Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
APUS APU/AMU
Is there any difference between APU and AMU?  I can't find one other than a few of the degrees are available at only one or the other.
APUS is the parent company that has two divisions, APU and AMU. The only difference is, one is for civilians, the other is for military. The school is the same, there may be some specific course/degree offerings that are different due to the nature of the division (military might have an extra one or two only for military people).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I don't even see the rule that says you have to be in the military to take classes at AMU. The phone number to call admissions is the same for both schools. Degrees are the same (I looked at Associates, Bacehlor's, Masters, and Certificates - all the same). It's all the same.

I guess if I was in the military, I'd want AMU. If I wasn't, I'd want APU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
So the history behind the names is basically they initially started AMU to cater to the military, but later on they wanted to expand the school to everyone else and to do that they started APU. There is no difference they have the same degrees and everything.

I recently asked the school out of curiosity.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(08-06-2021, 12:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I don't even see the rule that says you have to be in the military to take classes at AMU.  The phone number to call admissions is the same for both schools.  Degrees are the same (I looked at Associates, Bacehlor's, Masters, and Certificates - all the same).  It's all the same.

I guess if I was in the military, I'd want AMU.  If I wasn't, I'd want APU.

You don’t have to be military at all. Anyone can enroll in either AMU or APU. Same school- both part of APUS. It just depends on which branding you prefer, APU or AMU. No military affiliation whatsoever is needed to enroll at American Military University. They have zero affiliation with the US Military. They do have a lot of military students, but that’s the extent of “affiliation.”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APUS / AMU Momentum 2020: A 50% Scholarship for Visiting Students warriortaupou 2 1,019 09-26-2020, 02:20 PM
Last Post: nomaduser