Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACTFL CREDITS to TESU
Would it be ok to send the credits to TESU in more than one method to ensure they receive them?
(01-28-2021, 09:23 PM)Seagull Wrote: So Spanish superior level translates in SPA-310 and SPA-311?

AND SPA-335 and SPA-336 for the WPT?

That's my guess.

Note that so far, none of these duplicates the CLEP, Study.com, SL, etc.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-28-2021, 03:36 PM)utility Wrote: I just sent it directly from Acclaim a few weeks ago.  I didn't hear anything back but it showed up on my Academic Evaluation a couple of days ago.  All credits added without having to jump through the hoops from the last time I sent to them.  Last time I had to get a print out notarized and then send it to TESU.
Looks like Acclaim sends them on March 15 and TESU will stop accepting all alt credits on March 1st.

TESU advisors say they never heard of acclaim.

So I am sending them in directly fron LTI paying the $20.
They send it with a certificate. 

As for academic evaluation, they have received some previous courses scores but they are really dragging their feet to make courses appear on evaluation. (Other courses not LTI)

Plus they are very insistent on asking students to drop TECEP for enrollment. They want students to enroll in full courses. Especially if the TECEP doesn't fit anywhere on degree.
(02-01-2021, 09:58 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 03:36 PM)utility Wrote: I just sent it directly from Acclaim a few weeks ago.  I didn't hear anything back but it showed up on my Academic Evaluation a couple of days ago.  All credits added without having to jump through the hoops from the last time I sent to them.  Last time I had to get a print out notarized and then send it to TESU.
Looks like Acclaim sends them on March 15 and TESU will stop accepting all alt credits on March 1st.

As for academic evaluation, they have received some previous courses scores but they are really dragging their feet to make courses appear on evaluation. (Other courses not LTI)

Plus they are very insistent on asking students to drop TECEP for enrollment. They want students to enroll in full courses. Especially if the TECEP doesn't fit anywhere on degree.

TESU is not about to stop accepting alt credits entirely. And the advisors haven't heard of a lot of things and are wrong about many other things. Only contact them when you really must. Otherwise, they're more likely to just confuse you and hinder your progress.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Agree, only that they have to be nudged often otherwise thay sit on those received credits, I see them on the unofficial transcript but nowhere marked completed in the planned course category slot on acad. Eval.

First, I'd almost never ask TESU advisors anything, they're pretty worthless.  They may not understand Acclaim, but they will know ACE - Acclaim is just the transcript provider for ACE courses.  But the advisors don't see them, transcripts go to the registrar.

All TECEP's will work for enrollment, and will fit in Free Electives at the very least, so they'll all "fit" into any degree.  But it's their job to try to get people to take courses there - they have no incentive to try to help you save money.

I would ignore them.  Actually, I wouldn't call.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-02-2021, 12:52 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

First, I'd almost never ask TESU advisors anything, they're pretty worthless.  They may not understand Acclaim, but they will know ACE - Acclaim is just the transcript provider for ACE courses.  But the advisors don't see them, transcripts go to the registrar.

All TECEP's will work for enrollment, and will fit in Free Electives at the very least, so they'll all "fit" into any degree.  But it's their job to try to get people to take courses there - they have no incentive to try to help you save money.

I know, but nothing happens at all if I do not call at all. 

I have been writing to transcripts and registrar. Because I need those credits.

So far they said as long as the certificates come in, for ACTFL exams and have the date stamped of when I took exams, even if acclaim is received after the deadline, they will honor them. So they say. 

Now it is just a waiting game as LTI just confirmed acclaim credits will be only available March 15.
(02-02-2021, 02:21 PM)Seagull Wrote:

So far they said as long as the certificates come in, for ACTFL exams and have the date stamped of when I took exams, even if acclaim is received after the deadline, they will honor them. So they say. 

Now it is just a waiting game as LTI just confirmed acclaim credits will be only available March 15.

Again, as stated by someone earlier - you can still bring in ACE/Alternative credit, you just can't go above 90cr after March 1.  Do you have any RA credits?
(02-02-2021, 02:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 02:21 PM)Seagull Wrote:

Again, as stated by someone earlier - you can still bring in ACE/Alternative credit, you just can't go above 90cr after March 1.  Do you have any RA credits?
Yes some, but if I bring other ACE credits in, do they apply or replace what I want? I have more than 120 credits, most already applied to academic eval (except UL ones of course)

Let's say I bring in UL credits, do they bump LL ones which I can then replace later with RA ones?
(02-02-2021, 02:33 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 02:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Again, as stated by someone earlier - you can still bring in ACE/Alternative credit, you just can't go above 90cr after March 1.  Do you have any RA credits?
Yes some, but if I bring other ACE credits in, do they apply or replace what I want? I have more than 120 credits, most already applied to academic eval (except UL ones of course)

Let's say I bring in UL credits, do they bump LL ones which I can then replace later with RA ones?

Yes - if you bring in UL credits after March 1, you can ask TESU to replace the LL with UL.  You can also choose which LL courses you want to replace LL ACE courses.

I would make sure that you have a good copy of your eval on Feb 28th (or earlier) so that you have proof that you have X number of ACE credits on your transcript; they may try to take it down to 90cr when they start replacing things, and they shouldn't.  So just make sure you have proof.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 147 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 174 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 362 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,091 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 608 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 581 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 698 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 576 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 3,040 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 630 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM