Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACTFL / LTI courses expire today, 11/30/18
Late this afternoon ( 4 December 2018), I received a reply from LTI/ACTFL.  This is the first line.  

"ACTFL has discontinued its partnership with ACE, as of Nov 30, 2018."

I'm debating if I should post the entire message here as what they subsequently advised seems unrealistic.  Do you all think I should post the message, excluding names?
That`s really unfortunate.
(12-04-2018, 08:17 PM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: That`s really unfortunate.

Very much so!  I'm sure other test takers were hopeful of gaining some language credits via LTI/ACTFL, including me.   I don't need foreign language credits to graduate, but it would be nice to have those credits on my transcript.  Back to the ACE database to see if I can find some other options.
(12-04-2018, 07:04 PM)rvm Wrote: Late this afternoon ( 4 December 2018), I received a reply from LTI/ACTFL.  This is the first line.  

I'm debating if I should post the entire message here as what they subsequently advised seems unrealistic.  Do you all think I should post the message, excluding names?

Sure - as long as you didn't promise not to post it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
This was LTI/ACTFL's reply to me.  Note it ends with a colon.  It appears there are two images which were attached to the reply.  However, the sender or recipient's email is not allowing them to be displayed, even though I have selected the option to Display All Images.

"Dear Robin,

ACTFL has discontinued its partnership with ACE, as of Nov 30, 2018. Students should still complete and submit ACTFL assessments to their college campus for college credit, as ACTFL assessments are accepted for college credit equivalencies at many institutions of higher education. The ACTFL rating achieved by skill/assessment type is what will determine the credit recommendation made:

<image1>  <image2>

Sincerely,
<name>
LTI, Inc" 

Bonus points for anyone who can direct me to any RA college/uni that accepts credits that are not ACE-approved or NCCRS-approved?

Perhaps I will email back and ask which institutions of higher learning she recommends.  
(12-05-2018, 08:25 AM)rvm Wrote: This was LTI/ACTFL's reply to me.  Note it ends with a colon.  It appears there are two images which were attached to the reply.  However, the sender or recipient's email is not allowing them to be displayed, even though I have selected the option to Display All Images.

"Dear Robin,

ACTFL has discontinued its partnership with ACE, as of Nov 30, 2018. Students should still complete and submit ACTFL assessments to their college campus for college credit, as ACTFL assessments are accepted for college credit equivalencies at many institutions of higher education. The ACTFL rating achieved by skill/assessment type is what will determine the credit recommendation made:

<image1>  <image2>

Sincerely,
<name>
LTI, Inc" 

Bonus points for anyone who can direct me to any RA college/uni that accepts credits that are not ACE-approved or NCCRS-approved?

Perhaps I will email back and ask which institutions of higher learning she recommends.  

I'm guessing they don't realize that the reason colleges accept the credits is BECAUSE they were ACE-approved?
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-05-2018, 08:25 AM)rvm Wrote: Bonus points for anyone who can direct me to any RA college/uni that accepts credits that are not ACE-approved or NCCRS-approved?

I think there are plenty of examples. CLEP, DSST, and AP tests don't depend on ACE or NCCRS. The Big3 accept a number of various certifications that don't depend on ACE or NCCRS, either. I wouldn't be surprised if there are colleges that WILL continue to accept ACTFL for credit, maybe through a direct partnership. The trick is that without ACE/NCCRS, each college has to evaluate their test and many won't bother to.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(12-05-2018, 11:32 AM)davewill Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 08:25 AM)rvm Wrote: Bonus points for anyone who can direct me to any RA college/uni that accepts credits that are not ACE-approved or NCCRS-approved?

I think there are plenty of examples. CLEP, DSST, and AP tests don't depend on ACE or NCCRS. The Big3 accept a number of various certifications that don't depend on ACE or NCCRS, either. I wouldn't be surprised if there are colleges that WILL continue to accept ACTFL for credit, maybe through a direct partnership. The trick is that without ACE/NCCRS, each college has to evaluate their test and many won't bother to.

True.  But, one of the things that ACE does is tells schools how many credits each exam gets, and whether those should be UL or LL.  Without that guidance, it will get harder for schools to figure these out.
(12-04-2018, 07:04 PM)rvm Wrote: Late this afternoon ( 4 December 2018), I received a reply from LTI/ACTFL.  This is the first line.  

what?!?!?!!?
(12-05-2018, 09:58 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 08:25 AM)rvm Wrote: This was LTI/ACTFL's reply to me.  Note it ends with a colon.  It appears there are two images which were attached to the reply.  However, the sender or recipient's email is not allowing them to be displayed, even though I have selected the option to Display All Images.

"Dear Robin,

<image1>  <image2>

Sincerely,
<name>
LTI, Inc" 

I'm guessing they don't realize that the reason colleges accept the credits is BECAUSE they were ACE-approved?

I would agree with this.  When I was speaking with them, that was something they simply didn't seem to comprehend.

(12-05-2018, 11:32 AM)davewill Wrote:

I was curious so I check.  CLEP, DSST and AP are all ACE-approved options for credit.  

I do agree, there may be colleges which will accept ACTFL.  Two questions are shouting out in my mind.  If college ABC accepts them and puts them on a transcript, will TESU, COSC, ESC and WGU accept those credits?  How much will those credits cost at ABC?  Obviously, that depends on several factors.

(12-05-2018, 12:53 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

what?!?!?!!?

My sentiments exactly, Jen.  Here's the email I received:

"Dear Robin,

<image1>  <image2>

Sincerely,
<name>
LTI, Inc" 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 3,794 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,766 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 787 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 572 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 678 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 298 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,253 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 576 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 458 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn