Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALEKS Statistics - Which One???
ALEKS has 3 statistics courses:

Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
Introduction to Statistics
Business Statistics

I'm trying to figure out which one would satisfy the requirement for a TESC psyc degree. Does anyone know?

Thanks!
BA Social Sciences TESC 2009

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
Social Sciences & History 65 | English Comp 63
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
Enviro & Humanity 68 | Org Behavior 67 | Astronomy 60 | Ethics 467
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Read My Story[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[/SIZE][COLOR="Navy"][COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Write an email and ask TESC to make sure, also include all the course name and the ACE ref number like that: (just copy/paste this)

Organization: ALEKS Corporation (McGraw Hill)
course:
-Introduction to Statistics
ACE Transcript Data: ALEK-0007

-Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
ACE Transcript Data: ALEK-0009

-Business Statistics
ACE Transcript Data: ALEK-0008

and see what they say, I would guess the first one should do it but again get a written confirmation, its always better, another advice: if you can, go for the DSST exam as ALEKS they will make you suffer with their ''ever-lasting'' pie system and it might take a few month to get over with :mad: anyhow let us know whats TESC answer, onelast thing TESC might refuse to answer this question if you are not enrolled yet so in this case dont be surprised, In my opinion I would say Aleks intro to stat is ACE approved and evaluated as an upper level so most likely they cant say NO Big Grin
Intro. to Statistics was approved for me, by TESC, to fulfill the Statistics requirement for a business degree.
I sent this email:

I recently applied to TESC and will be enrolling once accepted and I have a question. I would like to know which of the following courses would satisfy the statistic requirement for a BA psychology degree:
course:

-Business Statistics

Thank you for your help,

and received this response:

"Thomas Edison State College will require that you are an enrolled student prior to receiving academic advisement..."

I want to spend the summer working on all of the math requirements to get them over and done with and I won't be enroling in TESC anytime soon. How can I get an answer on this?

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]
thatbrian Wrote:I sent this email:

I recently applied to TESC and will be enrolling once accepted and I have a question. I would like to know which of the following courses would satisfy the statistic requirement for a BA psychology degree:
course:

-Business Statistics

Thank you for your help,

and received this response:

"Thomas Edison State College will require that you are an enrolled student prior to receiving academic advisement..."

I want to spend the summer working on all of the math requirements to get them over and done with and I won't be enroling in TESC anytime soon. How can I get an answer on this?

Here is what I would do:
I would take the ALEKS Intro Stats because you know they award credit, and as soon as it is done, I would take the Stats for Behavioral Science. Do them both back to back. Here is why: I know for sure business stats won't count- anything in the BA won't allow business. I also would bet you a dime that your credits will be applied one of two ways:
1. You would get to use Intro Stats as the stats requirement, and the Behavioral Stats credit would be an in-major elective. (6 credits)
2. You would get to use the Behavioral Stats as the stats requirement, and the Intro Stats credit would be a math/natural science gen ed (6 credits)

There HAS to be huge content overlap- I can't imagine the second stats class taking you too long at all to actually complete, especially given the amount of expertise you will need to have to "pass" the ALEKS program. Why not do both? The additional cost to you is time, but maybe only another $20.00

I will tell you that in the research methods requirement, you can take both Research Methods in Psychology and Research Methods in Social Science without credit duplication. I would roll the dice here, I think this is very much like killing 2 birds with 1 stone.
Thanks for all of the great replies! I really appreciate the help.

Brian

CLEP
DSST
ECE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,161 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  finishing ALEKS? a2jc4life 2 1,008 07-25-2018, 11:52 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  TESU Statistics credit transfer from study.com waterpaper 2 1,597 06-14-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  TESU ASNSM in Computer Science (Math/ALEKS) question AwardTour 7 2,360 05-03-2018, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Statistics, think TESU will give me credit for this class? StoicJ 5 1,753 01-23-2018, 12:33 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  Business Statistics & Intro to Computer Science masrat858 3 1,401 12-29-2017, 08:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior Statistics Test nnursing 0 1,250 08-01-2017, 04:18 PM
Last Post: nnursing
  Math 105 on ALEKS for TESU BALS degree CarpeDiem8 17 2,474 06-25-2017, 02:58 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  new TESU degree - data science (statistics) cookderosa 35 6,835 06-13-2017, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU / Statistics.com Data Science (BSDS) Planning mcmctalk 19 3,866 05-31-2017, 08:33 PM
Last Post: SolarKat