Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMU/APU no longer offers Momentum CBE/Self-Paced programs
Information 
I thought I'd start a new thread about this for some visibility. 

While looking at Walden's Tempo Learning programs recently, I was reminded of APUS and how a few months back there was some confusion about whether or not the APUS (AMU/APU) Momentum CBE/Self-Paced programs still lived on (over in this thread), and I wanted to clarify with the school what the deal was. Here is what. I got back:

Quote:From: jsd
Date: 08/06/2021 05:49 PM
To: info@apus.edu
Subject: Momentum CBE Self-Paced degrees

Hello,

Is APUS no longer offering the self-paced "Momentum" competence-based education programs?

Thank you

-------------

Date: Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 6:43 AM
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL]Momentum CBE Self-Paced degrees [#11355372]
To: jsd

Hello!

Thank you for contacting American Public University System, home of American Military University and American Public University. My name is Erika and I’m an Admissions Representative here at APUS.  

We no longer offer the Momentum education programs.

Which program were you looking to pursue?

Have a great day!

Erika Linton | Admissions Representative

I think the lingering catalog pages that were turned up were just archival and my guess is  probably there for students who are still working through the grandfathered programs. Another CBE program bites the dust.

Hopefully this doesn't mean Rasmussen University's CBE option, which I believe is now available for ALL of their online degrees, is going away under the new ownership of APUS.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
That's really too bad!

Does this mean Rasmussen was sold? They had a degree I was interested in but they didn't accept NY, CT, or RI students.
They were bought by APUS's parent company in October, with a focus on their healthcare degrees.

Not sure what that's going to look like long-term

https://www.rasmussen.edu/about-rasmusse...niversity/

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • ss20ts
(08-10-2021, 12:37 PM)jsd Wrote: I thought I'd start a new thread about this for some visibility. 

While looking at Walden's Tempo Learning programs recently, I was reminded of APUS and how a few months back there was some confusion about whether or not the APUS (AMU/APU) Momentum CBE/Self-Paced programs still lived on (over in this thread), and I wanted to clarify with the school what the deal was. Here is what. I got back:

Quote:From: jsd
Date: 08/06/2021 05:49 PM
To: info@apus.edu
Subject: Momentum CBE Self-Paced degrees

Hello,

Is APUS no longer offering the self-paced "Momentum" competence-based education programs?

Thank you

-------------

Date: Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 6:43 AM
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL]Momentum CBE Self-Paced degrees [#11355372]
To: jsd

Hello!

Thank you for contacting American Public University System, home of American Military University and American Public University. My name is Erika and I’m an Admissions Representative here at APUS.  

We no longer offer the Momentum education programs.

Which program were you looking to pursue?

Have a great day!

Erika Linton | Admissions Representative

I think the lingering catalog pages that were turned up were just archival and my guess is  probably there for students who are still working through the grandfathered programs. Another CBE program bites the dust.

Hopefully this doesn't mean Rasmussen University's CBE option, which I believe is now available for ALL of their online degrees, is going away under the new ownership of APUS.

My guess would be that APU/AMU did not do a good job promoting this program or setting it up (you had to have an AA/AS to do Momentum), and that now Rasmussen's CBE program will become their new CBE program, and they'll bring in additional degrees.  Just a guess.  But why buy a school with a lot of flexible options if you're not intending to use those?  At least, that's my hope.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
I just noticed that the press release specifically highlights the Flex Choice CBE programs form Rasmussen, so hopefully that means they plan on keeping them around.

posted at the same time you were posting, dfrecore. Your assessment makes sense to me Smile

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,463 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 605 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 772 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 243 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 413 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Arts Institute is no longer... And they all bite the dust... bjcheung77 1 342 10-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Fast, Self Paced, preferrably cheap RA credits elcastor21 6 873 09-12-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Mexican Bachelor of Engineering programs US$4200 elcastor21 2 410 08-31-2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Job Offers Free College natshar 3 867 05-02-2023, 08:49 PM
Last Post: wildebeest
  Regionally Accredited Self Paced Courses for College Credit BMWGuinness 5 2,776 04-27-2023, 12:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77