Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALEKS extended to December 31. 2016
As of this afternoon, ACE shows that the current ALEKS courses are valid until 12/31/16.
Rejoice, then go get those credits!

Many thanks to Jennifer for sounding the warning and encouraging calls to ALEKS.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Well, this looks like good news, obviously! if i were to guess, and its certainly an unqualified guess, it probably means they started the ACE renewal process, and ACE gave them 30 days to complete the review process. After that 30 days, they'll probably be good to go for another few years.

The big question is, as part of the review, do they allow them to continue with un-proctored exams? That's been a question in the past, but with more recent sources like Shmoop receiving approval for un-proctored exams, maybe it's less of a concern?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I guess we will see, but even so I would encourage everyone to try to get their ALEKS completed before 12/31/16. You never know if credits will be downgraded, proctoring will be added, etc.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
jsd Wrote:Well, this looks like good news, obviously! if i were to guess, and its certainly an unqualified guess, it probably means they started the ACE renewal process, and ACE gave them 30 days to complete the review process. After that 30 days, they'll probably be good to go for another few years.

The big question is, as part of the review, do they allow them to continue with un-proctored exams? That's been a question in the past, but with more recent sources like Shmoop receiving approval for un-proctored exams, maybe it's less of a concern?

Talking about the 3 History Courses with this statement:

In my opinion Shmoop doesn't need proctoring, there is maybe 2 or 3 questions that can possibly be "googled" from the final exam. If you haven't taken Shmoop they like to ask very weird questions. If you actually do the chapters then you are fine. If they were to add proctoring I feel they would need to change their format because they pull a bunch of questions for the final from the actual chapters. The challenge with Shmoop isn't really with the final exam its with the chapter tests. Either way the 9 History credits I earned from Shmoop have probably been the hardest credits I earned to date right now. ALEKS may add proctoring, I felt that it was to easy to get through them with being able to use a calculator, or being able to exit an assessment to work out a problem for 30minutes until I was sure I was right. But who know I guess we will see.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
KayV Wrote:As of this afternoon, ACE shows that the current ALEKS courses are valid until 12/31/16.
Rejoice, then go get those credits!

Many thanks to Jennifer for sounding the warning and encouraging calls to ALEKS.

So if they are required to have proctoring it won't be added in until after 12/31 correct?? or will they be proctoring in december..?
It would be after Dec likely, but it's just as possible they'll continue on without proctoring. We won't know until they finalize everything.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I know a nurse who needs statistics credit by the end of the year. She was going to attempt the DSST exam. Would ALEKS be easier? Is there a proctored final to add to the cost?
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
the courses here are pretty easy

neither require a proctored exam

Statistics.com - Course Calendar

but you have to do part 1 and 2 to get credit

it looks like part 2 won't finish until the 2nd week of january

and part 1 started 5 days ago

you can easily catch up with part 1 if you started today, but they usually have assignments due on Friday or Saturday (the first's week's assignment is easy, so no problem starting late), but you really would have to start today or tomorrow

it looks like part 2
There are NO changes, you can't change during an evaluation period (there is not and has never been a proctoring requirement). They have a 30 day extension, and word today is they are NOT renewing. But, an extra month is an extra month- do with it what you can.

Message from my awesome insider "Jennifer, I am on an ACE review today and asked an associate director about ALEKS - it's official...ALEKS is not renewing. ACE will request on December 1 that ALEKS remove all ACE materials and references to ACE from the web site. ACE will NOT "grandfather" any students who have started the course"
Wow, December 1 and not January 1? Yikes!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACTFL has extended ACE status! Avidreader 9 745 08-29-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,381 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  ALEKS GLMRGIRL717 2 638 08-15-2022, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Still time for ALEKS credit? MDW2447 14 3,098 09-10-2021, 03:55 AM
Last Post: echo64
  ALEKS Badges via Acclaim Toastmaster 6 1,369 01-13-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Kab
  How to get ALEKS badge added to Acclaim ashkir 0 1,038 12-09-2020, 03:59 PM
  ALEKS is expiring. gams007 9 1,975 11-13-2020, 07:49 PM
  ALEKS stats and Sophia Overap? Edriveless 4 1,239 05-26-2020, 04:10 PM