Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALEKS is painful..
Congrats, that's a great step. Also thanks for the feedback and good luck with Intro to Stats!
(08-13-2019, 06:03 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 05:55 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: To me your progress is not bad at all. You haven't been doing algebra for year right?
I think there is an option (in your teacher account or something) to force a knowledge test. This way you can test out again and hopefully skip some parts.
Also it is very important to check your exact answer.

If Aleks is not for you there is CSM Learn, there is a lot of good reviews on that course/provider.

Hi lacussucceed!

I haven't done algebra for more than 20 years haha..  And I've already taken two knowledge tests and it hasn't done anything to my progress chart or percentage.

I have already taken the CSM Learn course but I need the algebra for TESU's BSBA program.

Thanks!

You have to take Algebra, Statistics and the CMS Learn? How did the CMS Learn come through on your transcript? I'm taking it now, was hoping it comes in as a Math on my BSN. I used to be great at Algebra, but that was a long time ago.
Enrolled RN-BSN TESU
Thinking about just getting the BALS instead. Then Master's

DSST Management Information Systems
DSST Ethics in Technology
DSST Substance Abuse 436
DSST Health and Human Development 450
DSST Computing and Information Technology  461
AAS Nursing - Helene Fuld College of Nursing
(08-26-2019, 12:31 AM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 05:55 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: To me your progress is not bad at all. You haven't been doing algebra for year right?
I think there is an option (in your teacher account or something) to force a knowledge test. This way you can test out again and hopefully skip some parts.

If Aleks is not for you there is CSM Learn, there is a lot of good reviews on that course/provider.

Hi lacussucceed!

I haven't done algebra for more than 20 years haha..  And I've already taken two knowledge tests and it hasn't done anything to my progress chart or percentage.

I have already taken the CSM Learn course but I need the algebra for TESU's BSBA program.

Thanks!

You have to take Algebra, Statistics and the CMS Learn? How did the CMS Learn come through on your transcript? I'm taking it now, was hoping it comes in as a Math on my BSN. I used to be great at Algebra, but that was a long time ago.

Hey cwendy111!

I definitely have to take Algebra and Statistics for the TESU BSBA.  I'm not quite sure where the CSM class fits in but I took it because it was cheap, easy and fast for 3 credits.  I haven't applied to TESU yet so I don't know where it will come through on the transcript, although it could be different for your BSN degree.

The one thing I can say is that I think Aleks Intro to Statistics is extremely difficult.  I think it is much worse than the Aleks College Algebra.  Every topic is a word problem that includes learning a new formula and then solving a multi step problem.  I think it is doable for me but it will be slow going.. maybe 1 to 2 topics per day until I hit the 70% required to take the test.  And then just keep my fingers crossed and use my notes to hopefully pass the ACE assessment.  I'm not looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

Thanks!
In Progress:
ALEKS: Intro to Statistics (3cr)

Completed:
Institutes: Ethics (3cr)
Sophia: Essentials of Managing Conflict, Developing Effective Teams, Student Success (3cr)
TEEX: Cyber 101, Cyber 201, Cyber 301 (10cr)
CSMLearn: CSM Course (3cr)
ALEKS: College Algebra, Trigonometry, PreCalculus (9cr)
(08-27-2019, 02:23 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 12:31 AM)cwendy111 Wrote:

Hi lacussucceed!

Thanks!

Hey cwendy111!

I definitely have to take Algebra and Statistics for the TESU BSBA.  I'm not quite sure where the CSM class fits in but I took it because it was cheap, easy and fast for 3 credits.  I haven't applied to TESU yet so I don't know where it will come through on the transcript, although it could be different for your BSN degree.

The one thing I can say is that I think Aleks Intro to Statistics is extremely difficult.  I think it is much worse than the Aleks College Algebra.  Every topic is a word problem that includes learning a new formula and then solving a multi step problem.  I think it is doable for me but it will be slow going.. maybe 1 to 2 topics per day until I hit the 70% required to take the test.  And then just keep my fingers crossed and use my notes to hopefully pass the ACE assessment.  I'm not looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

Thanks!

I finished the CMS Learn Course yesterday! Waiting for the ACE approval. I will let you know how it comes in for me. My requirements include 3 cr Math and 3 cr Statistics, no specification for Algebra (RN-BSN program), just a Math. I just hope it doesn't come in as a General Elective. I will def try to appeal if it does.
Enrolled RN-BSN TESU

DSST Substance Abuse 436

Hi lacussucceed!

Thank
How did TESU transcript CSM Learn?
(08-29-2019, 11:44 PM)BrianFallon Wrote: How did TESU transcript CSM Learn?

BUS-210 Quantitative Skills Business
(08-30-2019, 01:48 AM)lacussucceed Wrote:

Yes, that's what they told me. I haven't sent my ACE transcript over yet because I may be taking other ACE courses. They told me it can cover Math or Stats. Suggested I see where it lands and request a change after if I want to move it. I feel as though I would be better served in my UL Nursing courses studying a real Statistics course, so Im leaning towards having it cover Math.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
Enrolled RN-BSN TESU

DSST Substance Abuse 436
(08-30-2019, 04:56 AM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(08-30-2019, 01:48 AM)lacussucceed Wrote:

Yes, that's what they told me. I haven't sent my ACE transcript over yet because I may be taking other ACE courses. They told me it can cover Math or Stats. Suggested I see where it lands and request a change after if I want to move it. I feel as though I would be better served in my UL Nursing courses studying a real Statistics course, so Im leaning towards having it cover Math.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid286885
Hello all,

My progress update is that Intro to Statistics had me stumped at 50%.  So I took a break and completed Trigonometry and PreCalculus.  They were both easier than the College Algebra.  I will be diving back into Intro to Statistics tomorrow.  Hopefully I will be able to get to 70% and then pass the ACE exam.

I do have one question though. How do the credits work for courses that overlap?  After this weekend (hopefully) I will have:

ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS Trigonometry
ALEKS PreCalculus
ALEKS Intro to Statistics

I am interested in the TESU BSBA and I know that College Algebra and Intro to Statistics will fulfill the requirements.  Does that mean that Trigonometry and PreCalculus go in as electives or as no credit because of the overlap?

Thanks!
OldManOfTheSea
In Progress:
ALEKS: Intro to Statistics (3cr)

Completed:
Institutes: Ethics (3cr)
Sophia: Essentials of Managing Conflict, Developing Effective Teams, Student Success (3cr)
TEEX: Cyber 101, Cyber 201, Cyber 301 (10cr)
CSMLearn: CSM Course (3cr)
ALEKS: College Algebra, Trigonometry, PreCalculus (9cr)
Based on this:
https://www.aleks.com/about_aleks/ace_credit

You'll get a total of 9 credits, as both Trig and College Algebra overlap with PreCalc. You'll get credit for College Algebra, Trig and Stats.
Working On:  WGU MS-ITM (start early 2020), GA Tech OMSC (start early 2021?)
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019)
Journey Thread:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ALEKS unproctored? homeschoolmom1 1 245 08-06-2019, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  How to take Aleks free courses cecilgambe7 13 602 07-28-2019, 10:47 AM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  What's the grading criteria for Aleks College Algebra? romoh 1 284 06-12-2019, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  ALEKS | Final exam akr680 2 279 06-02-2019, 02:10 PM
Last Post: akr680
Smile proctoring (shmoop, aleks, sofia) algebra amberwalk 11 803 03-12-2019, 09:49 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  Aleks Initial assessment ACE knowledge check sambeaux 2 529 01-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Last Post: sambeaux
  ALEKS squirrely181 1 436 12-15-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  ALEKS mysonx3 6 667 10-16-2018, 11:42 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
Thumbs Down ALEKS-COLLEGE ALGEBRA MY STORY 8/2018 Mspeachy 24 2,831 09-20-2018, 03:07 PM
Last Post: activechamp06
  Force ALEKS Initial Assessment ISKBizz15 33 2,849 08-24-2018, 10:40 PM
Last Post: MNomadic