Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline 15 credits
Hello, I have a GED and I am currently taking course through straighterline to eventually transfer to a college. The main reason i am trying to go back to college is to get the necessary 15 credits for enlistment in the Military. If i transfer my straighterline courses to an eligible college and then request a transcript from them, would these straighterline courses count as my 15 credits?

Thank you
(09-06-2019, 04:23 PM)rayantanas Wrote: Hello, I have a GED and I am currently taking course through straighterline to eventually transfer to a college. The main reason i am trying to go back to college is to get the necessary 15 credits for enlistment in the Military. If i transfer my straighterline courses to an eligible college and then request a transcript from them, would these straighterline courses count as my 15 credits?

Thank you

It depends on what country and what branch of service you're interested in. I think the French Foreign Legion may take you without college credits. If you are interested in joining the United States Service, each branch sets its own enlistment rules with the Army and Marines being the most generous and the Air Force is usually the most restrictive. You need to contact your local recruitment office for the service you are interested in to find out what those specific requirements are.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 22gunsonfire's post:
  • rayantanas
I'd suggest CLEP over StraighterLine. The reason being is CLEP is more likely to be accepted at colleges and would probably be quicker to on transcripts. If a college accepts CLEP they already know what it counts as and as soon as you finish the test the scores get sent. Your local community college might accept CLEP. Plus if you use modernstates its free. If you are looking for easy cleps I'd suggest analyzing and interepting literature, if you know math then college math, and if you know a foreign language try one of the languages.

StraighterLine is a little bit more hit or miss in terms of acceptance and even if a college does accept it they might not have a handy list of equivalencies which would mean manually evaluating it, this could drag out the process longer and it might not even work in the end.

But I think before you do anything it depends on your branch and your country. I don't know where you are serving. Also, sometimes the military gives out waivers. My brother is in the US Navy but he didn't try too hard in high school and had low grades. His job required certain courses (math and science) with a certain GPA. He didn't have that. However, he got a perfect score on the ASVAB so they gave him a waiver for the grades since he proved he knew his stuff. Maybe the same could be said for you. If you scored high marks on both your GED and military entrance exam maybe they will waive the 15 credits. I don't know though it all depends on your country, your branch and the specific job you are doing in the military.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • rayantanas

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Service = Credits Alpha 5 1,457 06-04-2022, 07:43 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  TESU database of military credits? dfrecore 8 3,429 02-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  My Wife has 77 credits and just needs and Associates to get promoted. Please Help!! eliment 19 5,352 03-13-2018, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,860 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  Advanced Enlistment with College Credits jmeitrem 15 7,200 05-02-2016, 05:16 PM
Last Post: C5259
  Cheap source of credits for veterans UptonSinclair 7 2,704 01-07-2015, 02:02 AM
Last Post: UptonSinclair
  CLEP/DSST credits for advanced enlistment? Arm4L1t3 10 3,131 09-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Arm4L1t3
  CCAF & Straighterline jetmech68 9 3,392 01-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Last Post: publius2k4
  how to verify credits? cookderosa 22 3,249 06-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Straighterline to receive CCAF - AS Logistics Mngt. ldub72 9 1,714 06-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Last Post: ldub72