Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANY Degree
(01-21-2021, 04:50 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 04:32 PM)rachel83az Wrote: TEEX Death Investigation counts as ACE credit and NOT RA credit.

Instead of Outlier, I would recommend ASU EA. The price is about the same as Outlier but they have a wider array of courses available.

There is a scholarship for Outlier right now for frontline workers, I know 3 people that have received it (from another group), so the courses are free for them.

Also, the Outlier courses are supposed to be VERY well done.  It really just depends on which courses you need - if Outlier will work for you, then take them if you're interested.  They do have things EA/ASU doesn't have (Statistics, Philosophy) and the Calculus courses is supposed to be excellent.  I have not heard that EA/ASU's Calc course is good.

I somehow doubt that tricook2's teen kids are frontline workers.  Big Grin

Maybe there will be more scholarships in the future, ones that apply to tricook2's kids, but not having to pay anything besides the $25 upgrade fee unless you pass the class is a huge bonus for ASU EA.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-21-2021, 05:08 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 04:50 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 04:32 PM)rachel83az Wrote: TEEX Death Investigation counts as ACE credit and NOT RA credit.

Instead of Outlier, I would recommend ASU EA. The price is about the same as Outlier but they have a wider array of courses available.

There is a scholarship for Outlier right now for frontline workers, I know 3 people that have received it (from another group), so the courses are free for them.

Also, the Outlier courses are supposed to be VERY well done.  It really just depends on which courses you need - if Outlier will work for you, then take them if you're interested.  They do have things EA/ASU doesn't have (Statistics, Philosophy) and the Calculus courses is supposed to be excellent.  I have not heard that EA/ASU's Calc course is good.

I somehow doubt that tricook2's teen kids are frontline workers.  Big Grin

Maybe there will be more scholarships in the future, ones that apply to tricook2's kids, but not having to pay anything besides the $25 upgrade fee unless you pass the class is a huge bonus for ASU EA.

My teen kids are frontline workers (restaurant & fast food), and so were all of the kids who got the scholarships that I heard about (one worked at a preschool, one a grocery store).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Considering MCA for 24 RA credits. Another post suggested that the way the class names are worded might affect the transferability. There are 4 partner schools you can use to transcribe the credits. Any comments? Has anyone taken and reviewed TEL classes?
(01-26-2021, 05:27 AM)schlocker Wrote: Considering MCA for 24 RA credits. Another post suggested that the way the class names are worded might affect the transferability. There are 4 partner schools you can use to transcribe the credits. Any comments? Has anyone taken and reviewed TEL classes?

There are actually 5 schools now. What we know of TEL can be found here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TEL_Learning
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-26-2021, 05:39 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 05:27 AM)schlocker Wrote: Considering MCA for 24 RA credits. Another post suggested that the way the class names are worded might affect the transferability. There are 4 partner schools you can use to transcribe the credits. Any comments? Has anyone taken and reviewed TEL classes?

There are actually 5 schools now. What we know of TEL can be found here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TEL_Learning

TEL Director of Marketing popping in for a little clarification. The MCA program is a little different than our standard courses on demand because of the degree sequencing. Right now, courses provided through MCA (http://www.mca.tel-education.org) are transcribed through York College. That is both the Associate Degree option and the five-course bundle. 

Courses taken through our individual courses on demand (http://www.tellearning.org) have more options on the transcribing partner, and yes, that partner list is growing. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me or our Outreach Director for the Homeschool Market, Kathy Burt, with any questions.

Just to reiterate, MCA is only for high schoolers.  If you've graduated, you don't have access to this program.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 142 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 127 Yesterday, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,708 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 195 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,549 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 211 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 623 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,075 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 248 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,207 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK