Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACTFL is BACK until 11/30/19!!
Thank you.
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(10-12-2019, 02:16 PM)cookderosa Wrote: It's the single cheapest way to get college credit ESPECIALLY upper level - but it's unrealistic to learn a language from scratch in a month.  But, if you're fluent, it's low hanging fruit!!

So... if you only speak English, can you take the English exams? Or does it have to be a foreign language?
(10-21-2019, 10:09 PM)Caliokiegirl Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 02:16 PM)cookderosa Wrote: It's the single cheapest way to get college credit ESPECIALLY upper level - but it's unrealistic to learn a language from scratch in a month.  But, if you're fluent, it's low hanging fruit!!

So... if you only speak English, can you take the English exams? Or does it have to be a foreign language?

Has to be a foreign language.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
So i get a list from COSC with al the exams. And Dutch is not on it. Wel Japanese, Italian etc. I have send them a email back yesterday but no response yet.
COMPLETED

Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 

Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(10-22-2019, 04:13 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: So i get a list from COSC with al the exams. And Dutch is not on it. Wel Japanese, Italian etc. I have send them a email back yesterday but no response yet.

This is not done through COSC, it's an ACE-approved course provider: https://www.actfl.org/professional-devel...g-opi-opic

Dutch is one of the courses they will test through OPI/OPIc, but it's not on the list for the WPT.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yes it also for WPT if you want to schedule. But i would like to transfer the credits to COSC and its not on their list. They advised me to call the registar.
COMPLETED

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(10-15-2019, 10:21 AM)nosideedison Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 05:48 PM)jplot002 Wrote: What was the story on why these weren't around and why they are around now?
I took two OPIc (Spanish and Portuguese) earlier this year and they gave me some credit. Not 6 and 6, but they gave me 10 and 2 for the Portuguese.

Which will yield me the best Official OPI Rating? OPI - human one-on-one interview versus OPIc - computer delivered assessment
I wanted to get the Advanced/Superior so I can get an easy 6LD and 6UD for $159 from the Category III - Tagalog.

Human or Computer?
I hope to get everyone's experience.
If you speak that language well, just schedule for a OPI. It is done by phone , usually at a testing center (community college). It only takes less than an hour by phone. Advanced High and Superior gives you same amount of credits. Try not to say anything in English during telephonic interview for best rating. Good luck!
So these credits work for native speakers too? And it's up to 36 credits per language? Can I use them as general ED electives at TESU or where do they fit in?
(10-06-2020, 07:32 PM)FastTrackDegree Wrote: So these credits work for native speakers too? And it's up to 36 credits per language? Can I use them as general ED electives at TESU or where do they fit in?

Yes - although I haven't heard back from anyone as to what TESU will give you for everything.  It's certain that you can get 6LL/6UL credits for the OPI/OPIc, and 6LL/6UL credits for the WPT.  It's unclear if the RPT and LPT LL credits duplicate the LL credits from the other 2.

If you want to be a guinea pig and try to transfer all of those credits, it would be awesome.  Report back and let us know what TESU brings everything in as.

Also, you can use them as General Eds (Knowledge of Human Cultures and Electives), AOS courses (especially the UL), and Free Electives.  These are VALUABLE credits, especially if you're going for a BALS.

I'm also wondering if EC would take these, and you could actually get a BALA with a AoF (Area of Focus) in that language?  That would be cool if you applied and transferred in the credits just to see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
Wait, I think I just missed this opportunity.
Are they still giving credits for language tests???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACTFL has extended ACE status! Avidreader 9 740 08-29-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  ACTFL no longer give ACE credits? Kab 16 1,397 08-10-2023, 04:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Welcome back, TEEX! rachel83az 25 4,494 01-23-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Blckbuster
  ACTFL CREDITS to TESU Seagull 30 4,417 04-05-2022, 07:07 PM
Last Post: utility
  Questions for anyone who has taken ACTFL exams rachel83az 6 1,196 03-14-2022, 09:49 PM
Last Post: jazzcat
Exclamation Free Culinary Skills Course Is Back!!! LevelUP 0 974 10-08-2021, 06:16 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  SDC How long until you get your graded Proctored Final or Assignments back? daharamu 5 1,408 12-15-2020, 08:17 PM
Last Post: daharamu
  ACTFL OPI Exam TESU Problems purpleflowers 6 1,293 12-10-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: purpleflowers
  OnlineDegree Intro to Programming is Back! LevelUP 23 2,998 09-04-2020, 12:50 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  ACTFL Exam - Proctored or Not Tlm 2 886 06-09-2020, 11:26 AM
Last Post: dfrecore