Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALEKS Math Courses
I just called and he really did not know however he said that he has not heard anything to the contrary. In an hour I will need a private tutor for practice
suzettew Wrote:I just called and he really did not know however he said that he has not heard anything to the contrary. In an hour I will need a private tutor for practice

I found that it really helped to print out the different scenarios; sometimes they repeat the questions, also, sometimes you can figure it out from the previous answer.

Also, if you are doing stats, I found that it really helped me when I (finally) figured out how to use the Aleks calculator!
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
Called ACE and the guy said nothing in notes regarding extension/renewal and he said to call ALEKS for an answer.
Called ALEKS and lady said they just received notice today regarding an indefinite extension/renewal.

Looks like we're good for now.
I Like What I Hear. Good Stuff Mates.

How Long Does It Take Usually To Pass One Of These Math Courses From Aleks? I'm Good At Numbers So I Know Most Of The Material.

Cheers!!
irishrose Wrote:I Like What I Hear. Good Stuff Mates.

How Long Does It Take Usually To Pass One Of These Math Courses From Aleks? I'm Good At Numbers So I Know Most Of The Material.

Cheers!!

If you're good with the material, you just take about 15-20 assessment questions and you're done. If you are OK at the material, then you will have to take 20-35 questions, and if you get over 70%, you are done, but they will try and give you questions on the stuff you don't know.

ALEKS was extended until 06/30/17. Again, not renewed. It is starting to get ridiculous.
At least it was extended for TWO months this time.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I went into full math mode and got them all this last week, because who knew the ACE status in the future.
I don't have a degree plan finalized yet, but since I have some membership time left over, could anyone think of a scenario where I would benefit from doing any additional ALEKS assessments?
I already have Beginning, Intermediate, and College Algebra; Trigonometry, and Business Statistics. I don't think there is any potential degree plan that could apply more than that, but I am not sure.
Precalculus should work for you too.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
BrandeX Wrote:I went into full math mode and got them all this last week, because who knew the ACE status in the future.
I don't have a degree plan finalized yet, but since I have some membership time left over, could anyone think of a scenario where I would benefit from doing any additional ALEKS assessments?
I already have Beginning, Intermediate, and College Algebra; Trigonometry, and Business Statistics. I don't think there is any potential degree plan that could apply more than that, but I am not sure.

It depends on which school you're going to go to. TESU will only count 4 courses. You can also take the rest of the courses (Intro to Stats, Stats for Behavioral Sciences, College Algebra with Trig, Precalc) so that if you were ever to go to a different school, they might require one of those instead of what TESU takes. It will all cover stuff you already know, so you can probably get through them all very quickly.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 681 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 4,094 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,801 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 739 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 788 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 602 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 689 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 305 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 388 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 590 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az