Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASNSM - Computer Science
Ok, I wanted to complete the TESU ASNSM in Computer Science. Apparently I need 18 credits in Computer Science

In the Area of study, I have

Intro to Programming - 3 credits
Management Information Systems- 3 credits
Personal Com Appl 3.00  Credits  CIS-107
Introduction to Computers 3.00 credits COS-101
Information Security for Everyone (AWR175)  2 credits completed September 2020.
Cyber Law and White-Collar Crime (AWR-168) - 2 credits completed September 2020.
Cyber Security for Everyone (Cyber 101) v.1 - 2 credits   - completed January 2014.

What else can I do that is low cost and easy to completed the area of study? Is there anything that is doubled? Example Teex Courses?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/asnsm/computer-science

FYI  I have completed part B of the AOS (a math course and 2 science courses)
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
Check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan for suggestions on courses to take.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu, WALLACEMC11
Hmm, email TESU - I would complete as much of the TEEX courses if they accept that still... otherwise, I recommend Study.com Comp Sci 105 - Operating Systems. It's a relatively easy/fast course...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
> In the Area of study, I have

Information Security for Everyone (AWR175) 2 credits completed September 2020.
Cyber Law and White-Collar Crime (AWR-168) - 2 credits completed September 2020.
Cyber Security for Everyone (Cyber 101) v.1 - 2 credits - completed January 2014.

do those actually meet the AOS ?
they just seem more like data processing courses to me
but then TESU is weird with their classifications
I believe they count computer programming (or something similar) as natural science which is just stupid

> FYI I have completed part B of the AOS (a math course and 2 science courses)

what are the 2 science courses ?
I don't see any listed in your signature
and the only math I see is College Math and Statistics
does one of them meet the math requirement ? Calculus or Pre-Calc isn't required ? That's kind of shocking for CS degree, even if it is just an associates

18 credits = 6 courses = 3 months at study.com = $600
depending on how much time you have to study you could probably knock it down to two months ($400) -- but I just looked at the courses and most involve projects or papers -- even the Intro to Linux course seems like too much work to me LOL

there's also sophia
https://www.sophia.org/online-courses/all-courses/
they have a couple of IT courses -- I think they're only $79 per month

Excelsior has the java exam for $110 -- but it looks like you've already got something similar
https://www.excelsior.edu/exam/introduct...sing-java/
https://www.excelsior.edu/exams/choose-your-exam/
The ASNSM doesn't require any advanced math, no.

Sophia's it courses mostly don't count or they overlap with other things already taken. I do not recommend their database course unless there is no other choice. It takes too long and has much more work than SDC's UL DB course. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
The Sophia Database course situation is kinda strange. It's supposed to be equivalent to Strayer's CIS111 Intro to Relational Database Management Systems. However, the content of the courses differs drastically. CIS111 at Strayer is a MS Access course that doesn't touch SQL at all. It teaches basic RDBMS concepts with the GUI. Meanwhile, the "equivalent" Sophia course dives directly into hardcore SQL. No Access or GUI content whatsoever. The material is also far more in-depth than in the Strayer course.
TESU takes the Sophia Database Course (or my Microsoft MTA) as ITS-130 Database Fundamentals, which precedes ITS-231 Database Programming. My Strayer CIS-111 credit came in as CIS-211 Database Management.
I actually signed up for the Sophia Database course to help with ITS-231. It's near or just below the TESU course material depth in most areas. The TESU course textbook wasn't working well for me, and I needed an alternative resource.
Overall, I wasn't thrilled with the Sophia Database offering. It's probably the lowest quality course they offer, with numerous mistakes, wrong answers, typos, and unhelpful hints. Also, the order of topics is often nonsensical. Why do they spend the first two chapters on SQL, then go back to basic database concepts? Much of the content should be reordered. Furthermore, don't be fooled by the lack of assignments - this course takes a lot of time. Guessing isn't feasible on many of the questions. Unlike other subjects, where you may have enough background knowledge to select likely answers, this course requires you to open a database and run queries to find the results.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 3 users Like jch's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az, WALLACEMC11

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 372 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Computer Science Degree Needed lifted567 30 2,332 03-05-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: lifted567
  UMBI Political Science Advice XNutty98 2 191 03-03-2024, 02:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Computer science for international student in 2024 Passa 6 359 02-27-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Passa
  Seeking Advice on Degree Plans: BS Computer Science, BS Cyber Security, and BA Human rutpun15 3 391 02-21-2024, 05:38 PM
  European seeking Computer Science or Math fcfcfc 11 628 01-20-2024, 04:52 PM
Question Help - Computer Science Degree Plan International Student JohnnyBazzinga 8 893 01-04-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Advice - BS Data science FullFocus 10 777 12-30-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Computer Science/Software Engineering - 2nd Try optimisticCoder3 29 1,558 11-16-2023, 10:32 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Computer science question emmaya 3 479 11-10-2023, 03:09 PM
Last Post: emmaya