Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ASU credit for $99 until 08-17-2020!
(08-04-2020, 06:51 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 01:15 AM)innen_oda Wrote: I had the same issue. After multiple tech support people (with varying levels of competence), we figured out that the proctoring system doesn't work with 10 Pro, only with the standard version of Windows 10.  There's some extra security protocol (???) In 10 Pro that prevents their software from functioning.

It's too bad that you got the run-around from the tech support people who have absolutely no idea what they're doing but this is absolutely not true. I took my Astronomy exam with Windows 10 Pro and had no issues whatsoever aside from the slight confusion (like others) where I expected the exam to display IN the PSI browser when you actually take it in your regular browser instead. It's not very clear that this is what you're supposed to do but that is, indeed, what you're supposed to do. I was mildly scared that I'd done something wrong and that it wouldn't count but it was fine. And that's exactly how it works in Windows 10 Home as well.

I never even got to the stage of being able to do the room scan and verification.

What did you do after you downloaded flash and kept getting just a blank white screen?
(08-04-2020, 09:20 AM)innen_oda Wrote: I never even got to the stage of being able to do the room scan and verification.

What did you do after you downloaded flash and kept getting just a blank white screen?

I downloaded "flash for other browsers" - which can be difficult to find because the Adobe site doesn't really work for this EOL product. I think the URL I got it from was https://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/flashpl...player.exe If you downloaded and installed any other Flash version (such as the one for Chrome/Opera or Internet Explorer), that might explain what happened. 

With Flash installed, everything worked. I get asked for the code, I do the room scan, all that stuff.

I just hope that PSI updates their browser in the next few months because it's soon going to be impossible for new students to take the test due to the lack of Flash downloads/support.
(08-04-2020, 09:41 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 09:20 AM)innen_oda Wrote: I never even got to the stage of being able to do the room scan and verification.

I downloaded "flash for other browsers" - which can be difficult to find because the Adobe site doesn't really work for this EOL product. I think the URL I got it from was https://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/flashpl...player.exe If you downloaded and installed any other Flash version (such as the one for Chrome/Opera or Internet Explorer), that might explain what happened. 

With Flash installed, everything worked. I get asked for the code, I do the room scan, all that stuff.

I just hope that PSI updates their browser in the next few months because it's soon going to be impossible for new students to take the test due to the lack of Flash downloads/support.

I downloaded flash from the adobe website with the provided links from ASU and the proctoring software.
(08-04-2020, 11:50 AM)Rustydroid Wrote: I downloaded flash from the adobe website with the provided links from ASU and the proctoring software.
Using which browser? Because if you use Chrome, it would've downloaded the Chrome/Opera version and that's just not going to work. I couldn't use the Adobe site as intended because it just doesn't load for me. I don't know why; but I can't download Flash unless I get a direct download link. This happened on both my Pro and Home computers, so it's not a weirdness with just one particular computer. Maybe it's my VPN. Point is, if you didn't download the Firefox version then that's probably why PSI didn't work. Either that or you also have a VPN and that messed things up somehow.
(08-04-2020, 09:20 AM)innen_oda Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 06:51 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 01:15 AM)innen_oda Wrote: I had the same issue. After multiple tech support people (with varying levels of competence), we figured out that the proctoring system doesn't work with 10 Pro, only with the standard version of Windows 10.  There's some extra security protocol (???) In 10 Pro that prevents their software from functioning.

It's too bad that you got the run-around from the tech support people who have absolutely no idea what they're doing but this is absolutely not true. I took my Astronomy exam with Windows 10 Pro and had no issues whatsoever aside from the slight confusion (like others) where I expected the exam to display IN the PSI browser when you actually take it in your regular browser instead. It's not very clear that this is what you're supposed to do but that is, indeed, what you're supposed to do. I was mildly scared that I'd done something wrong and that it wouldn't count but it was fine. And that's exactly how it works in Windows 10 Home as well.

I never even got to the stage of being able to do the room scan and verification.

I was able to take with Windows 10 Pro just fine. Was able to scan the room and everything. So far I've taken two tests with Windows Pro and so far so good. I took another one last night but I have not gotten the proctoring results back just yet. Last time it took about 30 mins to get results back.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rustydroid's post:
  • jch, rachel83az

So you got the white screen problem too? And were able to resolve it?
(08-04-2020, 12:08 PM)innen_oda Wrote: So you got the white screen problem too? And were able to resolve it?

Not in the PSI browser, no.

Attached is what I see if I try to download Flash through the "right" way. This is not a Pro issue. The computer I'm on right now has Home and this is what I see no matter what browser I try to use.

With the installation of Flash for Firefox, I have not had any issues whatsoever with the PSI browser, even while using a VPN. No blank screens, either on Home or Pro.

Attached Files
.jpg   FlashBlank.jpg (Size: 36.13 KB / Downloads: 9)
(08-04-2020, 11:59 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 11:50 AM)Rustydroid Wrote: I downloaded flash from the adobe website with the provided links from ASU and the proctoring software.
Using which browser? Because if you use Chrome, it would've downloaded the Chrome/Opera version and that's just not going to work. I couldn't use the Adobe site as intended because it just doesn't load for me. I don't know why; but I can't download Flash unless I get a direct download link.  This happened on both my Pro and Home computers, so it's not a weirdness with just one particular computer. Maybe it's my VPN. Point is, if you didn't download the Firefox version then that's probably why PSI didn't work. Either that or you also have a VPN and that messed things up somehow.

I used Chrome in all of my exams. I actually din't have some of the problems mentioned here, I was just expecting the exam to appear on the PSI secured browser. When it didn't that's when I started to freak out. Everything else worked including scanning the room and checking my computer processes. 
With the Chrome browser I believe that flash is blocked and you need to unblock it through settings.

Replying so I can find this post if I need it in a few months when I'm taking a final for one of my ASU courses.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
For PSI make sure that you have the communication app force killed. The one that caused trouble in my case was Skype, and Task Manager also have to be killed. I went through the tech support, meet an arrogant guy that kills everything/driver related stuff that should not be closed that I ended up shut him off, do a restart and try fresh (only reconnected to the proctor). The thing with PSI is the error message is not always popping up, once you get the first one to tell you which app to kill it's fairly straight forward.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-credit Fintech certificate, free, U South Florida freeloader 0 48 2 hours ago
Last Post: freeloader
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,207 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  TAMUC Free 3 Credit Course Winter Mini Term Tedium 10 2,026 12-17-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: RbxFunRocks
  Free non-credit classes from COSC rachel83az 2 924 06-29-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free non-credit certificates rachel83az 0 972 06-29-2022, 01:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  FREE 1-credit online Clackamas CC Intro To Library Research Course - RA and Graded! ctcarl 30 7,528 04-01-2022, 12:22 PM
  Free Spanish course (no credit) rachel83az 4 1,184 03-27-2022, 01:22 PM
  Free Oracle Cloud Certification until Feb 28. Credit transfer? asianphd 1 957 02-05-2022, 09:43 AM
  free 7 credit course gams007 10 2,269 01-06-2022, 12:57 PM
  Oakton CC: Free 7 Credit Web Design Class 4 Vulnerable Populations eriehiker 59 7,912 07-01-2021, 02:03 PM