Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASU Earned Admission Math Scholarship
ASU is offering a $400 scholarship if you get an A or B on their Earned Admission College Algebra or Precalculus course. I'm unsure if this $400 covers the cost of converting that course to credit or if it applies to a future course, but either way it's a great deal for anyone looking for graded credits: either 3 free graded credits or 6 graded credits for $400
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
That's awesome!

And both of those courses use the ALEKS platform, so worst case scenario, if you get through the material but don't earn the scholarship, you could always switch to ALEKs for $20 and run through it really quick.

Do you have a link to the scholarship info?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Earned Admissions page: https://ea.asu.edu/ - link is in a banner underneath the toolbar menus.
Actually, this is easier, here is the direct link to the info: https://ea.asu.edu/math-scholarship
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Looks like it's for that particular course - converting it to credit - and it's 3cr.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Awesome! For the first 125 people it looks like. I wonder if it's possible to do both for free....
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(05-30-2019, 04:49 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Awesome! For the first 125 people it looks like. I wonder if it's possible to do both for free....

There's an "or" in there, so I'm guessing no.  You can do 1 or the other.  I'd say do the highest level one you can get a B (or A) in.

I'm super tempted to have my DD do the ALEKS College Algebra course first for $20, then sign up and do this, so that she can get graded credit (our CC won't take ACE).
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
One note on these courses (I've already taken both of them):

Though it uses ALEKS, your grade is not based on ALEKS at all. Once you achieve 90% mastery in ALEKS, you unlock the final exam, which 100% of your grade is based on. Luckily, the exams in both courses mirror the practice exam almost exactly, so if you make sure you know how to do everything on the practice exam you will know how to do everything on the final exam.
Completed:

Up Next:

[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • dfrecore
I actually saw this about a week ago and considered posting it on this forum but I didn't know if people were interested. It uses Aleks and even though it is "free" having an official ASU transcript sent to a school is $15 and you would need to do that every time you apply to a school and even grad schools in the future. That and the hassle and time it takes for the school you are transferring to to process your transcript. Plus it's limited to the first 125 people and I didn't know how many people claimed it already. This might be useful for some who need graded credit or are going to a school other than the big 3 but for the big 3 I feel like Aleks would be less hassle and about the same cost.
I agree, it's definitely not beneficial for everyone. For some, however (e.g. non-Big 3 students, or those who need to hit a certain threshold of graded credit), it's huge. If this had been around before I took the courses, it would've been amazing. (Even so $800 for 6 self-paced graded credits was a pretty nice deal for me.)
Completed:

Up Next:

[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • natshar
My kid will be going to a local CC for a cert, but if she wants to get her AA, she'll probably continue on there, and would need math anyway, and it would help for it to be graded credit so she wouldn't even need to test out of it. And she'd need college algebra to go to COSC anyway (what we may plan for the future for her BA). So to be able to get it at a 4yr school for free, able to be used anywhere, is a great deal. We don't care much about the transcript costs.
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • hsfamfun, natshar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Udacity & AWS AI & ML Scholarship bjcheung77 1 272 02-01-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: evenFair23
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 356 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  CSM Math - what's it like? CircleT7 25 2,144 11-14-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  online RA undergrad discrete math course nomaduser 12 975 09-08-2023, 12:56 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Sallie Mae Acquires Scholarship App Scholly bjcheung77 0 153 08-22-2023, 06:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CSM course as a math req natshar 13 1,079 07-20-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Need Statsitics, but hate all the Math? The Statisistics TECEP may be your answer. Prloko 9 4,175 05-23-2023, 02:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  RA math option? Insert Name 7 934 02-20-2023, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Is It Worth the Money to Get a College Degree? Lets Do the Math and Find Out! LevelUP 20 2,021 02-08-2023, 07:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Saudi Scholarship: No funding for English studies bjcheung77 2 758 12-13-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Fewind