Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANOTHER Coopersmith question
Does anyone have feedback or suggestions for studying for Substance Abuse Counseling?

TIA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 16 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History 1, Pres Skills, Environ Science, Ethics in America, Intro to CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psychology, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict, Student Success, Anc Greek Philo, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, English Comp 1, Religions, Conflict Resolution, College Algebra, English Comp II, US History 2
TEEX: Death Investigation
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic Interviewing, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise Psych
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS

I’m going to be studying for that exam soon any feedback?
(07-25-2021, 01:34 PM)Cmglaser08 Wrote: I’m going to be studying for that exam soon any feedback?

We didn't end up taking that.  Drugs, Society & Human Behavior was a good one though!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 16 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History 1, Pres Skills, Environ Science, Ethics in America, Intro to CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psychology, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict, Student Success, Anc Greek Philo, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, English Comp 1, Religions, Conflict Resolution, College Algebra, English Comp II, US History 2
TEEX: Death Investigation
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic Interviewing, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise Psych
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS

Ok thanks
I plan on taking that one too
Interesting this topic is coming up.

A lot depends on the requirements of the specific state you are in. In some states, one has to have a masters degree and license eligibility in some form of counseling (LPCC, MSW, MFT). In many other states, including California, one needs only about 10 college-level courses.

As far as alternative credit providers, Coopersmith has the best collection I've seen, and there is almost enough there to (theoretically) meet the requirements for the many states that only require the 10 or so classes. The catch is the internship/practicum. You'd have to find a school (probably locally) willing to take you on for only the practicum. I've been in discussions with one of the certifying agencies in CA about this because I suspect there are a lot of people who would like to become an SUD counselor and also have the option to complete college later on.

There are many non-accredited private programs that offer SUD education that's recognized in the states that accept the minimal credit certification, but none of those programs are accredited (at least, not by a regional accreditor) and so the credits would be difficult to transfer. If the Coopersmith solution works, it could open doors for a lot of SUD counselors.
(07-26-2021, 03:11 PM)Cmglaser08 Wrote: Ok thanks
I plan on taking that one too

Did you take the Substance Abuse Counseling class? Do you remember how the exam was setup? Example 30 multiple choice 8 Essay.

Have you taking any others? 
My teens have taken The Stress Management (50 multiple choice)  & the Human Behavior drug exam 30/8.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 8 1,511 01-23-2022, 04:15 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  anyone here knows if these coopersmith courses still valid in TESU? StudentOLife 28 2,021 12-23-2021, 01:25 AM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  Question about COS 306 Computer Architecture Study.com Final assignment exxxius 17 923 12-19-2021, 01:23 PM
Last Post: AllThose299s
  Sophia APA Question ss20ts 17 1,353 12-09-2021, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Ximenez Diaz
  Anyone done Coopersmith UL psych courses? studyingfortests 10 719 11-26-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Letter grades from Coopersmith? studyingfortests 2 228 10-30-2021, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Physiological Psychology UL ryanaryn 6 1,320 09-27-2021, 10:05 AM
Last Post: justmelly
  Excelsior Coopersmith UL rzig 5 425 08-06-2021, 03:15 PM
Last Post: ctcarl
  DAVAR, SOPHIA, COOPERSMITH, etc creationstory 10 696 08-06-2021, 01:30 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Coopersmith is amazing! sanantone 14 934 08-06-2021, 12:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77