Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASU - Another amazing thing about it
I'm done with my ASU courses but I still have my user on it.
I just discover something AMAZING about ASU ea ... having a user I have access to all them digital library !!

This means that I can download any scientific paper !!
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
[-] The following 1 user Likes cecilgambe7's post:
  • MNomadic
Are you referring to lib.asu.edu or something else?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-15-2020, 02:38 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Are you referring to lib.asu.edu or something else?

Yes!!

The link is https://lib.asu.edu/

You also have access to ebooks
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
[-] The following 2 users Like cecilgambe7's post:
  • nomaduser, rachel83az
That is a nice perk... particularly considering you didn't even have to earn a degree to get access to that.

WGU alumni retain access to WGU's digital library as well, which also includes access to a lot of publications and papers. But you have to graduate to get it.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • AwardTour
Interesting/strange, I was wondering, don't all schools provide some type of Digital Library Access now?  Weird, I haven't used the one provided by TESU, but I assume we have access to it until we graduate right?  As I transferred everything into TESU (yes, including the BSBA Capstone, I did the TECEP/Penn Foster course), I haven't really needed that access, but if we do have that as a student of TESU for taking a tecep/class, I might need to dig into that further...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-16-2020, 01:22 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Interesting/strange, I was wondering, don't all schools provide some type of Digital Library Access now?  Weird, I haven't used the one provided by TESU, but I assume we have access to it until we graduate right?

Since TESU and NJ State Library are affiliated, TESU directs students to use the NJSL resources. Library access provides all sorts of cool online services (including all the research tools you could need), plus you can borrow books (and have them shipped to you) and such too.

Assuming you're an active (enrolled) student, all you have to do is register for a library card (which gets sent to you via USPS) and use the code on the back to unlock access to the online resources. They will send you a temporary code via email while you wait for the card to arrive.

However, you lose access to the library shortly after your active student status expires (which also happens when you graduate). I was hoping access would have been retained as an alumni perk, but alas that is not the case. I still have my library card though. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(10-15-2020, 07:12 PM)Merlin Wrote: That is a nice perk... particularly considering you didn't even have to earn a degree to get access to that.

WGU alumni retain access to WGU's digital library as well, which also includes access to a lot of publications and papers. But you have to graduate to get it.

Cool, I knew I had access while attending. I didn't know I would still get continued access after graduating. Thanks for mentioning that.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
This is just what i need!
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(10-16-2020, 01:22 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Interesting/strange, I was wondering, don't all schools provide some type of Digital Library Access now?  Weird, I haven't used the one provided by TESU, but I assume we have access to it until we graduate right?  As I transferred everything into TESU (yes, including the BSBA Capstone, I did the TECEP/Penn Foster course), I haven't really needed that access, but if we do have that as a student of TESU for taking a tecep/class, I might need to dig into that further...

CSU Global has a digital library. I know you have access as a student, but I don't know if you lose it after you leave or graduate. I haven't found one for UMPI. I probably should ask. It's not been brought up in anything I've read.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  12 Amazing Superpowers of ADHD LevelUP 0 165 03-06-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Amazing Student - High IQ bjcheung77 3 369 02-16-2024, 03:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Amazing, Wow! Claremont McKenna raises $1 billion... bjcheung77 0 248 10-16-2023, 05:26 PM
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,255 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  ACTFL is Amazing... Thank you! Tlm 4 1,134 09-28-2020, 01:35 PM
  Dismissal of online learning still a thing? eLearner 34 5,626 08-14-2018, 04:11 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  So much for the whole study.com thing. Mamasaphire 23 2,788 10-17-2016, 05:35 PM
Last Post: rowan555
  Do these two sentences mean the same thing? AngelaP 2 540 08-11-2014, 07:39 AM
Last Post: AngelaP
  Amberton University:The Next Big Thing? Saharapost 39 3,343 06-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Yanji
  My turn for a thing.... publius2k4 10 1,613 12-21-2013, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Dr John