Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALEKS - How to maximize credits during enrollment?
Long time lurker.. I've begun to read this forum and my head is spinning, so forgive me if this question has been answered.

I haven't decided what/where I want to get a Bachelors yet (strong possibility that it will be BSBA Management and at one of the "Big 3").

Several years ago, I successfully CLEP'ed College Algebra, Intro to Sociology & American Gov't and passed an LSU Financial Accounting Independent Study course. Lastly, I took an ALEKS Business Statistics and had the credits registered with ACE.

I'd like to enroll in ALEKS again and take as many additional courses/assessments that will fit into a degree plan with relevant credits.

If I understood correctly, Beginning Algebra won't give me workable credits and would be a waste of time? I also believe there was mention of duplications and would like to avoid that and anything that duplicates each other or my Coll. Algebra Clep or ALEKS Business Statistics. Would someone be able to provide some clarification?

Thanks in advance.

~ rodaco
Not sure about Excelsior or COSC, but TESC will also take Intermediate Algebra and Precalc OR College Algebra with Trigonometry (those duplicate, so only one of them). The rest of the courses are duplicates or too low of a level.

If you want to go crazy with math, you can also take CLEP's College Math & Calculus exams, DSST's Business Math, and TESC's Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP. College Math is 6 units, and the TECEP will get you 3 out of 24 residency requirements for TESC. If you're in "math mode".
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Not sure about Excelsior or COSC, but TESC will also take Intermediate Algebra and Precalc OR College Algebra with Trigonometry (those duplicate, so only one of them). The rest of the courses are duplicates or too low of a level.

If you want to go crazy with math, you can also take CLEP's College Math & Calculus exams, DSST's Business Math, and TESC's Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP. College Math is 6 units, and the TECEP will get you 3 out of 24 residency requirements for TESC. If you're in "math mode".

I would go with this, ( minus the DSST business Math, save your money that test is bull shit there is a reason it had <1% pass rate in 2014) College math CLEP was cake, and TECEP was even easier and they didn't overlap. I am not sure on the overlap of the college math CLEP and intermediate algebra ALEKS. Then just take the pre-cal ALEKS
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
Thanks!!

Intermediate Algebra & Pre-Calc it is.

Neither of you mentioned the other ALEKS Statistics classes, so am I correct to assume that they duplicate the ALEKS Business Statistics I already have?

By the way, where do these ALEKS classes + Clep College Algebra + Clep College Math + Clep Calculus + TESC's Applied Liberal Arts Math get plugged in to the same degree plan?

~ rodaco
All 3 ALEKS stats courses duplicate each other (at TESC at least).

Where the classes fit into your degree plan depends on what degree you want, and how many credits you already have. The math courses are General Ed, and will fit into different places in different degree plans; for instance, for a BSBA at TESC, you have to take College Algebra and Statistics, and then the other math courses will fit into Intellectual & Practical Skills, GE Electives, and Free Electives.

If you already have a bunch of courses that fulfill your GenEd or Free Electives section, then you won't want to take most of these as they won't fit in anywhere you need.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yeah, business math DSST is the only test I ever failed. ended with a 369 out of 400 needed, and that was mostly because the majority of the info needed for questions load in as images from their server, and that took forever at my testing center.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,721 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 585 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Metropolia Open UAS Failed Enrollment? MissRN 9 860 02-05-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 354 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,194 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 473 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 487 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,788 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff