Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALEKS is painful..
Congrats, that's a great step. Also thanks for the feedback and good luck with Intro to Stats!
(08-13-2019, 06:03 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 05:55 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: To me your progress is not bad at all. You haven't been doing algebra for year right?
I think there is an option (in your teacher account or something) to force a knowledge test. This way you can test out again and hopefully skip some parts.
Also it is very important to check your exact answer.

If Aleks is not for you there is CSM Learn, there is a lot of good reviews on that course/provider.

Hi lacussucceed!

I haven't done algebra for more than 20 years haha..  And I've already taken two knowledge tests and it hasn't done anything to my progress chart or percentage.

I have already taken the CSM Learn course but I need the algebra for TESU's BSBA program.

Thanks!

You have to take Algebra, Statistics and the CMS Learn? How did the CMS Learn come through on your transcript? I'm taking it now, was hoping it comes in as a Math on my BSN. I used to be great at Algebra, but that was a long time ago.
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
(08-26-2019, 12:31 AM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 05:55 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: To me your progress is not bad at all. You haven't been doing algebra for year right?
I think there is an option (in your teacher account or something) to force a knowledge test. This way you can test out again and hopefully skip some parts.

If Aleks is not for you there is CSM Learn, there is a lot of good reviews on that course/provider.

Hi lacussucceed!

I haven't done algebra for more than 20 years haha..  And I've already taken two knowledge tests and it hasn't done anything to my progress chart or percentage.

I have already taken the CSM Learn course but I need the algebra for TESU's BSBA program.

Thanks!

You have to take Algebra, Statistics and the CMS Learn? How did the CMS Learn come through on your transcript? I'm taking it now, was hoping it comes in as a Math on my BSN. I used to be great at Algebra, but that was a long time ago.

Hey cwendy111!

I definitely have to take Algebra and Statistics for the TESU BSBA.  I'm not quite sure where the CSM class fits in but I took it because it was cheap, easy and fast for 3 credits.  I haven't applied to TESU yet so I don't know where it will come through on the transcript, although it could be different for your BSN degree.

The one thing I can say is that I think Aleks Intro to Statistics is extremely difficult.  I think it is much worse than the Aleks College Algebra.  Every topic is a word problem that includes learning a new formula and then solving a multi step problem.  I think it is doable for me but it will be slow going.. maybe 1 to 2 topics per day until I hit the 70% required to take the test.  And then just keep my fingers crossed and use my notes to hopefully pass the ACE assessment.  I'm not looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

Thanks!
(08-27-2019, 02:23 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 12:31 AM)cwendy111 Wrote:

Hi lacussucceed!

Thanks!

Hey cwendy111!

I definitely have to take Algebra and Statistics for the TESU BSBA.  I'm not quite sure where the CSM class fits in but I took it because it was cheap, easy and fast for 3 credits.  I haven't applied to TESU yet so I don't know where it will come through on the transcript, although it could be different for your BSN degree.

The one thing I can say is that I think Aleks Intro to Statistics is extremely difficult.  I think it is much worse than the Aleks College Algebra.  Every topic is a word problem that includes learning a new formula and then solving a multi step problem.  I think it is doable for me but it will be slow going.. maybe 1 to 2 topics per day until I hit the 70% required to take the test.  And then just keep my fingers crossed and use my notes to hopefully pass the ACE assessment.  I'm not looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

Thanks!

I finished the CMS Learn Course yesterday! Waiting for the ACE approval. I will let you know how it comes in for me. My requirements include 3 cr Math and 3 cr Statistics, no specification for Algebra (RN-BSN program), just a Math. I just hope it doesn't come in as a General Elective. I will def try to appeal if it does.

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
SL - Personal Finance 
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
AAS Nursing

Hi lacussucceed!

Thank
How did TESU transcript CSM Learn?
(08-29-2019, 11:44 PM)BrianFallon Wrote: How did TESU transcript CSM Learn?

BUS-210 Quantitative Skills Business
(08-30-2019, 01:48 AM)lacussucceed Wrote:

Yes, that's what they told me. I haven't sent my ACE transcript over yet because I may be taking other ACE courses. They told me it can cover Math or Stats. Suggested I see where it lands and request a change after if I want to move it. I feel as though I would be better served in my UL Nursing courses studying a real Statistics course, so Im leaning towards having it cover Math.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
(08-30-2019, 04:56 AM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(08-30-2019, 01:48 AM)lacussucceed Wrote:

Yes, that's what they told me. I haven't sent my ACE transcript over yet because I may be taking other ACE courses. They told me it can cover Math or Stats. Suggested I see where it lands and request a change after if I want to move it. I feel as though I would be better served in my UL Nursing courses studying a real Statistics course, so Im leaning towards having it cover Math.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid286885
Hello all,

My progress update is that Intro to Statistics had me stumped at 50%.  So I took a break and completed Trigonometry and PreCalculus.  They were both easier than the College Algebra.  I will be diving back into Intro to Statistics tomorrow.  Hopefully I will be able to get to 70% and then pass the ACE exam.

I do have one question though. How do the credits work for courses that overlap?  After this weekend (hopefully) I will have:

ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS Trigonometry
ALEKS PreCalculus
ALEKS Intro to Statistics

I am interested in the TESU BSBA and I know that College Algebra and Intro to Statistics will fulfill the requirements.  Does that mean that Trigonometry and PreCalculus go in as electives or as no credit because of the overlap?

Thanks!
OldManOfTheSea
Based on this:
https://www.aleks.com/about_aleks/ace_credit

You'll get a total of 9 credits, as both Trig and College Algebra overlap with PreCalc. You'll get credit for College Algebra, Trig and Stats.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,314 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  ALEKS GLMRGIRL717 2 619 08-15-2022, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Still time for ALEKS credit? MDW2447 14 3,024 09-10-2021, 03:55 AM
Last Post: echo64
  ALEKS Badges via Acclaim Toastmaster 6 1,347 01-13-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Kab
  How to get ALEKS badge added to Acclaim ashkir 0 1,024 12-09-2020, 03:59 PM
  ALEKS is expiring. gams007 9 1,952 11-13-2020, 07:49 PM
  ALEKS stats and Sophia Overap? Edriveless 4 1,228 05-26-2020, 04:10 PM