Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALEKS
Any updates or news about Aleks and their ACE expiration situation on 7/31/18?

I know they've expired before and ended up renewing, but is there talk of things being different this time around? Also, for anyone who was around to experience former expirations, how long did it take for them to renew their ACE license/accreditation? Thanks!
(07-30-2018, 12:39 AM)Beardedlady72 Wrote: Any updates or news about Aleks and their ACE expiration situation on 7/31/18?

I know they've expired before and ended up renewing, but is there talk of things being different this time around? Also, for anyone who was around to experience former expirations, how long did it take for them to renew their ACE license/accreditation? Thanks!

No news that I am aware of. At this point, we don't know if they're gone again, perhaps for good this time, or if they are still working things out with ACE.

As for prior history, they lost ACE recommendation in late 2017. I reached out in January 2017 to ask them about ACE recommendation coming back (I also suggested they consider NCCRS if they were having issues with ACE). Their reply made it sound like they didn't renew on purpose for some reason, but they didn't elaborate. I was thinking that maybe the person who handled it left, or the cost was too much? I don't know. In any case, it didn't sound like it was coming back.

Then, several months ago, ACE reactivated many (but not all) of their prior courses. At that point a note from their customer team made it sound like they were planning to renew everything, including the stuff that didn't get extended this time around. However, it indicated that they were still in process of working with ACE on reviews. That was a few months ago and I don't recall seeing any further updates.

You could always send them a note to ask if they will be renewing and post up the reply.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I asked the other day since I am close but not there yet.  This is the response I received.

We are currently working with ACE to renew our accreditation; however, it is uncertain whether ALEKS will be re-certified for the ACE credit program. We cannot guarantee success in these efforts. If and when we are successful, requests for approval will again be accepted, including work done during the interval of suspended certification.

If you were to sign up for College Algebra just for ACE Accreditation, I would not suggest it. 

Additional details can be found on our website: https://www.aleks.com/independent/students/ace_credit

Thank you!

Alexander Rayborn
ALEKS Corporation
MTAW Certified Municipal Treasurer - Wisconsin 
IAAP Certified Administrative Professional
Administrative Professional Associate Degree - Madison College

Next up: Bachelor's Degree 

(07-30-2018, 11:33 AM)BSBRose21 Wrote: I asked the other day since I am close but not there yet.  This is the response I received.

We are currently working with ACE to renew our accreditation; however, it is uncertain whether ALEKS will be re-certified for the ACE credit program. We cannot guarantee success in these efforts. If and when we are successful, requests for approval will again be accepted, including work done during the interval of suspended certification.

If you were to sign up for College Algebra just for ACE Accreditation, I would not suggest it. 

Additional details can be found on our website: https://www.aleks.com/independent/students/ace_credit

Thank you!

Alexander Rayborn
ALEKS Corporation

Now that is a response that just screams  "we don't know anything more than you already know".  I suggest that everyone should try to get their current ALEKS credit courses completed no later than tomorrow based on the current expiration for credit.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Just update - Aleks has been renewed till 2020!

Attached Files
.jpg   capture 1.JPG (Size: 87.42 KB / Downloads: 24)

[-] The following 1 user Likes BSBRose21's post:
  • quigongene
(07-30-2018, 05:37 PM)BSBRose21 Wrote: Just update - Aleks has been renewed till 2020!

SWEET!!!
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

This is a huge relief! I was not going to make it by tomorrow!

(07-30-2018, 05:37 PM)BSBRose21 Wrote: Just update - Aleks has been renewed till 2020!

All except beginning and intermediate algebra, which are still expired. Though it sounded like they did intend to renew those two as well. Perhaps not.

It also appears that the latest update adjusted Business Stats and Stats for Behavioral Sciences to be lower division credit effective August 1st, 2018. I have a hard time seeing this. Intro to Stats didn't feel lower level and those both carry a decent amount of additional material above and beyond Intro to Stats. I wonder if the difference is whether it has calculus-based aspects or not since the challenge-level of the material certainly shouldn't be the rationale.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

SHUT UP!!! That is the best news ever, I'm sitting here scrambling and about to go on a violent rage. (Not really, but I need to call it quits now and go to bed since the pressure's off.)

Thanks to everyone who replied! Hooray for all of usSmile
(07-30-2018, 01:49 AM)Merlin Wrote: As for prior history, they lost ACE recommendation in late 2017. I reached out in January 2017 to ask them about ACE recommendation coming back (I also suggested they consider NCCRS if they were having issues with ACE). Their reply made it sound like they didn't renew on purpose for some reason, but they didn't elaborate. I was thinking that maybe the person who handled it left, or the cost was too much? I don't know. In any case, it didn't sound like it was coming back.

Then, several months ago, ACE reactivated many (but not all) of their prior courses. At that point a note from their customer team made it sound like they were planning to renew everything, including the stuff that didn't get extended this time around. However, it indicated that they were still in process of working with ACE on reviews. That was a few months ago and I don't recall seeing any further updates.

Just an FYI, they did not "lose" ACE recommendation - the process for this is initiated by and paid for by the course provider, not ACE, and it's normally given for a specific 3-year period.  Once you get ACE recommendation, they don't pull your approval (I've not heard of that happening).  Instead, the company may choose (or not) to re-up for another round of ACE.  If they choose not to, then they just let the approval expire, and their courses are no longer ACE-approved.  SL has chosen to do this for some of their courses.  CLEP and DSST also choose to do this occasionally.  They just let a course (or more than one) expire, I'm guessing because it's not profitable.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,384 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  ALEKS GLMRGIRL717 2 638 08-15-2022, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Still time for ALEKS credit? MDW2447 14 3,116 09-10-2021, 03:55 AM
Last Post: echo64
  ALEKS Badges via Acclaim Toastmaster 6 1,369 01-13-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Kab
  How to get ALEKS badge added to Acclaim ashkir 0 1,039 12-09-2020, 03:59 PM
  ALEKS is expiring. gams007 9 1,975 11-13-2020, 07:49 PM
  ALEKS stats and Sophia Overap? Edriveless 4 1,240 05-26-2020, 04:10 PM