Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACTFL - Foreign language credits extended till 2/29/2020
(08-29-2020, 04:04 PM)Mikimiki Wrote: Hi guys. I am very curious for what purpose are you studying several foreign languages?
Personally I already know 4 languages so was looking to get credit for it, was planning to take free CLEP tests in German and French and then use them towards my Foreign Languages and later International studies degree. But test centers shut down so, was thinking to test out proficiency test for my mother tongue but then changed to a major that doesn't require knowledge of foreign languages, and so I didn't get to do that either. Now I am majoring in History so I am going to use that knowledge to just read books and deepen my knowledge of history instead. Amazed at how the academic journey changes. I know Latin too but hard to find any courses that give credit for it. So will just use that knowledge later in combination with what I am studying.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using DegreeForum.net mobile app
(08-29-2020, 04:04 PM)Mikimiki Wrote: Hi guys. I am very curious for what purpose are you studying several foreign languages?

I used to just do it for fun. Now I do it for school and no longer reside in an English speaking nation. A better question to me is: why not learn multiple languages?
(12-04-2019, 11:15 AM)S2106 Wrote: ACTFL foreign language testing credits expired on 11/30/19. It is currently showing extended till Feb 29th, 2020 in ACE.

Pardon my ignorance, but I searched and didn't find the answer. I have some basic Spanish proficency, how would I use these tests? 

Awesome background, I am a teacher and need 20 credits for a raise. They can be bachelor's or grad. How would I use these tests to get undergrad or grad credits? Please go slow, I'm new.
Wow! this is so cool. So you can earn up to 24 credits for using a foreign language? (12 credits for speaking test, 6 credits for writing test, 6 credits for reading test)

http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseactio...ICE=300017

Where can I take their foreign language test?
(08-29-2020, 06:46 PM)Heybiff Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 11:15 AM)S2106 Wrote: ACTFL foreign language testing credits expired on 11/30/19. It is currently showing extended till Feb 29th, 2020 in ACE.

Pardon my ignorance, but I searched and didn't find the answer. I have some basic Spanish proficency, how would I use these tests? 

Awesome background, I am a teacher and need 20 credits for a raise. They can be bachelor's or grad. How would I use these tests to get undergrad or grad credits? Please go slow, I'm new.
Please refer to post #11 on this thread (posted by dfrecore) for details. ACTFL is the organization you register to take the test. You can obtain up to 12 credits from a 30 minutes oral proficiency interview by phone alone. Language testing international conducts the interview. Questions are not about grammar or anything. Just casual conversation about your day, may be a scenario you discussed which they will ask you to do a short speech etc. It used to be you need to go to a college to do this test. Now you can do it from home. Yes, Spanish will work.
(08-29-2020, 06:46 PM)Heybiff Wrote:

Please refer to post #11 on this thread (posted by dfrecore) for details. ACTFL is the organization you register to take the test. You can obtain up to 12 credits from a 30 minutes oral proficiency interview by phone alone. Language testing international conducts the interview. Questions are not about grammar or anything. Just casual conversation about your day, may be a scenario you discussed which they will ask you to do a short speech etc. It used to be you need to go to a college to do this test. Now you can do it from home. Yes, Spanish will work.
Is this dead? I'm looking on the ACE site it's showing as expired 6/30/2020. I had gotten some of these credits but I'd really like to get more due to the new TESU changes.
(12-18-2020, 08:45 PM)utility Wrote: Is this dead? I'm looking on the ACE site it's showing as expired 6/30/2020. I had gotten some of these credits but I'd really like to get more due to the new TESU changes.

Not sure why you'd want MORE ACE credits because of the TESU changes? They want you to get more RA credits. Or do you mean that you want these credits so you can have a bigger budget to put towards RA courses?

If you wanted to use this as a fast method of getting more credit, I've heard that they can be quite slow in granting credit so you'd probably be better off choosing something else.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-19-2020, 03:17 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 08:45 PM)utility Wrote: Is this dead? I'm looking on the ACE site it's showing as expired 6/30/2020. I had gotten some of these credits but I'd really like to get more due to the new TESU changes.

Not sure why you'd want MORE ACE credits because of the TESU changes? They want you to get more RA credits. Or do you mean that you want these credits so you can have a bigger budget to put towards RA courses?

If you wanted to use this as a fast method of getting more credit, I've heard that they can be quite slow in granting credit so you'd probably be better off choosing something else.

I've got almost 3 months to get all of my credits into TESU and I won't have to worry about RA credits. If I go BALS instead of my original plan I only need 9 UL credits and American Government.

With ACFTL I can potentially get all of the UL I need with a couple of tests. Even if it takes a month of waiting for it, it's worth it. I'll be done with SOS-110 next week.
Looks like ACFTL is good until May 31, 2023 now.   Big Grin

Just checked ACE.

Potential ACE credit values listed below:

[Image: ACE_Credit.png]
They also don't make it easy to find where you signup for some reason.  This is where you go https://www.languagetesting.com/certific...nformation
[-] The following 2 users Like utility's post:
  • gams007, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,722 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 585 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Blacklisted foreign universities in Nigeria Imbanewbie 1 327 01-13-2024, 03:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,194 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 474 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 412 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Best Foreign Credentials Evaluator Service mariobros1985 10 1,014 11-07-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Chankosumo
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 556 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,788 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff