. But I don’t want to take it at this time if it won’t count towards my goal. Do these courses usually update on the registry? Is there a way to know if it will renew? Thanks in advance for any information!
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt - In progress
Straighterline - 72 credits
Sophia - 35 credits
Study.com - 21 credits
TEEX - 6 credits
East MS CC, Jackson State CC, Univ of TN at Martin, Olivet Nazarene, TESU - 27 credits
Goal: teaching cert, state of GA
I think you'd be good if you have it finished before 08/31/2020, preferable already on your ACE account too. Most courses are renewed anyway.
(05-04-2020, 12:41 PM)jcooke Wrote: Do these courses usually update on the registry? Is there a way to know if it will renew? Thanks in advance for any information!
Let me see.  You want someone to tell you that ACE will approve the course before ACE approves the course?  And you would believe them?  Why not just finish the course in May and have 3 months to spare?
(05-04-2020, 12:46 PM)Old Guy Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 12:41 PM)jcooke Wrote: Do these courses usually update on the registry? Is there a way to know if it will renew? Thanks in advance for any information!
Let me see.  You want someone to tell you that ACE will approve the course before ACE approves the course?  And you would believe them?  Why not just finish the course in May and have 3 months to spare?
Moreso wanting personal accounts of what has happened in the past to judge what might happen here. There are some seasoned folks around here who I am sure have been in similar situations.
Sophia - 35 credits
Study.com - 21 credits
TEEX - 6 credits
East MS CC, Jackson State CC, Univ of TN at Martin, Olivet Nazarene, TESU - 27 credits
I don't see how it matters. If you complete the course before it expires you fine. Once the course is expired it doesn't mean a school won't take it and it doesn't mean your credit isn't still good. All that expired means is that new students who don't finish the course until after it expires (assuming it doesn't get renewed) won't get credit. And based on what you said you will have it finished well before August so you have nothing to worry about.
(05-04-2020, 01:32 PM)natshar Wrote: I don't see how it matters. If you complete the course before it expires you fine. Once the course is expired it doesn't mean a school won't take it and it doesn't mean your credit isn't still good. All that expired means is that new students who don't finish the course until after it expires (assuming it doesn't get renewed) won't get credit. And based on what you said you will have it finished well before August so you have nothing to worry about.
Thank you! The way that it was worded in my email with TESU made it seem like I should totally scrap the idea of taking it/as if it wouldn’t be valid after 08/31 at all regardless of when I took it. I hope that by August I’m just working on the two required courses at TESU and wrapping this degree up.
Sophia - 35 credits
Study.com - 21 credits
TEEX - 6 credits
(05-04-2020, 01:36 PM)jcooke Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 01:32 PM)natshar Wrote: I don't see how it matters. If you complete the course before it expires you fine. Once the course is expired it doesn't mean a school won't take it and it doesn't mean your credit isn't still good. All that expired means is that new students who don't finish the course until after it expires (assuming it doesn't get renewed) won't get credit. And based on what you said you will have it finished well before August so you have nothing to worry about.
Thank you! The way that it was worded in my email with TESU made it seem like I should totally scrap the idea of taking it/as if it wouldn’t be valid after 08/31 at all regardless of when I took it. I hope that by August I’m just working on the two required courses at TESU and wrapping this degree up.

Nope, as long as you take a course when it was ACE-recommended, and get it on your ACE transcript, you're fine.  Course providers regularly get rid of courses, or add new ones, or change courses, and so courses come and go regularly.  But once you complete it during the "approved" time period, you're fine.

TESU always puts that caveat, BTW.  They don't want to "approve" a course, and then have you take it after it expires, and then have to try to explain why they won't take it any longer.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 456 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,076 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 572 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 711 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 854 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,843 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,565 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TADA credit NapoleonInRags 16 1,990 05-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ACE Credit Recommended Professional Cook Certification lumina 5 1,042 01-26-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: bellbaby
  Online Self-Paced Certified Personal Trainer course ($19.99/month) worth 3 ACE credit MNomadic 1 947 01-07-2023, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Kab