Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AOS for BA in Psych - length of time, tips, etc.
TESU has 4 UL Psych courses but 3 of them count as electives when you only need two:

SDC Psychology 310: Psychology of Personality ---> TESU PSY-352 : Psychology of Personality
SDC Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology ---> TESU PSY-400 : History and Systems of Psychology
SDC Psychology 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology --> TESU PSY-401 : Industrial/Organizational Psychology
SDC Business 323: Organizational Theory --- > TESU PSY-360: Organizational Theory

All taken from here: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

Other methods of UL Pysch credit include Coopersmith and Excelsior UExcel Exams. I believe UExcel exams are expensive but they offer UL credit for multiple psych courses. Also, TESU offers UL Abnormal Psychology as TECEP exam might be an easy and direct way (no extra transcript fees or hassle of another provider) looks easy only 100 questions multiple-choice exam. Davar Organizational Behavior also would work as an UL AOS elective. If you want to avoid the residency fee consider taking a UL few courses at TESU.

EDIT: I realize this may be a duplicate of whatever else was said but oh well. Hope it helps anyways.
Thank you, natshar!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
SDC Psychology 310: Psychology of Personality ---> TESU PSY-352 : Psychology of Personality
SDC Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology ---> TESU PSY-400 : History and Systems of Psychology
SDC Psychology 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology --> TESU PSY-401 : Industrial/Organizational Psychology
SDC Business 323: Organizational Theory --- > TESU PSY-360: Organizational Theory

I completed all of the above mentioned courses. Abnormal Psychology, just go for the LL option on study.com. For additional UL options, try Biopsychology & Social Psychology on Coopersmith. For Statistics, you might be better going with study.com (4 cr.) than Aleks (3 cr.). The most attractive feature of Aleks is the price point, but the course itself can be quite frustrating. 

I think 4 months might be a good time frame to complete all of the UL & LL courses. I think I took about that long. Just that I was simultaneously also preparing for other LL courses. And once I completed all the UL & AOS requirements, I just started knocking out LL exams one by one.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(07-17-2019, 08:24 PM)Supermind Wrote: SDC Psychology 310: Psychology of Personality ---> TESU PSY-352 : Psychology of Personality

I completed all of the above mentioned courses. Abnormal Psychology, just go for the LL option on study.com. For additional UL options, try Biopsychology & Social Psychology on Coopersmith. For Statistics, you might be better going with study.com (4 cr.) than Aleks (3 cr.). The most attractive feature of Aleks is the price point, but the course itself can be quite frustrating. 

I think 4 months might be a good time frame to complete all of the UL & LL courses. I think I took about that long. Just that I was simultaneously also preparing for other LL courses. And once I completed all the UL & AOS requirements, I just started knocking out LL exams one by one.

Thanks so much, Supermind!

Ah, ok, so the Abnormal Psych course on Coopersmith is not fun/ideal but the Bio and Social is better? Thanks for the tip!!!!!!

I am taking Intro to Stats from Sophia.org and so far so good, we shall see. Should be taking the exam soon!

Thanks again!

Danielle Smile
If you like, you could take the Abnormal Psych course on Coopersmith. You will meet your UL requirements. I haven’t tried it though. I thought you were referring to study.com’s ‘Advanced Abnormal Psychology’ which appears like an UL course with a 300-range number. That is why I asked you to stick to the LL course only. I enjoyed that course, and learned a lot.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Oh sorry Supermind, you are right, I did have that originally. Hehe I did change it after everyone gave their input since I had no idea that it was LL at Study.com!

Thanks again!
Coopersmith's Social Psychology is lower level, which is why I recommended doing Abnormal with them instead, since it is upper level.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(07-17-2019, 02:46 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: Hey All!

Looking for some input on estimates for how long the AOS for TESU will take through Study.com, generally speaking. Has anyone done the Psychology fairly fast? Ran into issues? Etc?

1) Is ~4 months a good estimate for 9 courses or is it too long?

2) I see some courses have assignments, too, not sure how much extra time they typically take?

3) Any order that I should take them?

4) Looks like doing the course through Study.com for PSY-350 Abnormal Psych may be a problem?

5) Any courses really difficult to get through?

I have 9 courses left to take (bolded):

**At least 15 of the 36 credits required within the entire Area of Study must be at the 300/400 level .** 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A. Introduction - PSY-101 Introduction to Psychology (3 units) -

(3) Sophia.org Intro to Psychology - completing now

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B. Experimental - PSY-322 Research in Experimental Psychology (3 units) -

(3) PSY-105: Research in Experimental Psychology - no assignment

C: Social - PSY-379 Social Psychology (6) - 

(3) Social Psychology I - completed 12/2017
(3) PSY-316: Advanced Social Psychology - 1 assignment

D: History/Systems - PSY-400 History and Systems of Psychology  (3 units)

(3) PSY-312: History and Systems of Psychology - 1 assignment

E: Physiological - PSY-374 Physiological Psychology (3 units)

(3) PSY-311: Physiological of Psychology - 1 assignment

F: Developmental - PSY-211 Developmental Psychology (3 units)

(3) PSY-107: Life Span Developmental Psychology - no assignment

G: Abnormal - PSY-350 Abnormal Psychology (3 units)

(3) PSY-306: Advanced Abnormal Psychology?? - 2 assignments  

I don't see a course that transfers in as 350 on the transfer page. This Study.com transfers in as PSY-246. Sounds like this is a problem?

H: Ethics Soc Sci - SOS-450 Ethics in the Social Sciences (3 units)

(3) SOC-108: Ethics in the Social Sciences - no assignment

I: Statistics - STA-201 Principles of Statistics (3 units)

(3) Sophia.org - Intro to Statistics - completing now

J: AOS Electives (6 units)

(3) PSY- 108: Psychology of Adulthood & Aging - no assignment
(3) PSY-102: Introduction to Educational Psychology - no assignment

Thanks!

Danielle

I don't have much to add but I'm in the same boat as you Smile I started the Psychology AOS at the beginning of July, when I found out the degree was entirely test out-able, with a self-imposed deadline of October 1st so I can graduate in December. I've completed:

Intro to Psy (taken years ago at a local CC)
SDC Social Science 108: Ethics in the Social Sciences - super easy, went in cold
SDC Psychology 107: Life Span Developmental Psychology - this one was a little harder, the practice tests seemed easier than the final. 
SDC Psychology 104: Social Psychology - practice tests were pretty evenly matched to the final

I spent a week on each course, but I'm also doing the capstone and working full-time so YMMV.

Working on the Abnormal Psy TECEP and SDC Psychology 105: Research Methods in Psychology right now. Courses that are left: Advanced Social Psychology, History/Systems, Physiological, Stats (through SL because the course seemed more straightforward), I/O & Psychology of Personality (both for my electives)

I haven't done any upper-level courses at TESU so far, seems like most of the assignments require a 2500 words paper. So if you're a decent writer, you should be able to go through these quick. Good luck and keep us updated!
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
The TECEP seems the easiest way to go for UL Abnormal Psych if you ask me, only 100 multiple choice questions and a clearly laid out syllabus/study guide online. No papers, just 100 questions and you are done. Plus since TECEPs are through TESU no waiting around to transcripts. If it were me personally that's what I would choose over Coopersmith and study.com LL for the Abnormal Psych options.
(07-19-2019, 03:17 PM)natshar Wrote: The TECEP seems the easiest way to go for UL Abnormal Psych if you ask me, only 100 multiple choice questions and a clearly laid out syllabus/study guide online. No papers, just 100 questions and you are done. Plus since TECEPs are through TESU no waiting around to transcripts. If it were me personally that's what I would choose over Coopersmith and study.com LL for the Abnormal Psych options.

Personally, I took the class through a community college so I can't speak to either option, but I would almost certainly take it through either Coopersmith or TECEP to get the UL credits in that spot without having to do an extra assignment. The argument for TECEP is what you stated, the argument for Coopersmith is price ($150 vs $225, if I'm not mistaken).
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,561 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 285 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
Question Local proctoring experiences/tips? jch 17 2,238 10-30-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
Question TECEP Study Tips For CMP-354 Network Technology udi 41 7,319 09-09-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU academic evaluation hasn't been returned since 1/23/23. Is that enough time? CanICode 10 1,307 08-04-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  TESU BACS & BSBA CIS at the same time? CanICode 25 3,185 07-10-2023, 08:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Psy352 psych personality Akegge 0 306 03-13-2023, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Akegge
  TESU Discrete Math - other cost/time options onlinelearner99 9 2,092 09-27-2022, 02:13 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  upper level psych courses.....suggestions? CM1999 2 691 01-02-2022, 02:40 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Easy associate degrees at TESU, while obtaining Psych degree. OliviasDad 4 823 11-16-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az