Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASNSM Math
(08-17-2020, 11:59 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Is there any way to get UL math courses through alternative providers? I am planning to combine BACS and Math. Just wonder if i can test out of math courses
There was an older thread that talked about it. I'm not sure how accurate it still is though.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app

(08-18-2020, 12:14 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 11:59 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Is there any way to get UL math courses through alternative providers? I am planning to combine BACS and Math. Just wonder if i can test out of math courses
There was an older thread that talked about it. I'm not sure how accurate it still is though.

Coopersmith has upperlevel math.

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Coopersmith has upperlevel math.

Thanks a lot Smile
(08-17-2020, 11:22 PM)lillingworth Wrote: Does anyone have recommendations for math credits? I've heard SDC is really not the place for math. Also, I have no idea what branch of math I would take next. Discrete Math? A higher level math than what I've done now? I'm a bit lost. 

It looks like I'm pretty close to an associates in Math so I'd like to try for that if I can. I know a lot of you feel that associates degrees are useless but I'm doing it for immigration purposes. I'm also finishing a BA so I'm hoping this won't really cost much extra. (who knows, if I do well with the remaining math classes maybe I'll switch from BALS to BAMath) 

You could also do calculus/precalculus from ASU EA's self-paced option. It'd be $99 each for those options as long as you start the self-paced cource by the 25th of August and finish by October 13th (IIRC; I could be wrong about the dates).

I posted almost the exact same thing a couple of months ago. I saved the information I was given but I don't remember who gave it to me. You can try to search if you're interested. What I was told was:

Quote:Westcott Courses (transcripted on Brandman, RA credit)
Calc III $544
Linear Algebra $569
Abstract Algebra $973 (UL)

West Texas A&M Self-Paced ($699/course)
MATH3340: Calculus III
MATH 3342: Differential Equations

Statistics.com has TONS of math courses for $549/course. There are also ones that will work in CompSci I think. They even have some grad-level courses.

There was some dispute over whether Westcott courses are accepted by TESU. But Coopersmith also has (UL) Linear Algebra and there should be no issues with West Texas A&M. They're a bit more spendy than actual alternate providers but those are the options as I know them.
(08-18-2020, 03:29 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 11:22 PM)lillingworth Wrote: Does anyone have recommendations for math credits? I've heard SDC is really not the place for math. Also, I have no idea what branch of math I would take next. Discrete Math? A higher level math than what I've done now? I'm a bit lost. 

It looks like I'm pretty close to an associates in Math so I'd like to try for that if I can. I know a lot of you feel that associates degrees are useless but I'm doing it for immigration purposes. I'm also finishing a BA so I'm hoping this won't really cost much extra. (who knows, if I do well with the remaining math classes maybe I'll switch from BALS to BAMath) 

You could also do calculus/precalculus from ASU EA's self-paced option. It'd be $99 each for those options as long as you start the self-paced cource by the 25th of August and finish by October 13th (IIRC; I could be wrong about the dates).

I posted almost the exact same thing a couple of months ago. I saved the information I was given but I don't remember who gave it to me. You can try to search if you're interested. What I was told was:

Quote:Westcott Courses (transcripted on Brandman, RA credit)
Calc III $544
Linear Algebra $569
Abstract Algebra $973 (UL)

West Texas A&M Self-Paced ($699/course)
MATH3340: Calculus III
MATH 3342: Differential Equations

Statistics.com has TONS of math courses for $549/course. There are also ones that will work in CompSci I think. They even have some grad-level courses.

There was some dispute over whether Westcott courses are accepted by TESU. But Coopersmith also has (UL) Linear Algebra and there should be no issues with West Texas A&M. They're a bit more spendy than actual alternate providers but those are the options as I know them.
Thanks a lot Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 9 573 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: davewill
  European seeking Computer Science or Math fcfcfc 11 702 01-20-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help with degree plan for combined Math & Environmental Studies RavioliMachine 12 594 01-08-2024, 01:38 PM
  Quickest Path to a Computer Science or Math Degree juiceboxguy42 10 1,462 10-06-2023, 07:27 PM
  TESU BACS with an associates in math. CanICode 5 869 01-16-2023, 01:05 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  TESU BA CS/Math Double Major Planning zolpgree 14 1,548 07-20-2022, 04:12 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TESU AS Math & BACS zolpgree 6 903 07-15-2022, 05:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BA CS (+BA Math) vs WGU CS: Need help deciding muu9 14 2,398 04-21-2022, 11:52 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ASNSM - Computer Science creationstory 5 856 09-16-2021, 04:09 AM
Last Post: jch
  Math requirement TESU BSBA in Accounting thecontrarian 5 1,035 08-30-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: thecontrarian