Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ASU credit for $99 until 08-17-2020!
Yeah for anyone going to the big 3, I understand this might not appeal to them. As there are cheaper options, having another transcript to deal with and the fact that most of the courses aren't self-paced.

But for anyone going to a school that is not the big 3 (ace and nccrs are difficult to transfer outside of the big 3) or thinking about med school, law school, professional/prestigious grad school etc. these are as cheap as you can for RA graded credit and only 8 weeks.
(04-09-2020, 07:39 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 07:01 PM)udi Wrote: I didn't see anything at ASU that can't be found cheaper somewhere else. Maybe one engineering course. What are people taking there?

Cheaper than $99?  For graded credits on a 4yr school transcript!  Where can you find that?  Our CC's are more than that, and we're some of the cheapest in the country ($46/cr statewide).

My kid needs graded credits for substituting a high school course - English 101 for AP English : Language & Composition.  Substituting an 8-week course for a full year AP course with TONS of writing - you just can't beat it.  Add to that, we have to jump through hoops to get into our CC for dual enrollment as a sophomore, and they may deny us. AND, even if we found it at a CC, finding an online 8wk course is difficult.  They fill up really fast.

I was thinking along the lines of gathering credits to transfer to Big Three schools.

But, I'm curious how people will use the ASU credits.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
> I was thinking along the lines of gathering credits to transfer to Big Three schools.

even then $99 is very inexpensive
its not $99 per month -- its a one time fee
that's about the cost of one month of study.com or or month of straighterline
except ASU gives you 2 to 4 months to complete the course

calculus
https://ea.asu.edu/courses/calculus-for-...rs-mat-265

english composition
https://ea.asu.edu/courses/english-composition-eng-101
What an amazing deal! Even $99/credit would be crazy good. Thanks for sharing.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

(04-09-2020, 10:10 PM)udi Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 07:01 PM)udi Wrote: I didn't see anything at ASU that can't be found cheaper somewhere else. Maybe one engineering course. What are people taking there?

Cheaper than $99?  For graded credits on a 4yr school transcript!  Where can you find that?  Our CC's are more than that, and we're some of the cheapest in the country ($46/cr statewide).

My kid needs graded credits for substituting a high school course - English 101 for AP English : Language & Composition.  Substituting an 8-week course for a full year AP course with TONS of writing - you just can't beat it.  Add to that, we have to jump through hoops to get into our CC for dual enrollment as a sophomore, and they may deny us. AND, even if we found it at a CC, finding an online 8wk course is difficult.  They fill up really fast.

I was thinking along the lines of gathering credits to transfer to Big Three schools.

I'm two classes away from completing an associate's in business administration from my local CC. My local CC is pretty strict about alternative credits just takes the usual AP and CLEPS. 
This is actually cheaper then my CC as well. I can kill two birds with one stone. I'll complete my associate's and transfer the credits to TESU with no problems. I'm getting close to the 80 credit limit on CC at TESU as well so this is really going to help.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rustydroid's post:
  • udi
(04-10-2020, 11:59 AM)Rustydroid Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 10:10 PM)udi Wrote:

I'm two classes away from completing an associate's in business administration from my local CC. My local CC is pretty strict about alternative credits just takes the usual AP and CLEPS. 
This is actually cheaper then my CC as well. I can kill two birds with one stone. I'll complete my associate's and transfer the credits to TESU with no problems. I'm getting close to the 80 credit limit on CC at TESU as well so this is really going to help.

Btw TESU now has 90 CC limit.
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • Rustydroid, udi
I decided on the Human Orgins course and honestly I like it. The only issue I have (due to self pace spoiling) is having to wait for the next week to open. I am learning a lot, but I also knew a lot of the information from an anthropology course I took awhile ago.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • bluebooger
I just wrote asking if self paced meant that we can finish and get the transcript sooner OR if I could join the already in progress class. Trying to get a ENG 101 course quickly.  Self paced is fine as I have loads of writing experience and just need to get this credit. Any other suggestions are welcomed!  thanks!
(04-17-2020, 11:40 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: I decided on the Human Orgins course and honestly I like it. The only issue I have (due to self pace spoiling) is having to wait for the next week to open. I am learning a lot, but I also knew a lot of the information from an anthropology course I took awhile ago.

I'm having this struggle as well! Human Origins is turning out to be a great course, and waiting a full week for the next module to be released is rough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kartvelian's post:
  • alab21
FYI -- I asked about finishing the Self Paced classes early for a fast transcript and they said no problem at all ! He even said he had a student finish the ENG 101 (the class daughter needs) in two weeks. Sign me up!

Thanks for the lead !!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-credit Fintech certificate, free, U South Florida freeloader 2 148 04-19-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,241 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  TAMUC Free 3 Credit Course Winter Mini Term Tedium 10 2,037 12-17-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: RbxFunRocks
  Free non-credit classes from COSC rachel83az 2 934 06-29-2022, 06:52 PM
  Free non-credit certificates rachel83az 0 982 06-29-2022, 01:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  FREE 1-credit online Clackamas CC Intro To Library Research Course - RA and Graded! ctcarl 30 7,590 04-01-2022, 12:22 PM
  Free Spanish course (no credit) rachel83az 4 1,197 03-27-2022, 01:22 PM
  Free Oracle Cloud Certification until Feb 28. Credit transfer? asianphd 1 968 02-05-2022, 09:43 AM
  free 7 credit course gams007 10 2,280 01-06-2022, 12:57 PM
  Oakton CC: Free 7 Credit Web Design Class 4 Vulnerable Populations eriehiker 59 7,949 07-01-2021, 02:03 PM