Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE not needed to send Study.com Transcripts to TESU
Hello,

If this is common knowledge and or if it has been posted before, I apologize. I missed it.

I recently completed a course that is not available through ACE but is through NCCRS. While trying to figure out how to get the credit to TESU, I realized for study.com courses, you can skip this step. They will send your credits directly to TESU for you.

Hope some find this helpful.
Gloddy

From the site.

How Do I Send a Transcript to Thomas Edison State University (TESU)?
Modified on: Fri, 29 Dec, 2017 at 1:55 PM

Thomas Edison State University accepts transcripts directly from Study.com; no need to request transcripts from ACE or NCCRS.

To request your Study.com transcript, please fill out this form.

Then the Study.com registrar office will send your transcripts straight to the TESU Registrar's office, free of charge.

If you have any questions, please email support@study.com.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gloddy's post:
  • leland.kirk, teacher2
Gloddy, I think that is a fairly recent development and though it has been brought up here, it would be easy for folks to miss, so bringing it up is a good thing.

Something else to consider. I have completed 5 Study.com courses. Intro To Entrepreneurship is ACE-recommended for 2 credits. Sent thru Study.com recently, TESU gave me 3 credits for it in my GM AOS. I figure when sent direct from Study, TESU goes by NCCRS. I just sent my ACE transcript in (TESU just received it a couple of days ago) and will see if it gets knocked down to 2.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
[-] The following 3 users Like StoicJ's post:
  • Gloddy, slmartin, Yenisei
I THINK (but am not 100%) that Study.com recently said that TESU will NOT take a Study.com ACE-recommended course transcript directly, although obviously they will take NCCRS since that's the only way to send those over.

I would say that if you take a Study.com course that's NCCRS only, or ACE and NCCRS, go ahead and send the transcript. For those that are ACE only, send them through ACE.

If Study.com wants to correct me, please feel free!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
It's also never a bad idea to have the courses added to ACE if they are ACE recommend, even if sending them direct to TESU. It's kind of a backup plan in case something gets missed or maybe you decide to switch schools.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 3 users Like rlw74's post:
  • High_Order1, jsd, teacher2
Hi all!

As was mentioned previously, Thomas Edison State University accepts transcripts directly from Study.com; no need to request transcripts from ACE or NCCRS.

To request your Study.com transcript, please fill out the form - https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/b90253...bd813935c1.

Then the Study.com registrar office will send your transcripts straight to the TESU Registrar's office, free of charge.

Thank you!

Best,
The Study.com Team
[-] The following 7 users Like Study.com's post:
  • jsd, leland.kirk, MooSaysCow, nashpond, StoicJ, teacher2, Yenisei
(02-15-2018, 12:43 PM)Study.com Wrote: Hi all!

As was mentioned previously, Thomas Edison State University accepts transcripts directly from Study.com; no need to request transcripts from ACE or NCCRS.

To request your Study.com transcript, please fill out the form - https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/b90253...bd813935c1.

Thank you!

Best,
The Study.com Team

Hi Study.com,

I used the form twice.  The first time the transcripts went very quickly and arrived at TESU on 3/2.  The second time I tried was early April.  They didn't seem to go.  I tried again and was told they were sent on Friday April 20th, but they are still not at TESU.

It would be helpful if we received a confirmation email from study.com stating the request was received and processed with a time frame of when we should expect them to arrive at TESU, not evaluated, but received. I thought they were going electronically, but I believe I read on here somewhere they are going via regular postal mail.

I am hoping to graduate in September 2018.  I am waiting for 7 courses (21 credits) to show up and be evaluated.  I have 2 more courses (6 credits) that I have completed but haven't asked to have sent yet. I was thinking doing it once a month is best, so I would request this in early may.  Not sure if this is correct or not. 

Any thoughts or guidance is appreciated.
Gloddy
TESU BSBA in Finance (9/14/2018) - Thanks to this Community!
Professional Designations: CIMA®, CFP®, ChFC®
Professional Registrations: FINRA Series 7, 63 & 65

Still Need:
N/A

Completed Courses: Study.com ENG104, POS102, BUS109, COM101, HIS103, NUT101, ENG105, BUS108, COMP102, HIS108, HIS106, PSY103, HIS104, STA101, LAW201, ACC101, ACC102, FIN101, COM120, BUS101, BUS102, BUS308, ECO101, BUS113; ALEKS College Algebra

B&M Schools
: Penn State (93’), Bucks County CC (94’-95’), LaSalle Univ. (02’-03’), The American College of Financial Services (16'-17'), TESU (18')
I made a thread about this maybe a month ago but its important to realize that you still need to add your Study.com stuff to ACE anyway, since you might want to send them to someplace besides TESU one day
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(04-25-2018, 10:27 AM)Gloddy Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 12:43 PM)Study.com Wrote: Hi all!

Thank you!

Best,
The Study.com Team

Hi Study.com,

I used the form twice.  The first time the transcripts went very quickly and arrived at TESU on 3/2.  The second time I tried was early April.  They didn't seem to go.  I tried again and was told they were sent on Friday April 20th, but they are still not at TESU.

It would be helpful if we received a confirmation email from study.com stating the request was received and processed with a time frame of when we should expect them to arrive at TESU, not evaluated, but received. I thought they were going electronically, but I believe I read on here somewhere they are going via regular postal mail.

I am hoping to graduate in September 2018.  I am waiting for 7 courses (21 credits) to show up and be evaluated.  I have 2 more courses (6 credits) that I have completed but haven't asked to have sent yet. I was thinking doing it once a month is best, so I would request this in early may.  Not sure if this is correct or not. 

Any thoughts or guidance is appreciated.
Gloddy

I'm having the same issue here. I sent in my ACE transcript to TESU and was told I needed to have a transcript sent directly from Study.com, so I requested one. I don't know if they just ignored my request or they are having issues with their system but I never received notification it was sent and TESU never received it. I requested a transcript a second time. Same thing. I have contacted TESU regarding Study.com not sending out transcripts and I'm hoping they will just use the ACE transcripts because once my transcript is received I'm done with my degree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjb84's post:
  • Gloddy
(05-09-2018, 04:09 PM)pjb84 Wrote: I'm having the same issue here. I sent in my ACE transcript to TESU and was told I needed to have a transcript sent directly from Study.com, so I requested one. I don't know if they just ignored my request or they are having issues with their system but I never received notification it was sent and TESU never received it. I requested a transcript a second time. Same thing. I have contacted TESU regarding Study.com not sending out transcripts and I'm hoping they will just use the ACE transcripts because once my transcript is received I'm done with my degree.

It's being sent. It goes through physical, paper, snail mail. I send transcripts through the study.com site portal and check the little box to get emailed responses, but never get them either. Within two and a half weeks or so, I've noticed, it either just shows up on your TESU evaluation, or you get a TESU email saying they got the transcript which means add another few days at least.
When I thought my transcript had not been sent, I found that it was sent with just my first and last name. My TESU account had my first name, middle initial, and last name, so they created a separate holding account for it because the names "didn't match." I had someone research it for me and they found the transcript and moved it to my main account and closed the second account.  Perhaps that happened here too.
TESU BA June 2018.
Various business certificates still to do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,278 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,469 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,604 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 276 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 966 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 277 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue