Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-Proctored SL, SDC, Sophia, Saylor courses?
(10-28-2019, 12:28 AM)Leslie2828 Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 12:51 PM)I don’t mind being proctored for Clep And biometric. I also don’t mind the in person proctoring if it’s going to be outside my home..dod you say TESU requires proctoring for capstone forliberal arts capstone? lacussucceed Wrote: Yes, shadowgem is right: a degree without proctoring is impossible (capstone at TESU has a proctored midterm exam) and pointless (value of the degree), best is to try it and get used to it.

I am okay with proctoring for these circumstance

- clep
- Sophia biometric
- in person proctoring
- locker browser

- anything with a webcams or someone monitoring you inside your house, I’m sorry but I just don’t feel safe and my anxiety may just get worse.

Having that said, do I have a lot of options and can an entire CLEP be used to cover most units for a TESU degree so I can just take a capstone or the mandatory literacy course?

You have options, but you will be much more limited in course selections. Your biggest challenge will be locating enough UL credits that will actually work for your degree plan AOS/Concentration. I've listed what I could think of that may work or at least get your started below.

You do have the option to request in person proctoring for online courses at TESU. You will need to locate a school and/or library that will be willing to serve as a proctor and you may be limited to a pen and paper format for your exam(s).

ALL CLEPS are LL and proctoring is done in person. 

There are a few UL DSST exams options (Substance Abuse, History of Soviet Union, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, and Money and Banking) that could work for your degree plan. These are also administered in person.

Saylor Academy allows you to make arrangements for in person proctoring. They offer many LL credits, but only offer two courses that are recommended for UL credit (Project Management and Operations Management) but I am not sure those would work for a Liberal Studies AOS UL requirements.

Another option for UL credits would be UExcel Exams which range in price from $110 to $300 + the cost of proctoring at Pearson Vue Test Center.

Aleks uses the locked down browser. You can use them for up to 9 LL math courses. College Algebra, Trigonometry and Statistics.

Sophia offers biometric proctoring. I do not think that TESU will transfer any of there courses over as UL. COSC does bring in the Project Management course as UL.

CSMLearn uses biometric proctoring, You can use them to complete your quantitative literacy requirement.

All of the TEEX Paid Forensic/Free Cybersecurity courses do not require a webcam. I think you can earn 23-24 credits from there and most should work somewhere in your degree plan between your general ed/free electives/AOS. The Death Investigations course for $75 that I think will come in as 3 UL and may work for Liberal Studies AOS UL. Their Basic Property Technician and Fingerprint Comparison courses will each transfer as 3 LL credits and may work for the Liberal Studies AOS as well. 

You can complete your English I and English II via Straighterline which does not require a proctor. I would suggest using the w/professor option for consistent grading since these courses requires many papers. Or the easiest option would be the CLEP Modular + DSST Advanced or CLEP with Essay.
(10-27-2019, 12:00 PM)Leslie2828 Wrote: I can do do the Sophia because it feels safe. I just don’t like anyone monitoring

Why do lab courses don’t have proctoring? Are they harder and not transferable or cost more?

No, it's because they don't have final exams. Labs require you to fill out lab reports and upload photos of you doing the labs.

(10-28-2019, 02:32 AM)lacussucceed Wrote: LABS might be the exception.
You can have a local in person proctor with Saylor, that might be an option for you.
You could do the whole rpnow/proctoru exam outside your house. Some libraries offer workplaces, your office could be used, there are many options.

Unfortunately, Saylor has or is doing away with the in-person option and has moved to just web proctoring.
You can have a local in person proctor with Saylor, that might be an option for you.
You could do the whole rpnow/proctoru exam outside your house. Some libraries offer workplaces, your office could be used, there are many options.
Yes but the idea of webcam and being monitored is already uncomfortable. But an on-site physical person is better.

Yes but the idea of webcam and being monitored is already uncomfortable. But an on-site physical person is better.
(10-29-2019, 01:06 PM)cookderosa Wrote: Unfortunately, Saylor has or is doing away with the in-person option and has moved to just web proctoring.

Thanks for the heads up. When did they do this? They should probably remove it as an option on their website. 

On the subject of avoiding anxiety or stress for exams, I wish they offered RPNow as a proctor choice. ProctorU can be stressful to deal with in comparison to RPNow lol
Thanks guys.

So far I have decided

CLEP
-English with essay
-French 1
-French 2

STRAIGHTERLINE
Non-Proctored Labs
-Anatomy & Phy with 1 Lab (non-proc)
-Anatomy & Phy with 1 Lab (non-proc)
-General Chem Lab
-General Physics Lab
-Introduction to Biology
-Microbiology Lab

ALEKS
-College Algebra
-Trigonometry
-PreCalculus

-CSMLearn

STUDY.COM
-Communication 120
-Computer Science 102
-Library Science

Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service
-10 ACE Credits - 5 Modules

The American Institute For Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters.
-312N-H Ethics
-CPCU Code of Professional Conduct

-Some Davar academy business classes for Ul??
(10-29-2019, 03:14 PM)shadowgem Wrote: Thanks for the heads up. When did they do this? They should probably remove it as an option on their website. 

As far as I know, you can still get your test proctored at an official testing center or library, but have been told more than once that this option is being phased out. I'm sure they will change their website when they make the hard change, my info is just FYI for planning purposes.
(10-30-2019, 12:24 AM)Leslie2828 Wrote: ...

I urge you to consider (self) therapy to get past this test anxiety / e-proctoring fear. You are very limited in your choices when avoiding the e-proctoring. Labs are also quite expensive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 314 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 765 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,288 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,299 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 305 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 643 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 896 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 213 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 882 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 690 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM