Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC quiz question for power users..
(05-27-2019, 08:01 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Besides all the techniques everyone else listed I like to multitask. So if I'm powering through a (relatively simple) SDC course, I'm doing it throughout most of the day. Watching videos while I eat, cook, meal prep, riding in a car, brushing teeth, folding laundry, etc.

I was doing this on my way to work and then as soon as I got in, I did the quizzes. I try to sneak them in during the work day too - that's one reason I love SDC format - the short chunks of info!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
I've been trying to be consistent about working on lessons in small chunks, such as when I'm in line at the bank. That's definitely one of my favorite aspects of SDC, that you can work in small amounts and still see progress being made.

I haven't been able to spend large portions of the day working on the quizzes. At some point soon I want to challenge myself by clearing my schedule, and see how much I can get done if I spend the entire day on it. I wonder if I could pass an entire course in 1-2 days over a weekend.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muldoon's post:
  • suzycupcake
i feel like the sdc videos vary a lot in usefulness (some narrarators are just too annoying to listen to) but i feel like i am able to answer the quizzes easily when i take time to listen to the videos. i know it's faster to read the material but i don't think i absorb things as much just by reading, esp since the content is usually SOOOO dry. for me personally, i can either read a lesson 4 times or just take the 8 minutes to listen to the video once. I also put closed captioning on the video so i am getting auditory and visual input for the key terms and definitions. i have to say when i did straighterline, the classes were way faster. but when i do study.com i learn a lot more and retain a lot more. the sheer number of quizzes is super annoying though, i don't feel like i gain much from them. i have ADD though, so for me i think it's way harder to concentrate
[-] The following 1 user Likes saraholson's post:
  • suzycupcake
Don't watch the videos and try to pick classes that over lap so the subsequent ones are partially completed when you start them
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • suzycupcake
(05-28-2019, 02:48 PM)saraholson Wrote: i feel like the sdc videos vary a lot in usefulness (some narrarators are just too annoying to listen to) but i feel like i am able to answer the quizzes easily when i take time to listen to the videos. i know it's faster to read the material but i don't think i absorb things as much just by reading, esp since the content is usually SOOOO dry. for me personally, i can either read a lesson 4 times or just take the 8 minutes to listen to the video once. I also put closed captioning on the video so i am getting auditory and visual input for the key terms and definitions. i have to say when i did straighterline, the classes were way faster. but when i do study.com i learn a lot more and retain a lot more. the sheer number of quizzes is super annoying though, i don't feel like i gain much from them. i have ADD though, so for me i think it's way harder to concentrate

I have ADD also and the way I need to do it with non-familiar subjects is exactly what you said - put CC on and watch/read!  That works best for me too.

I love SL just for the simple fact that I can plow through 2 classes a weekend easily because I don't have to do 500 quizzes :: But, if there is a subject I need to know more about, and not one I'll never need to know about again, I would do SDC for it. The small chunks help a lot I find.

(05-30-2019, 10:38 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: Don't watch the videos and try to pick classes that over lap so the subsequent ones are partially completed when you start them

This trick just worked for me with Eng Comp I and II!  I was 45% done before I even started. It was FABULOUS!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 691 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh
  Basic Question About Sophia Touchstones RachelB 10 1,839 10-09-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Google IT Support - course question and ACE rvm 2 925 01-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: rvm
  SDC BIO 101 - question on Labster Mr T 5 627 01-03-2023, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Mr T
  Study.com question - Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab Mr T 6 1,472 12-31-2022, 05:27 PM
  Question re: SDC Computer Science 204 - Database Programming raekwon 6 1,524 11-25-2022, 11:51 AM
  Another Sophia Spanish I question uncapentin 4 861 11-16-2022, 01:49 PM
Last Post: uncapentin
  Study.com Math 108: Discrete Mathematics - Optional Quiz and final exam Titan_s 5 2,073 11-11-2022, 10:13 AM
Last Post: simonbellfi
  Question about Coursera certificates & specializations Pikachu 7 2,860 08-24-2022, 04:51 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Question about SDC Bio101 Labs? Jwheels27 4 778 08-18-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Jwheels27