Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
About ASU, I am lost
Good morning everyone! I hope you all are having an awesome day. I am lost about ASU and the $25 + $400 deal. I am trying to understand do you pay $25 to take the class then $400 to transcript that 1 class or can you take say 4 or 5 classes at $25 each and then pay the $400 to transcript them all? I keep seeing mixed post regarding this so I wanted to try to get a defined answer before I try to take a class there. It is about 4 or 5 classes I would be okay with taking there depending on the answer lol.
Pierpont Community and Technical College - BOG A.A.S. Spring 2022 
University of Maine at Presque Isle - BLS with a Concentration in Management (In Progress)
Course Breakdown: Local Technical College: 21 Credits, Sophia Learning: 73 CreditsStudy.com: In Progress, UMPI: In Progress
I want to say thank you to EVERYONE for their assistance. You all are awesome!
Unfortunately, the $400 is per class. If you take 1 class and pass on the first attempt, you pay $425 total. If you take 2 classes, you pay $850, etc.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
It's usually best to look at the courses on the ASU webpage, it will clearly state the total. When you click a course for example.
Cost: $25 + $400 Link: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/computer-appl...y-cis-105/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Are the ASU courses more like an 8 week traditional course or can you accelerate/competency faster through the courses?
Traditionally, the ASU courses were all on an instructor-paced system. Each week, new content would be unlocked and the old stuff would be due. They do have a few truly self-paced options, where you have a year to work through everything.
Many of the newer courses, especially CIS ones, are on different platforms. These courses don't use time gating or hard deadlines. Instead, each module unlocks after you successfully finish the preceding one. The whole course must still be done in eight weeks.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
The ones that are specifically labelled as self-paced can be completed on your own timeline - within one year. But there are others that, like jch says, need to be completed in 8 weeks. Everything else (like history or chemistry) has weekly assignments that must be completed that week.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Darn, I was really hoping for that $400 total. I knew what I was reading was too good. lol.
Pierpont Community and Technical College - BOG A.A.S. Spring 2022 
University of Maine at Presque Isle - BLS with a Concentration in Management (In Progress)
Course Breakdown: Local Technical College: 21 Credits, Sophia Learning: 73 CreditsStudy.com: In Progress, UMPI: In Progress
I want to say thank you to EVERYONE for their assistance. You all are awesome!
Yeah, that would have been a great deal, $400 for all you can take ASU courses... I missed out on the $99/course offering when they started the Universal Learner as Earned Admissions. Several courses were offered at $25 + $99 each course, it was an awesome offering for RA credits, graded credits too - it could have been used for GPA purposes.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It was actually $99 total. They waived the $25 "setup fee". I wish they'd do a similar promo again!
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Vle045